1.    #1  
    I hadn't seen it mentioned, but I flipped through one of those HP multipage ads they mail out and found this on one of the pages...

veer ad.jpg
    I wonder how many people actually purchase a touchstone kit at $70 these days.
    Why are they still advertising the Touchstone for 70 bucks?!
    I love it! It's so.. counterintuitive..

All the other handset manufacturers tout a "bigger screen" or bigger this or that.. HP's going in the other direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Why are they still advertising the Touchstone for 70 bucks?!
    I heard the touchtone pucks were getting some location aware upgrades for the new phones, are these it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I heard the touchtone pucks were getting some location aware upgrades for the new phones, are these it?
    I think the MFG#FB335AA#ABA from the ad is still the older version, as HP's own site doesn't mention location aware as a feature for that mfg. #.

By the way, anyone interested in a touchstone may want to visit the Verizon Wireless site (no need to be a Verizon customer) as they're offering them for $4.97 with free 2-day shipping (for now).
    HP Veer: The first smartphone ever you can fit inside your mouth!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

the ad is ruined with that crazy price on the TouchStone... geesh.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yimmy View Post
    I think the MFG#FB335AA#ABA from the ad is still the older version, as HP's own site doesn't mention location aware as a feature for that mfg. #.

By the way, anyone interested in a touchstone may want to visit the Verizon Wireless site (no need to be a Verizon customer) as they're offering them for $4.97 with free 2-day shipping (for now).
    Shhhhh, I'm stocking up on $5 TS's to sell on EBay... At a steal (compared to ad) for $40.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums