Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    @digitalunlock
    Guys you are really commited. Its great to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheharyarali View Post
    Sorry it took so long. Ive put it up. Its the original one(without adding anything)

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Thank you
    I just tested changing carrierdb.json on our Veer and I get "unable to write settings". We'll doctor it back to stock and see if we can figure out what the issue is.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    I just tested changing carrierdb.json on our Veer and I get "unable to write settings". We'll doctor it back to stock and see if we can figure out what the issue is.
    okay. Thanks again for the effort. Its really really appreciated.Ill be eagerly waiting.
    okay. Thanks again for the effort. Its really really appreciated.Ill be eagerly waiting.
    Looks like we made a mistake while trying to figure out how to re-encrypt the data.

Try adding this line to the end of the carrierdb instead:

Code:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":410,"mnc":6,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl":"","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":295,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Telenor","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":295,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":19,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTranspor™ethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9rEfKz5ELl7KJ3VSuuXXs4C8GfYXmFhZKjTWug5cRe5GICjbQ9Ni9OIOyKDIwavxG1FG42nBeKJnmXAl26W9mycX3ASDH7TLGVMEQUj0GSSNJJ/iZEVR4co7aHoQ4mIL7BrXtAC/DUvI3r/3IzEa/7r8GNIUwIHbIWsJDyBmYiDFLmwktPvVaHH/I9w0UV4hwbolImDEY+mAtIKR41TeygcGNPuJRHEcNiAAUvSMkV6Z33kpaX2C4S2NkvL2SPnrG6ez0vSqVMrvcQoea5YTlL7YFtPeWFyIk="}
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Still cant get 3G DATA in my unlocked veer, tried pushing carrierdb.json from palm pre 2 WebOS to my veer, this solution doesnt work at least for me. Editing apn manual settings returns INVALID INTERNET APN SETTINGS, as i mentioned before this APN Settings can be used without any problems on other phones such as pre and pre2, whenever i edit the MMS APN it instantly returns MMS APN SETTINGS CHANGED so these ones are saving correctly, by the way when inserting my sim from TELCEL MEXICO, it automatically fills the APN Settings without being edited by me, but still no 3G, hope you can help us for finding solution @digitalunlock
    Quote Originally Posted by atomo007 View Post
    Still cant get 3G DATA in my unlocked veer, tried pushing carrierdb.json from palm pre 2 WebOS to my veer, this solution doesnt work at least for me. Editing apn manual settings returns INVALID INTERNET APN SETTINGS, as i mentioned before this APN Settings can be used without any problems on other phones such as pre and pre2, whenever i edit the MMS APN it instantly returns MMS APN SETTINGS CHANGED so these ones are saving correctly, by the way when inserting my sim from TELCEL MEXICO, it automatically fills the APN Settings without being edited by me, but still no 3G, hope you can help us for finding solution @digitalunlock
    Is your other carrier Telcel?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yes my carrier is Telcel in Mexico.
  8.    #48  
    Looks like we made a mistake while trying to figure out how to re-encrypt the data.

Try adding this line to the end of the carrierdb instead:

Code:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":410,"mnc":6,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl":"","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":295,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Telenor","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":295,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":19,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTranspor™ethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9rEfKz5ELl7KJ3VSuuXXs4C8GfYXmFhZKjTWug5cRe5GICjbQ9Ni9OIOyKDIwavxG1FG42nBeKJnmXAl26W9mycX3ASDH7TLGVMEQUj0GSSNJJ/iZEVR4co7aHoQ4mIL7BrXtAC/DUvI3r/3IzEa/7r8GNIUwIHbIWsJDyBmYiDFLmwktPvVaHH/I9w0UV4hwbolImDEY+mAtIKR41TeygcGNPuJRHEcNiAAUvSMkV6Z33kpaX2C4S2NkvL2SPnrG6ez0vSqVMrvcQoea5YTlL7YFtPeWFyIk="}
    Hi,

Added, uploaded to /etc/carrierdb/, reboted but same error. Invalid APN settings even and if i click on setup anyways i get an error saying cannot write.

Ive uploaded the updated carrierdb incase you want to see if i got it right.

Thank you
    Hi,

Added, uploaded to /etc/carrierdb/, reboted but same error. Invalid APN settings even and if i click on setup anyways i get an error saying cannot write.
    If you restore the original carrierdb.json, can you write to settings? Our Veer wasn't able to write APN settings after we added the first patch until we doctored it back to scratch. After that, writing seemed to be fine.

Also, make sure your file ends with a \n character. Here's one that we tried out on our Veer that seemed to work:

(snip)

If you still get the error writing APN data, it might be worth re-doctoring and trying again.

EDIT: I see the problem - part of this file was corrupted by the text editor. I'll upload a new one.

EDIT 2: Here's a new one to try. It no longer has the corrupted JSON in the last record:

http://www.multiupload.com/SU2F8RI3XW
    Last edited by digitalunlock; 06/07/2011 at 04:00 PM.
    DirtyDen likes this.
  10.    #50  
    If you restore the original carrierdb.json, can you write to settings? Our Veer wasn't able to write APN settings after we added the first patch until we doctored it back to scratch. After that, writing seemed to be fine.

Also, make sure your file ends with a \n character. Here's one that we tried out on our Veer that seemed to work:

(snip)

If you still get the error writing APN data, it might be worth re-doctoring and trying again.

EDIT: I see the problem - part of this file was corrupted by the text editor. I'll upload a new one.

EDIT 2: Here's a new one to try. It no longer has the corrupted JSON in the last record:

OH MY GOD. Its working. its ACTUALLY WORKING. I really simply cannot thank you enough. THANK YOU SO MUCH(Sorry for the caps) Its unbelievable how good you guys are. I really dont know what to say. Just one last thing. I had to run my phone in developer mode since i couldnt use my data connection therefore my palm profile wasnt created. Can i change the ext of WEBOS doctor to ZIP then replace the carrierdb with the one which is working and re run webos doctor? This way your file would load instead of the original one and i can make my profile. Possible?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Wow congratulations @sheharyarali

Thanks to @digitalunlock

Any ideas for mine with Telcel Mexico? these are the settings for Telcel Mexico:

APN: internet.itelcel.com
    User: webgprs
    Password: webgprs2002

Please help me. Thanks!
  12.    #52  
    Yes my carrier is Telcel in Mexico.

I used this file and uploaded to my veer. Credit goes to digital unlock.
    OH MY GOD. Its working. its ACTUALLY WORKING. I really simply cannot thank you enough. THANK YOU SO MUCH(Sorry for the caps) Its unbelievable how good you guys are. I really dont know what to say. Just one last thing. I had to run my phone in developer mode since i couldnt use my data connection therefore my palm profile wasnt created. Can i change the ext of WEBOS doctor to ZIP then replace the carrierdb with the one which is working and re run webos doctor? This way your file would load instead of the original one and i can make my profile. Possible?
    You can use the phone itself to erase the user settings. That'll be enough to return you to the profile creation screen.

Alternatively you can use novaterm to log in and run:

Code:
    rm /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    Reboot and you should be back at the profile screen. The reset is probably safest though.
    Wow congratulations @sheharyarali

Thanks to @digitalunlock

Any ideas for mine with Telcel Mexico? these are the settings for Telcel Mexico:

APN: internet.itelcel.com
    User: webgprs
    Password: webgprs2002

Please help me. Thanks!
    Try adding this to carrierdb.json. I'm assuming your MCC/MNC are 334/2 (you might have to confirm this with the carrier):

Code:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":334,"mnc":2,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl":"","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":295,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Telcel","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":295,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":19,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9rEfKz5ELl7KJ3VSuuXXs4C8GfYXmFhZKjTWug5cRe5GICjbQ9Ni9OIOyKDIwavxG1FG42nBeKJnmXAl26W9mycX3ASDH7TLGVMEQUj0GSSNJJ/iZEVR4cMKNN3HPnZdl9kps5+x2lrVX6RJX9sFJwcjmV2sTo8kQfUxgaKxNKaq4nNZbJGDwUiBa25kc49ufn/UcSbz0lAmG+F9wVEDdZAKidd3iTzEYY1QCOh0JwVHwKviDXVxCOd7uNeDhfQylC6OC6o8X8CbESO1lOLGiOWVN0hLohKwsZnUQNFLfGYrH08pktypgf"}
  15.    #55  
    You can use the phone itself to erase the user settings. That'll be enough to return you to the profile creation screen.

Alternatively you can use novaterm to log in and run:

Code:
    rm /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    Reboot and you should be back at the profile screen. The reset is probably safest though.
    Again Thank you. YOU ARE THE GREATEST.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Try adding this to carrierdb.json. I'm assuming your MCC/MNC are 334/2 (you might have to confirm this with the carrier):

Code:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":334,"mnc":2,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl":"","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":295,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Telcel","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":295,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":19,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP":1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"maxTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9rEfKz5ELl7KJ3VSuuXXs4C8GfYXmFhZKjTWug5cRe5GICjbQ9Ni9OIOyKDIwavxG1FG42nBeKJnmXAl26W9mycX3ASDH7TLGVMEQUj0GSSNJJ/iZEVR4cMKNN3HPnZdl9kps5+x2lrVX6RJX9sFJwcjmV2sTo8kQfUxgaKxNKaq4nNZbJGDwUiBa25kc49ufn/UcSbz0lAmG+F9wVEDdZAKidd3iTzEYY1QCOh0JwVHwKviDXVxCOd7uNeDhfQylC6OC6o8X8CbESO1lOLGiOWVN0hLohKwsZnUQNFLfGYrH08pktypgf"}
    According with my carrier TELCEL MEXICO, this might be the settings:
    MCC = 334 y MNC =020
    or
    MCC = 334 y MNC =02
    or
    MCC = 334 y MNC =20 (this is the one given as official in wikipedia)

Im not sure which one of these 3 should work.

How should I edit the file? can you modify it and just forward it, I dont want to corrupt data or whatsoever, or just let me know how can i modify it without corrupting it. Thanks a lot for your help, really aprecciate it.
    Last edited by atomo007; 06/07/2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is it going to be fixed on the future unlock process ?
    If so ? when ? I should be getting my veer tomorrow if royal mail UK doesn't let me down....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    Is it going to be fixed on the future unlock process ?
    If so ? when ? I should be getting my veer tomorrow if royal mail UK doesn't let me down....
    That was just an offhand comment re: carrierdb.json. We've figured out the format for the encrypted data connection information now. The unlock was working correctly.

This is basically a workaround for a bug in the Veer firmware. We correctly unlocked the devices, but they can't be configured for APNs outside of the carrierdb file.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    @digitalunlock

Modified the carrierdb.json file, but it isnt working still cant modify apn settings, im not sure if im doint it correctly, can you help me, once again these should be the settings:

According with my carrier TELCEL GSM, this might be the settings:
    MCC = 334 y MNC =020
    or
    MCC = 334 y MNC =02
    or
    MCC = 334 y MNC =20 (this is the one given as official in wikipedia)

Im not sure which one of these 3 should work.
    Followed the instructions. It says file transferred successfully. Restarted. Problem still there of being unable to save APN.
    Open the file and manually edit the apn in the file? Then you don't need manual settings on your phone.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast