Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinkhanna View Post
    yes i did. i am still not sure when to press to white+sym+ R key.
    i tried it while it showing HP symbol. nothing happens , phone just freezes. i also tried once the booting is complete. phone just restarts.i m a noob for webOS. i just searched seeing its a common problem. trying to install webOS doc to see the issue
    Wait until your phone is booted up and displaying one of the WebOS screens.

Press the white+sym+R keys at the same time. The screen should dim slightly as soon as you press the third key. Let go of all three keys when you see this, then immediately press and hold the R key. Keep holding the R key until the recovery screen comes up (three lines pointed upward with a circle, triangle and square on them).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just purchased the code a little ago. But had a question going forward. After HP or a carrier does an over the air update to WebOs, is there any risk or way of them relocking our phones after this unlock code has been already applied?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Wait until your phone is booted up and displaying one of the WebOS screens.

Press the white+sym+R keys at the same time. The screen should dim slightly as soon as you press the third key. Let go of all three keys when you see this, then immediately press and hold the R key. Keep holding the R key until the recovery screen comes up (three lines pointed upward with a circle, triangle and square on them).
    I also have to mention that their customer support is fantastic. Received a reply to my email with in 20 mins that not only answered my question, but was also friendly and appreciative of my business.

Many thanks!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    First of all, it's $39. Secondly there's a $5 coupon code which brings it down to $34.
    Last but not least, you missed the pre-release 50% discount.
    yes I miss the discount... I plan to buy veer from precentral member here who is very lucky bought Veer for $49.99 and want to sell it.

I don't have any plan to buy Veer before.

I don't know why the price so high compared to other kind of phone which not using WebOS. If it is worth then I will buy the code from digitalunlock, but before that i need to grab Veer first for reasonable price.

Veer $350 price surely too expensive. for this spec of phone it should priced no more then $300. More concern is how good this Veer quality. I have Pre- before. 2 months, the touch sensor dead 2 squares. I sold and buy Pre+. no more then 10 month... 2 squares on touch sensore dead. then phantom touch problem occured for more then a month. now the problem gone itself, and i got 12 squares dead on the touch sensor. This reason make me not want to buy expensive Hp/palm product anymore. I love WebOS more then any other OSs on market, but the build quality still in big question.

Note: I bought all palm pre cdma from US and unlock it by myself for use far outside US so I don't have any replacement if my device have problem.
    You can also get into recovery mode on the veer by: 1. Power Phone off, 2. Plug USB cable into PC (not phone). 3. Hold down volume up and continue to hold while 4. connect cable to Veer. After about 15 seconds (still holding down volume up) the power powers up in recovery mode.
  6.    #86  
    Frontpage

"DigitalUnlock has come to our forums..."
    LOL!!!
    I come to the forums... I contact the unlock companies. I get the discounts. It does not just happen.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Just curious - how carriers generate lock codes? If I remember good, sim locking and carrier locking is an standard option. Carriers must have code generator for easy and fast locking, probably relaying on imei code as matrix.
    Rod, any idea?
    With Palm devices, the calculation is made not only using the IMEI, but also some other code on the device itself. That's why the phone needs to be connected to the computer, and the computer to the internet (the unlock server).

Otherwise you could just punch in your IMEI on a website. Note this is also one of the reasons development takes longer, and the unlock is more expensive.
    @GFN - thanks man.

@louboy23 - It sounds like full carrier unlock, and not some carrier check override, so you should be fine with future updates, meaning no carrier re locks after software upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by louboy23 View Post
    I just purchased the code a little ago. But had a question going forward. After HP or a carrier does an over the air update to WebOs, is there any risk or way of them relocking our phones after this unlock code has been already applied?
    Thanks!
    Nope. This is in the modem firmware, as with the Pre Plus.

Only way you can get it relocked is if you send it back to AT&T or Palm for replacement.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Now I only need to get one here...
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Upke View Post
    Now I only need to get one here...
    Easy! Two on the way.
    You used Ebay I guess?

Via official channels I get blocked by either my Dutch credit cards billing adress... or not being able to buy one off contract.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Upke View Post
    You used Ebay I guess?

Via official channels I get blocked by either my Dutch credit cards billing adress... or not being able to buy one off contract.
    Yep, much cheaper.
    Yep, much cheaper.
    hi,
    if i buy registration code, can i unlock more than 1 veer?
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinkhanna View Post
    hi,
    if i buy registration code, can i unlock more than 1 veer?
    My teacher in school once told me "There are no dumb questions".
    He was wrong.

Wait, let me add a before I get a slap on the wrist!!!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    @digitalunlock I just wanted to make a small P.A. YMMV but you may not want to unlock your veer if you are going to use it with an at&t goPhone SIM. Here's what I discovered...

I received two HP veers, one of which I had been using with a goPhone SIM without needing to unlock. I successfully unlocked this phone to use a T-mobile SIM card. I then removed the T-mobile SIM and put the at&t goPhone SIM back in and it began periodically telling me that the SIM is not compatible with this device and giving me SOS only.*yes, through resets... When I put the goPhone SIM into a non-unlocked at&t Veer, it worked just fine and has been working since then.

That's my experience, I am not going to unlock my phone until I get a postpaid contract or travel again because I fear that this may happen to my other Veer.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    @digitalunlock I just wanted to make a small P.A. YMMV but you may not want to unlock your veer if you are going to use it with an at&t goPhone SIM. Here's what I discovered...

I received two HP veers, one of which I had been using with a goPhone SIM without needing to unlock. I successfully unlocked this phone to use a T-mobile SIM card. I then removed the T-mobile SIM and put the at&t goPhone SIM back in and it began periodically telling me that the SIM is not compatible with this device and giving me SOS only.*yes, through resets... When I put the goPhone SIM into a non-unlocked at&t Veer, it worked just fine and has been working since then.

That's my experience, I am not going to unlock my phone until I get a postpaid contract or travel again because I fear that this may happen to my other Veer.
    I'll forward this issue to DigitalUnlock.
    Happened before to JIC unlockers:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...equencies.html

- There have been issues reported of users experiencing problems using original SIM cards on the network the device was previously locked to. Few and unconfirmed.
    hope digitalunlock kindly give another $20 voucher for precentral.net member. I just about to deal buy Veer.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    hope digitalunlock kindly give another $20 voucher for precentral.net member. I just about to deal buy Veer.
    The pre-release 50% discount ended with the site going live.
    See OP for a $5 discount coupon code.
    Has anyone succesfully unlocked their Veer yet? Do you need an AT&T sim card in order to create your profile? Or can you simply unlock it, and then use your own carier sim card?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast