Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Has anyone succesfully unlocked their Veer yet? Do you need an AT&T sim card in order to create your profile? Or can you simply unlock it, and then use your own carier sim card?
    Yes, of course.

Activation: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html
    Hi, it is not very clear, should we first activate the Veer and secondly unlock it (with digitalunlock) or could we unlock it first and secondly activate it with, in my case, my Swiss sim card ?

Thank you for your help
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by p-nico View Post
    Hi, it is not very clear, should we first activate the Veer and secondly unlock it (with digitalunlock) or could we unlock it first and secondly activate it with, in my case, my Swiss sim card ?

Thank you for your help
    No, first you READ!

http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...trictions.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The geo restriction just makes me stop wanting a Veer.
    I live in South America, and from what i understand i need an activated phone to have access to the app catalog.
    I have just stopped searching for a Veer in Ebay until HP or someone solves this issue
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Actually he might not need it. He's from Quebec and Canada is an official launch country. So should be able to get the Canadian catalogue.

Except that there has been reports about unlocked Rogers Pre 2s activated on Bell unable to get a catalogue. I should be able to confirm soon...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rtn79 View Post
    The geo restriction just makes me stop wanting a Veer.
    I live in South America, and from what i understand i need an activated phone to have access to the app catalog.
    I have just stopped searching for a Veer in Ebay until HP or someone solves this issue
    Impostah solves this issue. HP will never solve it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Unlocked my hp veer 4g bought on amazon with digital unlock, im using it overseas, in Mexico to be accurate, 3G network frequencies are supported by my carrier in Mexico, however I cant get 3G DATA, no 3G Logo or whatsoever, just WiFi, I already edited the APN Settings Manually, but it returns with Invalid APN Setting, same APN Setting worked in other phones, any idea? hope somebody can help. Thanks!
    Personally I confused about activation matter here. I already bought AT&T Veer and I will use it far outside USA, .. South East Asia. Now I'm using Verizon Pre+ with firmware 2.1, and I can grab free app from app catalog without problem, but surely I can't bought any paid app due the app catalog not accept my credit card region country.

So back to Veer, if the phone still on the box, sealed, and I open and unlock it after I received it in South East Asia, do I can't even open the app catalog? or I can open it but can't buy any paid app like it already happened on my Verizon Pre+?
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Personally I confused about activation matter here. I already bought AT&T Veer and I will use it far outside USA, .. South East Asia. Now I'm using Verizon Pre+ with firmware 2.1, and I can grab free app from app catalog without problem, but surely I can't bought any paid app due the app catalog not accept my credit card region country.

So back to Veer, if the phone still on the box, sealed, and I open and unlock it after I received it in South East Asia, do I can't even open the app catalog? or I can open it but can't buy any paid app like it already happened on my Verizon Pre+?
    Activation in the US, or activation using Impostah with US settings is the same.

I'm not sure how many apps will be in the Veer App Catalog, compared to the Pre (Plus).

But if you are using a Verizon Pre Plus, don't you need a CDMA phone or did you swap the commboard?
    Activation in the US, or activation using Impostah with US settings is the same.

I'm not sure how many apps will be in the Veer App Catalog, compared to the Pre (Plus).

But if you are using a Verizon Pre Plus, don't you need a CDMA phone or did you swap the commboard?
    I change Verizon to CDMA carrier that available here. And it works great so far. Both phone & EVDO data, so does the app catalog. I just bought HP Veer from AT&T which I haven't got any experience about GSM lock system. Veer need around 1 month to arrive here. So I'm gathering some information, hope when Veer arrive I already know what I need to do.

So do I need impostah? or I just unlock it then insert the GSM sim directly. If App catalog can't be accessed and then I want to use impostah, is it possible?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11.    #111  
    I change Verizon to CDMA carrier that available here. And it works great so far. Both phone & EVDO data, so does the app catalog. I just bought HP Veer from AT&T which I haven't got any experience about GSM lock system. Veer need around 1 month to arrive here. So I'm gathering some information, hope when Veer arrive I already know what I need to do.

So do I need impostah? or I just unlock it then insert the GSM sim directly. If App catalog can't be accessed and then I want to use impostah, is it possible?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No, you only get one chance to activate your device correctly.
    Read this first: http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...trictions.html

And activate it with Impostah.
    No, you only get one chance to activate your device correctly.
    Read this first: http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...trictions.html

And activate it with Impostah.
    GFN - I'm not impacted by this but I wanted a little more info. Does this mean that after a doctor and new activation it will not work if you screw it up to begin with? Is this profile specific or device specific? Or am I asking the wrong questions? I read that thread you provided but it didn't really address these questions.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    GFN - I'm not impacted by this but I wanted a little more info. Does this mean that after a doctor and new activation it will not work if you screw it up to begin with? Is this profile specific or device specific? Or am I asking the wrong questions? I read that thread you provided but it didn't really address these questions.
    With each device, you only get one shot.
    There's only one 'first time ever'.
    With each device, you only get one shot.
    There's only one 'first time ever'.
    Do you know what part of the device it is tied to? Com board? I ask because I had no idea that the device could be borked for life. My thinking is that the used market could be a bit frightening if you didn't know this and bought a unit that was improperly activated. Is there a way to verify if a device is locked out in advance without having to trust the seller?
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Do you know what part of the device it is tied to? Com board? I ask because I had no idea that the device could be borked for life. My thinking is that the used market could be a bit frightening if you didn't know this and bought a unit that was improperly activated. Is there a way to verify if a device is locked out in advance without having to trust the seller?
    Yep, commboard, and no way to check or know in advance.
    GuyFromNam: are you getting Deja Vu as bad as I am?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Yep, commboard, and no way to check or know in advance.
    OMG! seems GSM more troubled the CDMA then. I never thought that activation matter can be such hindrance for WebOS users that not on hp's market region list.

I thought Veer more better then Palm Pre which hp should start to market webOS worldwide.

So what is the correct step for Veer buyer than not using AT&T (especially like me from South East Asia) .. unlock first then use impostah? or impostah first then unlock?
    Last edited by The Bard; 06/07/2011 at 10:34 PM.
  18.    #118  
    OMG! seems GSM more troubled the CDMA then.
    Activation issues hardly ever occur with CDMA devices as most are used in the US, or have been activated for the first time there. For those reasons, not much info about possible activation issues is available for CDMA devices.

So what is the correct step for Veer buyer than not using AT&T (especially like me from South East Asia) .. unlock first then use impostah? or impostah first then unlock?
    You'd be one of the first to do this.
    I would go with 1.Impostah>2.Unlock, but don't take my word for it.
    I would go with 1.Impostah>2.Unlock, but don't take my word for it.
    I would concur. Impostah only requires Wi-Fi.

-- Rod
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    GuyFromNam: are you getting Deja Vu as bad as I am?

-- Rod
    Yeah, my temporal lobe is all fireworks.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast