Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hey I could use the file for the veer. if you could email it to me or post it that would be great... I'll PM you my email.

Quote Originally Posted by redbox1 View Post
    I was finally able to get Telus 3G working with the Veer. If anyone else needs it, I can post the file somewhere.

I also played around the speakout data on my Pixi. I installed the squid proxy and I am able to get web pages with curl through novaterm without specifing a proxy but so far I haven't had any luck in making it work through the browser.
    Ok guys,

So I used digital locks method and got my internet working but it was bothering me that I wasn't able to modify them with out going through this whole mess...

Long story short...

Start up quick instal... Using the command line... browse to /etc/carrierdb

run command

chmod 777 carrierdb.json

restart your phone and there you go.. you can modify and save manual settings...
    Quote Originally Posted by lighter789 View Post
    Ok guys,

So I used digital locks method and got my internet working but it was bothering me that I wasn't able to modify them with out going through this whole mess...

Long story short...

run command

chmod 777 carrierdb.json

restart your phone and there you go.. you can modify and save manual settings...
    Interesting. If this is all it takes, we can probably modify our unlocker to do this automatically. Thanks for the information.
    No problem glad I could help =). Let me know if it works for you!

Ps. I have rebooted and gone in and out of dev mode and settings are still there! Now if I could figure out how to get mobilehotspot to work with telus I'm all ready to go! Any help with that digital unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Interesting. If this is all it takes, we can probably modify our unlocker to do this automatically. Thanks for the information.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Anyone have the mms settings for Straight Talk (USA)?

I have been able to get talk, sms, and data to work no problem with appropriate alterations to the carriernetworksettings.db3, but getting working mms (picture messaging) is eluding me.

Thanks for any insight.
    No problem glad I could help =). Let me know if it works for you!

Ps. I have rebooted and gone in and out of dev mode and settings are still there! Now if I could figure out how to get mobilehotspot to work with telus I'm all ready to go! Any help with that digital unlock?
    mine gave me an option to set it up anyway even though it was giving a
    MMS APN: att.mono
    MMS MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80

Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Anyone have the mms settings for Straight Talk (USA)?

I have been able to get talk, sms, and data to work no problem with appropriate alterations to the carriernetworksettings.db3, but getting working mms (picture messaging) is eluding me.

Thanks for any insight.
    Made my EDGE connection work, using The Editor, but I don't figure out where should I add my carrier SMScenter number, could U help me please?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lighter789 View Post
    Ok guys,

Long story short...

run command

chmod 777 carrierdb.json

I did follow this, before trying i used to get can't save settings(smthing like that),when I enter chmod 777 carrierdb.json, it said carrierdb.json is read-only file(smthing like that), when I quit the command prompt, it gave me some error. Now it gives me the error invalid apn settings, when I press setup anyway, the settings are getting saved but after I quit the phone preferences, it is getting emptied.
    Note: I tried this on freshly doctored veer.
    anyone with any info getting data to work on telus?
    Anyone who could fix or get data from T-Mobile 3G/4G network instead of just 2G Edge?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    anybody got settings for(or carrierdb.json file with) service providers in India.
    Quote Originally Posted by submandingo View Post
    I second that question. I've been trying to get it to work but with no luck.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
    I did follow this, before trying i used to get can't save settings(smthing like that),when I enter chmod 777 carrierdb.json, it said carrierdb.json is read-only file(smthing like that), when I quit the command prompt, it gave me some error. Now it gives me the error invalid apn settings, when I press setup anyway, the settings are getting saved but after I quit the phone preferences, it is getting emptied.
    Note: I tried this on freshly doctored veer.
    tried this method again by mounting / as rw by using the command "mount -o rw,remount /"
    but still the apn settings I manually enter doesn't get saved once I quit the phone-preferences app, manual settings turns off automatically once I quit the phone app. It's really frustrating for me for not been able to use any data(2g/3g) on hp veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by submandingo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marker37 View Post
    I second that question. I've been trying to get it to work but with no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbox1 View Post
    I was finally able to get Telus 3G working with the Veer. If anyone else needs it, I can post the file somewhere.

I also played around the speakout data on my Pixi. I installed the squid proxy and I am able to get web pages with curl through novaterm without specifing a proxy but so far I haven't had any luck in making it work through the browser.
    I'd also love a working json for TELUS.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    marker37 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkgolden1988 View Post
    Anyone who could fix or get data from T-Mobile 3G/4G network instead of just 2G Edge?
    If you're looking for 3G/4G for T-Mobile USA, forget it... it's a hardware issue, since T-Mo uses 1700MHz for their UMTS/HSPA link, and the Veer doesn't use that frequency.
    Hey guys,

I came across this thread after having the same reported problem of the Veer not saving the manual settings (after exiting the menu, airplane mode, rebooting, etc.) I'm outside the US so when I use a SIM with pre-programmed APN settings I get data fine, but when I use a SIM that needs APN settings I get zilch.

I found the MCC/MNC provider list on wikipedia so I was planning on playing around with the json but had a few concerns first:

1) If I edit the json so that it works for a specific carrier, does that mean I will no longer get service if I switch carriers/SIMs? I travel quite a bit so having to edit or replace jsons every time I switch SIMs just isn't an option.

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I understand the json file better now. I'm just adding carriers to a pre-existing carrier list, not exchanging one for another. I guess there's no harm in adding several different carriers (While I have the MCC, I'm still unclear of the MCN of my carrier).

2) If I'm entering the APN settings in the digitalunlock editor, shouldn't I be seeing them show up automatically if I've done things right? I shouldn't have to manually enter them again, correct?
    Last edited by briands; 10/21/2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Update
    hey guys ... I've just received my veer ... and same problem ... I've tried with dig unlock editor ... but it doesn't work ...also tried with carrierdb.json of my pre2... can you please help me? ...
    my carrier is Comcel in Colombia.

these are the settings

APN: internet.comcel.com.co
    MCC: 732
    MNC: 101
    Hi Digital Unlocks, i have a HP veer 4g amazonīs AT&T locked, i unlock it my self but i read this thread completely and i have some questions:

I try to use your Json Editor but i put where says "YOUR CARRIER NAME" my carrier name "DIGITEL" and change mcc and mnc to 734 and 02, but when i click on CREATE JSON launch an error message that says "ERROR PHARSING CARRIER",

So i try using "CHMOD 777 etc" command in Quick Install but the Java apps does not read my Veer even when Novacom drivers are properly installed, Win7 x64 Pro installed!!

So how can i generate a carrierdb.json including
    Digitel Venezuela
    Name: Internet
    APN: gprsweb.digitel.ve
    MCC:734
    MNC:02

Or made quickinstall work properly??

I want to insert Digitel to the Data Connection Database to have 3G HSDPA Data plan to be connected all time!!

Edit: WOSQI read succesfully the Veer, Send carrierdb file to phone, restart but still no 3G with Digitel. I opened the file posted by Digital Unlocks and find that Digitel is inside the file already, but no into veer original rom! So, i donīt understand what is wrong?? Maybe a corrupted file??

Edit 2: Try to Flash the phone with Eu firmware from O2 and Movistar Spain, canīt flash it with WebOS Doctor cuz different device detected!! Digitel Venezuela works 3G on 900/1800 Mhz, I have read that P160UNA works on 850/1900 Mhz (Movistar and Movilnet Vzla) but i have tried both sim too and works fine with 2G but donīt work on 3G either!!
    Last edited by Djmetelex; 01/15/2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Update
    Dear,

How we can set 2G services of bsnl network in India at HP Veer 4G*.
    Please help to me.

thanks
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast