Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    That looks pretty comparable actually. AT&T is a bit more if you add in the Navigation. I have a family plan w/5 phones, and just went through the exercise of pricing comparable services to Sprint (fewer minutes and no Navigation) and it comes out to $274.96 per month BEFORE taxes. Yikes!

The same plan for Sprint (100 more minutes but i don't really care about minutes, and Navigation) comes out to $189.96 per month before taxes. I guess for a single line plan they're comparable, but for a family plan the difference is huge... $105 a month difference in fact. that's $1,260 a year. If Navigation were added, then it would be more like $1,380 a year. Double Yikes!
    All depends on your usage, are you also factoring in the new $10 per a line smartphone fee on Sprint?

When I have compared the big 3, for the wife and I are within $10 each, if I cut my data use a lil bit (easy since I don't use wifi as much as I could). ATT will actually be about $20 less.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    I know ATT is not that great, Sprint has been realy working on its cell coverage but who here thinks that I should just port my number to ATT?
    I am pretty much done with Sprint. If I had caught the Amazon deal, I would have bought 2 and the wife and I would be switching when our contract is up. At this point we are under contract until October, so we will see what the options for Pre 3 are when the time comes.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    That looks pretty comparable actually. AT&T is a bit more if you add in the Navigation. I have a family plan w/5 phones, and just went through the exercise of pricing comparable services to Sprint (fewer minutes and no Navigation) and it comes out to $274.96 per month BEFORE taxes. Yikes!

The same plan for Sprint (100 more minutes but i don't really care about minutes, and Navigation) comes out to $189.96 per month before taxes. I guess for a single line plan they're comparable, but for a family plan the difference is huge... $105 a month difference in fact. that's $1,260 a year. If Navigation were added, then it would be more like $1,380 a year. Double Yikes!
    Yeah that situation is much different. I'd do the same if I were you. I am lucky to have a wife who doesn't really use her cell, and kids too young to need one (yet).
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I am pretty much done with Sprint. If I had caught the Amazon deal, I would have bought 2 and the wife and I would be switching when our contract is up. At this point we are under contract until October, so we will see what the options for Pre 3 are when the time comes.
    If i knew it would have worked would have bought a few more...

I want the Pre3 though... but the veer would do great from now until septemeberish when the Pre3 comes out.

My contract ended yesterday with Sprint. But I have Sprint Premier so I get upgrades on a yearly basis plus pay dirst cheap and get unlimited calls to any cellphone. And sprint covergae is better than ATT in Socal... so im at an impasse here
  5. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    My contract ended yesterday with Sprint. But I have Sprint Premier so I get upgrades on a yearly basis plus pay dirst cheap and get unlimited calls to any cellphone. And sprint covergae is better than ATT in Socal... so im at an impasse here
    I just jumped ship to ATT. And they matched the Best Buy deal of a new customer Veer for $0!
    So I brought all 3 of my sprint lines to ATT with 3 brand new Veers all for $0.
    And apparently the cancellation fee is only $150 per phone on the Veer.
    The sales guy was VERY surprised and had to show it to all the sales people, apparently they are NEVER that low(usually $4-600), must be something to do with the Veer.

I am still planning on getting a Pre3, but for no money I got 3 Veers on ATT, now that's a deal to talk about!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    I just jumped ship to ATT. And they matched the Best Buy deal of a new customer Veer for $0!
    The sales guy was VERY surprised and had to show it to all the sales people, apparently they are NEVER that low(usually $4-600), must be something to do with the Veer.

I am still planning on getting a Pre3, but for no money I got 3 Veers on ATT, now that's a deal to talk about!
    What did you say to get them to match the BB deal? (Congrats on that, btw.) Did you just play dumb and sound surprised it was not the same price as BB?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So with the newest OS on the Veer did HP fix the annoying notification alerts while on a call issue? Just curious..
  8. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    What did you say to get them to match the BB deal? (Congrats on that, btw.) Did you just play dumb and sound surprised it was not the same price as BB?
    Nope, I have been looking at just getting the 3 Veers at Best Buy and finally decided to go buy them. On the way I decided to call the ATT store and see if they would match the deal and he said if I could give them an add they would match it. I told him it wasn't a special, just the deal now and asked if they could pull it up on their computer and he agreed.

Worked out pretty easy really.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    ...AT&T best I can tell will charge me $39.99 for those 450 minutes, $25 for 2 GB of data and $10 for 1000 messages, for a total of $74.99/month. Plus fees again. Now granted it is not unlimited, but I have wifi at home and work and don't text a lot and will be surprised if I come near any of those limits.

Add in the fact that there appears to be a bundle I can do with my home phone, and things look even better. But even without, seems like an easy trade for me, especially since I think AT&T service is better here in Atlanta than Sprint's. Unless there is something I am missing.
    Hey, lou, you should consider the even less-expensive 200MB plan, which is only $15 per month. I also use wifi at home and never come close to even that small 200MB cap, unless I am traveling around the country. The nice thing there is, you can get online, change your data plan for that month, then get online and switch it back. There is no extra fee for doing that.

Also, ATT has corporate discounts that give you (I believe) 15% off your base plan price if you work for the right company. They gave me mine because I am a teacher, so they counted that as a "state employee"!

Best of luck with your switch.
    tim
    I'm with you on the coverage, I have premier too. ATT is unlimited to any cell too. Plus since you aren't under contract, you can go month to month with ATT and then decide where you want to sign when the Pre3 comes out.

What plan do you need?
    I just did a price comparison of their biggest non unlimited family plans and got:
    Sprint - 5 lines, 3000 min., unlimited data, texting, and any mobile minutes on all lines plus $10 data charge on all 5 lines - $279.96
    AT&T - 5 lines, 2100 min., unlimited texting and any mobile minutes, 2gb data on all 5 lines - $294.96
    Only a difference of $15 and these are the most expensive non unlimited plans they have.

Wow, and I just checked the unlimited plans on both with 5 lines and AT&T actually came out cheaper, $424.96 on AT&T and a whopping $509.95 on sprint, of course sprint has unlimited data on all lines while you only get 2gb on AT&T.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Nope, I have been looking at just getting the 3 Veers at Best Buy and finally decided to go buy them. On the way I decided to call the ATT store and see if they would match the deal and he said if I could give them an add they would match it. I told him it wasn't a special, just the deal now and asked if they could pull it up on their computer and he agreed.

Worked out pretty easy really.
    Interesting. Thanks. I might go so far as to print out the BB.com thing and bring it if it has a chance of working. Thanks for the scouting report!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Hey, lou, you should consider the even less-expensive 200MB plan, which is only $15 per month. I also use wifi at home and never come close to even that small 200MB cap, unless I am traveling around the country. The nice thing there is, you can get online, change your data plan for that month, then get online and switch it back. There is no extra fee for doing that.

Also, ATT has corporate discounts that give you (I believe) 15% off your base plan price if you work for the right company. They gave me mine because I am a teacher, so they counted that as a "state employee"!

Best of luck with your switch.
    Thanks. I have thought about it, and am quite annoyed that it appears Sprint gives only the most recent month and no historical data. I would bet most months I am at or under 200 MB, but given the difference of cost thought it worth it to just pay up and not worry.

Corporate discounts are a good idea. I have asked for the credit union discount at Sprint a dozen times and each time have been told it will be applied, but don't think it has ever made it onto my bill. As a consumer I am part of the problem.
    I know ATT is not that great, Sprint has been realy working on its cell coverage but who here thinks that I should just port my number to ATT?
    Do it man. Just cancelled my Sprint contract early by 5 months to port over to AT&T to get this phone. I agree with you, coming from a Pixi, the Veer is way better performance wise. Still think I like the Pixi form factor though.
    Interesting. Thanks. I might go so far as to print out the BB.com thing and bring it if it has a chance of working. Thanks for the scouting report!

Thanks. I have thought about it, and am quite annoyed that it appears Sprint gives only the most recent month and no historical data. I would bet most months I am at or under 200 MB, but given the difference of cost thought it worth it to just pay up and not worry.

Corporate discounts are a good idea. I have asked for the credit union discount at Sprint a dozen times and each time have been told it will be applied, but don't think it has ever made it onto my bill. As a consumer I am part of the problem.
    Actually you can access historical data usage. When you log on to Sprint.com, click on the "Analyze my plan" link in the "I want to..." column to the right. Then, on the next screen, click on the "View Usage" button and voila... historical usage.

Can you get that in writing from AT&T? I'm 100% certain when I looked on att.com this morning that the cancellation fee for the Veer is the same $325 of other smartphone. Thx.
  16. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Can you get that in writing from AT&T? I'm 100% certain when I looked on att.com this morning that the cancellation fee for the Veer is the same $325 of other smartphone. Thx.
    The ETF is actually on the contract they printed out.
    It says the ETF is $150 and drops by $4 a month.

Here is the pic on my contract:
    att_etf.jpg
    The ETF is actually on the contract they printed out.
    It says the ETF is $150 and drops by $4 a month.

Here is the pic on my contract:
    att_etf.jpg
    congrats. you should probably keep that handy with you in case of a dispute later on, because when i looked on att.com it says $325 for the veer.
    After using the veer (I put it into developer mode) I must say we are getting jipped by not having webOS 2.x for us Sprint users. The UI is fluid, stacks are great, just everything about 2.x is better.

I am really ****ed they couldnt figure out how to get webOS 2.x on our Pre- or come out with the Pre2 on sprint to pass time until the Pre3/Slab/Veer comes to Sprint this September (that is if it even comes to sprint)
    I actually think HPalm showed some wisdom here, annoying as it is. I've been running 2.1 on my minus since it was made possible, and, as great as the OS is, it really is compromised by the amount of memory in the minus. Let me put it this way: it ain't nothing like running it on the Veer!
    Actually you can access historical data usage. When you log on to Sprint.com, click on the "Analyze my plan" link in the "I want to..." column to the right. Then, on the next screen, click on the "View Usage" button and voila... historical usage.
    THIS! I was just doing this the other day when comparing Sprint to VZW and ATT.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Awesome. Thanks. I wrote that half hoping someone would tell me I was wrong.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast