1.    #1  
    Order my black Veer on Bestbuy.com. Got it yesterday. Started typing and I noticed that it kept registering an "a" while i was typing. For example, i would type "super" and it would come out as "asuaaper". I discovered that the "a" button would respond before it was even pushed and "clicked". I'm going to Best Buy today to see if I can swap it but they don't carry the Veer in black at the store. I'll keep you posted. Anyone else experiencing this?
    hmm, have to tried a reboot? Do you think your finger could be pressing it by mistake, most keyboard problems had been missed or double letters, so indeed its weird.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    hmm, have to tried a reboot? Do you think your finger could be pressing it by mistake, most keyboard problems had been missed or double letters, so indeed its weird.
    It's definitely a hardware issue. I'm coming from a Pixi so im very familiar with the keyboard. All of the keys have a soft clicky feel except the "a" key which responds simply by touching but not clicking the key.
    Definitely sounds like a hardware defect. Mine is fine, haven't heard of others having this problem. I would call Best Buy, if I were you, and see if they can send you a replacement in advance.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5.    #5  
    So do i just get the white? Really like the look and feel of the black. Anyone have a white veer?
    I had the same issue with my first Verizon Pre2, some of the buttons were not working correctly or did not work at all. I doctored it several times and eventually had to send it back as it was defective.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    My guess is something left under the keyboard after assembly. I think you should get it replaced asap. The keyboard is a strength of the Veer, so you shouldn't have anything less than the excellent keyboard that everyone else is reporting.

But since the "a" key is on the edge, first make sure you aren't pressing it somehow...
    Quote Originally Posted by jkpritchard View Post
    So do i just get the white? Really like the look and feel of the black. Anyone have a white veer?
    I have one for my daughter. The material on the white is a little different. It feels a bit harder, and a bit less grippy. It is not perfectly smooth, but has a sort of egg-shell texture to it. I do like the white--it looks nicer in person than in pictures. If I were in your situation, I'd take the white if it meant I'd have to wait to get a replacement, I think.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

But since the "a" key is on the edge, first make sure you aren't pressing it somehow...
    Like I said, very familiar with webOS hardware. I don't even have to press the key "a" key. Just a light brush of the key and it goes nuts. Trying to see if BB will send me one now. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    It took about a 40 minute phone call with BB online, but I finally got them to send me a new device. I will send back the defective unit upon arrival. Took forever for them to do this for me. If I dont send back the defective unit, they'll be charging me full price for the phone.