Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    used digital unlock and worked fine with my uk sim card.
    unlocked first then signed to my existing profile uk profile.
    very happy.
    For those who unlocked and didn't use Impostah, can you please report on which carrier, country and which catalog you got?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Didn't use Impostah ...

Carrier: Rogers
    Catalog: Canada
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Didn't use Impostah

Carrier: giffgaff (it is using O2 Network)
    Catalog: UK
    Will touchpad launch will effect geo-restriction on App catalog to all WebOS devices? including unlocked GSM AT&T Veer? If so... I will wait till TouchPad launched on 1st july and if Geo-Restriction gone because TouchPad will be available worldwide, I will activate my Veer without using impostah.
    Didn't use Impostah

Carrier: Bell
    Catalog: Canada
    Last edited by misasi; 06/11/2011 at 04:48 PM.
  7.    #127  
    Check using ChImpostah.
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    Didn't use Impostah

Carrier: Bell
    Catalog: ? Dont know how to check. Pandora says it does not work in my country so i think its on the Canada version
    Try searching to see if you find YellowPages.ca. That is a Canadian only app.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yep I do so its canadian version.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Will touchpad launch will effect geo-restriction on App catalog to all WebOS devices? including unlocked GSM AT&T Veer? If so... I will wait till TouchPad launched on 1st july and if Geo-Restriction gone because TouchPad will be available worldwide, I will activate my Veer without using impostah.
    You're making a lot of hopeful assumptions there, that I doubt will be fulfilled in that timeframe.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You're making a lot of hopeful assumptions there, that I doubt will be fulfilled in that timeframe.

-- Rod
    But it is very possible right? especially TouchPad will be available to many countries including in Asia this July. Geo-Restriction app catalog will surely kill Touchpad's sales if it still applied.

Or will app catalog differ on each WebOS device?

I will wait till what happen on app catalog after TouchPad launched, My Veer won't be on my hand soon anyway, even I already purchased a week ago.
    But it is very possible right? especially TouchPad will be available to many countries including in Asia this July. Geo-Restriction app catalog will surely kill Touchpad's sales if it still applied.

Or will app catalog differ on each WebOS device?

I will wait till what happen on app catalog after TouchPad launched, My Veer won't be on my hand soon anyway, even I already purchased a week ago.
    HP have publicly stated that the Veer runs webOS 2.x at release, and the TouchPad runs webOS 3.x at release, and have given no timeline for the convergence of those two things (or indeed the convergence with the Pre 2).

Based on recent acts of intentional and unintentional removal of support for "legacy" devices and operating system versions by HP, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting if I was you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Anyone on a canadian carrier with an unlocked veer have the proper vmail number? I cant change it and i dont know what the heck im doing as to editing the json file. Or even how to edit it.
    Got my Veer June 17 in Bulgaria. A friend set the profile in USA before sending it over.
    Unlock worked well in spite of my BIG fingers holding 3 keys at once. Support at Digital Unlock was quick to answer my questions. Thank you very much.

3G..went into BG Globul in Sofia expecting a long session to get 3G. Tech guy asked me to send a SMS to WAP in their service. In seconds had a reply and a 3G symbol on my screen. Tried it and it works great!

Veer is little and I am old with big hands but can read the screen without my glasses.

First WebOS.....I like it...will retire my T680

Thanks for all who spoke on this thread...it helped my a lot.

clp
    Got problem with my unlock code, which is not recognized by my Veer, purchased on Amazon Mobile a week ago.
    The DigitalUnlock program worked flawlessly generating unlock code, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
    I've written to DigitalUnlock support and hope to get info from them how to make my Veer unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    Anyone on a canadian carrier with an unlocked veer have the proper vmail number? I cant change it and i dont know what the heck im doing as to editing the json file. Or even how to edit it.
    I unlocked my Veer and running on Rogers... I didnt have to do anything special for my voice mail to work...
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    My Veer just arrived tonight, and I unlocked it using digital unlock. At the end of unlock process I got Connection error and no code generated, but my balance on my account already 0. Tried second time unlock it successed to finish but the unlock app ask me to refill my balance, so no code generated either. I already sent mail to digital unlock hope they help ASAP.
    glad you got ur veer safely bard! Enjoy!
    My Veer just arrived tonight, and I unlocked it using digital unlock. At the end of unlock process I got Connection error and no code generated, but my balance on my account already 0. Tried second time unlock it successed to finish but the unlock app ask me to refill my balance, so no code generated either. I already sent mail to digital unlock hope they help ASAP.
    Quick note - for those who may have purchased the unlock during the pre-release phase, we recommend downloading the newest trial version of the software from our website. It'll work with your existing registration code and fixes this connection error problem.

Alternatively, just send us an email and we'll look up the code in our database. The program succeeded, it just didn't print the code.

(we're handling to these concerns via our email support, but this one is a common issue for those who bought early - sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    glad you got ur veer safely bard! Enjoy!
    Yep.. Thanks to you too.. really a nice phone

Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Quick note - for those who may have purchased the unlock during the pre-release phase, we recommend downloading the newest trial version of the software from our website. It'll work with your existing registration code and fixes this connection error problem.

Alternatively, just send us an email and we'll look up the code in our database. The program succeeded, it just didn't print the code.

(we're handling to these concerns via our email support, but this one is a common issue for those who bought early - sorry!)
    Thanks for your quick reply.. but seems now I got problem with data connection.. The APN already automatically set correctly.. but strange I got no data signal at all.

EDIT: OMG!! I just tried make my phone Airplane mode on, then I turn it off after several second.. now the 3G logo appeared...

Thanks digitalunlock!!
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast