Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks digitalunlock for his fast and very detailed support!

We have stucked on "Enter Unblock Code", which appears on my Veer with local non-AT&T SIM. Unlocker's generated code doesn't work on this screen - should it be some code provided by my local GSM-operator or something?
    Isn't the unblock code the 4 digit code provided by the unlock tool. It took a few tries to get the device to be recognized by the software. But once I got that going it was fine.

Used impostah to activate. Unfortunately I had some issues with my Palm profile. I tried creating a new one. In the end I ended up logging in to an old one I had. Alas I didn't pay attention and the region setting was put back to US. So now I have US app catalog access. But no credit card. To bad, I was looking forward to app catalog access. Grrrr.

The Veer it self rocks btw! Its much faster then my Pre- with webos 2.1 Even the 3G is much faster. (at least so it seems)
    Quick update on the "unblock" issue. Our team has actually seen a bug in previous versions of WebOS where you can't actually enter the unblock codes at all (even if they are correct). It's possible that Palm planned on supporting unblocking but never tested the feature.

We'll probably have to dig into the guts of the webOS radio layer to fix this particular bug for them.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by firun View Post
    Thanks digitalunlock for his fast and very detailed support!

We have stucked on "Enter Unblock Code", which appears on my Veer with local non-AT&T SIM. Unlocker's generated code doesn't work on this screen - should it be some code provided by my local GSM-operator or something?
    "Enter Unblock Code" usually means someone has entered ten incorrect unlock codes.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Quick update on the "unblock" issue. Our team has actually seen a bug in previous versions of WebOS where you can't actually enter the unblock codes at all (even if they are correct). It's possible that Palm planned on supporting unblocking but never tested the feature.

We'll probably have to dig into the guts of the webOS radio layer to fix this particular bug for them.
    I've never come across any of these reports.
    In previous webOS versions blocked devices were always successfully unblocked and unlocked in one go by that other unlock company.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I've never come across any of these reports.
    In previous webOS versions blocked devices were always successfully unblocked and unlocked in one go by that other unlock company.
    Yeah, the direct unlockers don't have this trouble (our Pre and Pixi unlockers are direct unlockers ). The code reader programs do, unfortunately, which is what our Veer unlocker is at this stage.

The first version of our Pre unlocker was a code reader and we came across the same issue with being unable to enter the unblock code. We forgot about the problem because we released the direct unlocker a few weeks later and it solved the issue. The Veer is a bit harder to direct unlock, so we're stuck with this problem for a bit.

FWIW, it appears that some Veers are coming from the factory in the blocked state, or the users are inadvertently using up the initial 10 unlock code tries before contacting us. You get 20 tries to enter the unblock code, but this turns out not to matter since WebOS is unable to correctly send the unblock code to the radio.
    GuyFromNam, that's true about un(b)lock code But me like my noob friends who have bought my little Veer in US didn't read FAQ thoroughly. Maybe because they are iPhone users for a long time

I should mention that DigitalUnlock has great service and really helps it's customers!
  8.    #148  
    GuyFromNam, that's true about un(b)lock code But me like my noob friends who have bought my little Veer in US didn't read FAQ thoroughly. Maybe because they are iPhone users for a long time

I should mention that DigitalUnlock has great service and really helps it's customers!
    Your noob friends also thought that they could beat a 10 to the power of 6 system.
    How many different possibilities did they think they needed to get the code right?
    1000000?
  9.    #149  
    No, this actually serves as a warning to other readers of this forum who are as inexperienced as your friends. Reading my well-meant mockery will remind them that it's statistically impossible to guess the correct unlock code.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 06/25/2011 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Quoted language deleted
    No, this actually serves as a warning to other readers of this forum who are as inexperienced as your friends. Reading my well-meant mockery will remind them that it's statistically impossible to guess the correct unlock code.

Mind your language though.
    They were just playing with it -
  11.    #151  
    They were just playing with it -
    Oh I see it's comedy. Well, it's your phone, so that's a good laugh.
    I'll ask Max if he expects to be able to unblock it in the future.
    Oh I see it's comedy. Well, it's your phone, so that's a good laugh.
    I'll ask Max if he expects to be able to unblock it in the future.
    Thanks! I hope that unblock is possible in near future. Before Christmas
  13.    #153  
    Thanks! I hope that unblock is possible in near future. Before Christmas
    You don't know who Max is.
    We should hopefully have a solution for this by the end of the weekend. We confirmed that the WebOS can't actually unblock using a code on the unblock screen. The code in the telephony layer returns an error when the unblock flag is set. Palm just never implemented it.
    digitalunlock rocks this planet! Amazing work and service! I totally recommend DigitalUnlock to everybody who needs to unlock his Veer or Pre3!
    digitalunlock rocks this planet! Amazing work and service! I totally recommend DigitalUnlock to everybody who needs to unlock his Veer or Pre3!
    Glad we could help!

Unblocking is no longer an issue for us. It's definitely busted in WebOS, but we have a workaround.
    So, can anyone confirm the US Veer works with Swedish / European 3G / 2G and unlock from these guys will work here?
    Works with Europe's EDGE, but not 3G.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Works with Europe's EDGE, but not 3G.
    Tonterias.
    The US Veer works on 2100 MHz, a 3G band used throughout the world.
    It's a regular world-phone.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    So, can anyone confirm the US Veer works with Swedish / European 3G / 2G and unlock from these guys will work here?
    Yes, works, and unlock works everywhere.