Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks for the replies, i figured it was world ready. Gonna buy one from the states for a friend then.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    Thanks for the replies, i figured it was world ready. Gonna buy one from the states for a friend then.
    No idea what customs is like in Sweden, but I ordered two Veers via ebay.
    One with cheap shipping $15, and customs didn't filter it out. I received it within 3 days.
    The other with $45 shipping, and customs put its paws on it. It took a week and a half and cost me an extra 50 euro in taxes.
    All in all, shipping and taxes included, I paid less than 500 euro for two Veers, which is still a lot cheaper than here in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No idea what customs is like in Sweden, but I ordered two Veers via ebay.
    One with cheap shipping $15, and customs didn't filter it out. I received it within 3 days.
    The other with $45 shipping, and customs put its paws on it. It took a week and a half and cost me an extra 50 euro in taxes.
    All in all, shipping and taxes included, I paid less than 500 euro for two Veers, which is still a lot cheaper than here in Europe.

Did you buy unlocked or did you unlock them yourself?
    That is cheap for 2 Veer!

Its a shame that it isnt on sale in EU.
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    Did you buy unlocked or did you unlock them yourself?
    That is cheap for 2 Veer!

Its a shame that it isnt on sale in EU.
    I unlocked them using DigitalUnlock. I get an extra special price though.
    I used Impostah before the unlock

Carrier: Globe
    Catalog: USA

One thousand thankyou's to DigitalUnlock and everybody who participated in this thread, especially Rod and Nam
    Hi,

Currently: Live in USA, on Sprint (>10 yrs) using Centro.

I think I'm about to buy a new (locked) Veer from eBay and then unlock it to use as my travel phone (and as my 2.6" TP ) -- with local SIM cards for voice but WiFi for e-mail/internet. [I currently travel with an unlocked Centro.]

I know one can use DigitalUnlock to unlock the phone.

But, I don't know what to do first and I don't know what I should not do.

For example, do I need a Palm profile first [not that I get what that is] ? Do I need to activate the phone on AT&T (I do have a pay-as-you-go AT&T SIM card)? If I don't activate on AT&T, would I still have access to the app catalog? If I activate on AT&T would that stop me from using the phone outside the USA? Can I install preware without an AT&T activation?

And, I think I read that I should NOT create a Palm profile if I want my data to sync with Google this or that. Or, if I want to search my PIM data.

If I could just get a WiFi-enabled webOS unlocked smart phone, I'd be happy.

I'd be even happier if every time I travel I could dump all my Sprint Centro PIM data to the Veer. But, I think I read that one cannot even do that once, completely, like not all the calendar stuff (or something) gets transferred, and I did read that the Palm (HP) transfer program works just once. If I can't dump my Centro data repeatedly to the Veer, I'd have to travel with both a Centro (I'd probably take the GSM one to which I can dump the Sprint Centro data) and the Veer.

I'm not yet ready to leave Sprint (and the good Centro PIMs, and SD backup, SplashID and desktop) for a Veer on AT&T (coverage and dropped calls issues). [A dual mode Pre3 on Sprint solves everything.]

Any help/comments would be most appreciated.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi View Post
    Hi,

Currently: Live in USA, on Sprint (>10 yrs) using Centro.

I think I'm about to buy a new (locked) Veer from eBay and then unlock it to use as my travel phone (and as my 2.6" TP ) -- with local SIM cards for voice but WiFi for e-mail/internet. [I currently travel with an unlocked Centro.]

I know one can use DigitalUnlock to unlock the phone.

But, I don't know what to do first and I don't know what I should not do.

For example, do I need a Palm profile first [not that I get what that is] ? Do I need to activate the phone on AT&T (I do have a pay-as-you-go AT&T SIM card)? If I don't activate on AT&T, would I still have access to the app catalog? If I activate on AT&T would that stop me from using the phone outside the USA? Can I install preware without an AT&T activation?

And, I think I read that I should NOT create a Palm profile if I want my data to sync with Google this or that. Or, if I want to search my PIM data.

If I could just get a WiFi-enabled webOS unlocked smart phone, I'd be happy.

I'd be even happier if every time I travel I could dump all my Sprint Centro PIM data to the Veer. But, I think I read that one cannot even do that once, completely, like not all the calendar stuff (or something) gets transferred, and I did read that the Palm (HP) transfer program works just once. If I can't dump my Centro data repeatedly to the Veer, I'd have to travel with both a Centro (I'd probably take the GSM one to which I can dump the Sprint Centro data) and the Veer.

I'm not yet ready to leave Sprint (and the good Centro PIMs, and SD backup, SplashID and desktop) for a Veer on AT&T (coverage and dropped calls issues). [A dual mode Pre3 on Sprint solves everything.]

Any help/comments would be most appreciated.
    When you first use the phone, it will ask you to create a palm profile. This is really the only way to purchase apps on it. However, you do not. You can simply bypass activation and go straight to regular WebOS. Then insert the SIM card of your choice and it will be used.

If you want Google Email and such on there, you have to go to Add Account and add in your Google account. If you want to use data, make sure to go into email and select that Email is checked only manually, not as it comes or every few minutes.

There are patches that allow you to disable data and enable it at will. Look into these.

No idea how to transfer data from a Centro to a WebOS phone. I'm sure it's possible though. Maybe through 3rd party software.
    <<Threads merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Thanks. Can I create a Palm profile via WiFi or do I need a SIM card?
  10. lgs
    Note that if your pay-as-you-go plan uses the AT&T network, then you may not need to unlock your phone. It was a nice surprise to me when I put a SIM from H2O in my Veer.

About activating a Palm profile over WiFi, see other threads about using DEVMODE and Impostah.
    Hi,
    I'm having trouble unlocking my Veer. I used Digital Unlock (and didn't install anything else) and I got the phone unlock code and network unlock code from the software. But then there's no place where I can input the code. The phone does not prompt me for anything. I tried with SIM card, without, in recovery mode and without.

Using older MacBook and trying to get into the China Unicom network.

Who can help and tell me where I need to input the code and how to get there?

Thanks!!
    Just used Impostah -> Unlock here in Australia, worked a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfish View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having trouble unlocking my Veer. I used Digital Unlock (and didn't install anything else) and I got the phone unlock code and network unlock code from the software. But then there's no place where I can input the code. The phone does not prompt me for anything. I tried with SIM card, without, in recovery mode and without.

Using older MacBook and trying to get into the China Unicom network.

Who can help and tell me where I need to input the code and how to get there?

Thanks!!
    My understanding is that it will prompt you when you put in the non-AT&T SIM card.
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by foggylemon View Post
    My understanding is that it will prompt you when you put in the non-AT&T SIM card.
    Exactly.
    The webpage states linux support, however there's no instructions for it.

Should I install a windows machine or is there a linux version of your software?

thnks in advance
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post

Should I install a windows machine or is there a linux version of your software?

thnks in advance
    Ask customer support.
    No trabajo para ellos.
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post

thnks in advance
    If you contact us at support@digitalunlock.com we can point you at the Linux version. Alternatively, you should be able to get it to work under VirtualBox or another VM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    If you contact us at support@digitalunlock.com we can point you at the Linux version. Alternatively, you should be able to get it to work under VirtualBox or another VM.
    done
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Ask customer support.
    No trabajo para ellos.
    Gracias
    The Linux client worked flawlessly.

the 3g service didn't came up as expected. Looking into that right now