Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Wow these keys are loud. Can't type in bed next to spouse. Which screen keyboard will work on a veer?

Also, is there a way to get the screen even darker than 1% bright? Waaaay too bright for sleepy eyes....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Oh and I also need a "page down" button!

Btw, auto-correct doesn't like "veer"
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    Oh and I also need a "page down" button!

Btw, auto-correct doesn't like "veer"
    Auto-correct also changes "haha" to "Hahn" which is just about the dumbest thing I've seen. Yes yes, I know, there's a patch for that. I'll get around to adding it soon.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    am i allowed to bump posts?
    am i allowed to bump posts?
    Yes.

Um...well considering the Veer is too small for a virtual keyboard...I don't know...

Go to bed or...love your wife! Hahaaha no clue dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Wow these keys are loud. Can't type in bed next to spouse. Which screen keyboard will work on a veer?

Also, is there a way to get the screen even darker than 1% bright? Waaaay too bright for sleepy eyes....

Screen is awful small. I tried a virtual keyboard on a Pre and on my Pre2 and it was already a but tough with the small screen. There may be a "reduce minimum brightness" patch available for your veer also.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    check out My Home Keyboard
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
    Auto-correct also changes "haha" to "Hahn" which is just about the dumbest thing I've seen. Yes yes, I know, there's a patch for that. I'll get around to adding it soon.
    Are you using a German autocorrect dictionary by any chance?? Hahn means rooster...

If you like using autocorrect (I hate it myself), just type "haha", tap it, and then tap the "+haha" button that pops up. It's now added to your dictionary and won't be changed to German chickens anymore

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    is there a patch for reverse screen...ou know, screen 'page' becomes black and characters become white? That would go a long way to reduce the brightness.

I think that might be a feature in some reader apps...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    or, wait for the touchpad and u can type your emails and text through there instead of your Veer! -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!

OMG... probably the first phone ever to come with the excellent IBM Modem M keyboard!!! I'm liking this!

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Check out "On-screen Notepad" (app catalog) it's free and works well as long as you don't mind a little copy/paste for apps that it doesn't support directly. This is NOT a virtual keyboard it is an application like My Home Keyboard - which I have not used and cannot compare against.

Look for the "Reduce Min Brightness" patch in Preware (0% is as low as it goes). You can also look for a patch called "Palm Dark System Devices" to cut back on the brightness on the system apps. I don't have 2.x so I have no idea if all of these are available in 2.x or formatted for the Veer but they are worth looking for.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Check out "On-screen Notepad" (app catalog) it's free and works well as long as you don't mind a little copy/paste for apps that it doesn't support directly. This is NOT a virtual keyboard it is an application like My Home Keyboard - which I have not used and cannot compare against.

Look for the "Reduce Min Brightness" patch in Preware (0% is as low as it goes). You can also look for a patch called "Palm Dark System Devices" to cut back on the brightness on the system apps. I don't have 2.x so I have no idea if all of these are available in 2.x or formatted for the Veer but they are worth looking for.
    thanks!! will do! :-)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Are you using a German autocorrect dictionary by any chance?? Hahn means rooster...

If you like using autocorrect (I hate it myself), just type "haha", tap it, and then tap the "+haha" button that pops up. It's now added to your dictionary and won't be changed to German chickens anymore

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks for the info. I later determined that it's because WebOS / the Veer adds the names of your contacts to the autocorrect dictionary, and I have a friend with the last name of Hahn.

I'm probably going to just turn off autocorrect at this point, because my use of the Veer's keyboard has gone from "pretty good" to "nearly flawless." I had a few mistypes at launch but now I rarely mistype at all. It really is a solid keyboard for the size of the phone... I could not be more pleased.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
    Thanks for the info. I later determined that it's because WebOS / the Veer adds the names of your contacts to the autocorrect dictionary, and I have a friend with the last name of Hahn.
    Personally not diggin that...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So...just bought a Veer and would love to be able to answer SMSs without opening the slider...any luck on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post

On-screen Notepad does not work for HP Veer. "This application is not available for Your model".
    dont know if this would be better or possible but how about a virtual compact qwerty keyboard