Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I jumped ship from my Sprint Pre to the AT&T Veer.

I loved how much homebrew let me do with my Pre and now I'm trying to figure out what I should do with my Veer.

Any patches or mods you feel work really well with the Veer?

Any patches or mods you consider indispensable?

First thing I did was install Date as Carrier String and Advanced Reset Options. Minor I know, but for me absolutely necessary! Thanks Jason Robitaille!

I've also installed Change Just Type to Launch Universe and WhitePages Call Log Phone Lookup.

I installed FreeTether but haven't played with it yet so I don't know if it works as flawlessly as it did on my Pre.

So what are you doing to mod your Veer?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Havent modded mine yet but first thing I want is to have my unlock screen look like my Pre-. It is annoying to have to slide open the phone to put in a code to unlock the screen. Its not THAT small.
  3.    #3  
    Just installed the Agenda as App patch which takes Agenda from Exhibition mode and makes it accessible as an app. Glad I did that!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My favorite patches so far are Battery Percent as Icon and Hide Voicemail Button. They seem minor, but have really improved the functionality of the Veer for me.

On your recommendation, I just added Date as Carrier String (I went with the no year version). Great choice!
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
  5.    #5  
    Anything good in the testing feeds for Veer?
    What about themes? Are any available for the Veer yet?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
  7.    #7  
    Simple shutter sound off and Device menu remix are two patches I also feel are necessary...

Anyone else have patches they consider must-haves?
    I loved the Advanced patches on the pre, but Iīm not able to install the Advanced System Framework patch for the Veer. Keeps giving fail messages... the actual patches DO install (I installed the "Today" patch) but they wonīt work without the framework. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I canīt find the old patch that modified almost everything... canīt remember its name. Anyone know? Instead of having so many patches for email, SMS, phone, etc.
    I haven't dealt with themes, and may not, but patch-wise I threw on the following:

Add Move to Folder Button - very helpful in email as I have quite a few sub-folders in my work email.
    Battery Percent and Icon
    Data in Device Menu
    GPS Icon On Top Bar
    GPS in Device Menu

I'd love to throw on additional notifications for email, without resorting to dealing with the Advanced System Framework (even the version specific for the Veer). However, the few patches out there don't operate correctly under 2.1.2 or the Veer (such as mamouton's Additional Days and Times for Syncing Email patch).
    I recommend adding patches and homebrew apps slowly and carefully. I think there may be some incompatibilities out there that we don't know about.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Close slider to hangup and bookmark fix. That's all I have.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hereīs what Iīm running so far:
    15px Font (sms)- helps with smaller screen
    Add Date MM DD
    Adv Sys Menus Framework+ Device, Power, Today Menus
    Capture with volume keys (camera)
    Character counter (sms)
    Email mega mix
    Fixed Keyboard Brightness 25
    Hold Tap context menu (browser)
    Make It So (just changes text of "Just Type" bar... couldn't resist, old STNG fan.)
    Multi Mod (browser)
    PDF Redux (especially nice on small screen, the bars disappear for more space.)
    Timestamps Clean (sms)
    UberCalendar (this isn't in Preware yet, but it's in the thread... trial working great.)

No noticeable problems so far. I can't wait for the Advanced Syst Prefs to be ported for Veer as well.

I used to run about 40 patches on the Pre, never had any problems.
    How's ubercalendar coming along? I will be in on the testing some time next week, I need to spend a day or 2 getting used to stock 2.x
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    How's ubercalendar coming along? I will be in on the testing some time next week, I need to spend a day or 2 getting used to stock 2.x
    Great so far, just like before on the Pre. I really donīt use icons, I mostly just love it for putting text in the week view descriptions. And for the calendar date picker instead of the scroll bar. You should try it... patches canīt do any permanent damage.
    Oh I know that, really just want to see what 2.x is like vs 1.x patched to hell (been patching since the second day we had our Pre -'s). Wanna get to know the built in enhancements of 2.x before I go crazy with the patching, got a 4 day weekend to play with it this weekend. =)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    BUMP!!!

anybody else? I have done the patches that jonesy and bighouse have recommended. So far so good!
    Yeah; this is a good bump. I'd like to see some screenshots, if anyone's managed to get any themes running on his/her Veer.
    I have used pretty much the same ones since my pre-

Add Date MMDD to top bar
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Character Counter (for sms)
    Close Slider to End Calls
    Default to Month View
    Just Charge by Default
    Max Blocker
    No Charging Banner on AC or Touchstone
    Video Downloads (to download youtubes)

One that I used constantly that I cant seem to find is the one that added a delete button to email notifications so I could delete email from there. That was invaluable to me
    Quote Originally Posted by provost View Post
    I have used pretty much the same ones since my pre-

Add Date MMDD to top bar
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Character Counter (for sms)
    Close Slider to End Calls
    Default to Month View
    Just Charge by Default
    Max Blocker
    No Charging Banner on AC or Touchstone
    Video Downloads (to download youtubes)

One that I used constantly that I cant seem to find is the one that added a delete button to email notifications so I could delete email from there. That was invaluable to me
    i add :

-disable variuos phone sounds
    -Turn the dialpad tones off and vibrate
    -Save attachements to Download folder
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Advanced System Menus with Mode Switcher and an auto mode for non-work hours to stop checking work emails.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast