Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    Yes that is the point. Buy any veer, unlock it and use it on any compatible network. Even AT&T.
    Sorry my question wasn't very clear. What I meant to ask is:

If I don't have an AT&T account and I get an unlocked Veer, will I be able to get a month-to-month plan on AT&T and use the unlocked Veer?
    I'd love an unlock code...

I'm a student developer in the UK, and my app, BluPing is kik-like that works over Bluetooth for anonymous fun, cross platform with iOS and android.

Once the paid app goes up (there will be a free version too!) I will donate 38 to Rod and co. This would be a great way to get me started!

Hope you consider my offer!

Mark
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Well bummer. i did it but it didn't work. I had to send an email to support. it never asked me for my network unlock code. when is it supposed to ask me for this, directly after reboot? cause it didn't. Do i need to have a regular att sim in it now for it to work?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    @kb7sqi - I'm interested in doing the same thing. Do you get 3G service (or HDSPA) on T-Mobile (USA)?
    You only get Edge like the AT&T version of the Pre+/Pixi+. I think the only benefit of a AT&T/T-Mobile merger would be finally an end to the different 3G bands. lol. I love my T-Mobile plan, but I really wish there was a compatible HP/Palm phone.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Sorry my question wasn't very clear. What I meant to ask is:

If I don't have an AT&T account and I get an unlocked Veer, will I be able to get a month-to-month plan on AT&T and use the unlocked Veer?

If you bought a Veer & had it unlocked, you would be able to use it on ANY GSM service as long as the service support the frequencies the Veer supports. Like I posted earlier, I have T-Mobile as my primary GSM provider, but since their 3G network is different, I can only get Edge on my Pre+/Pixi+/Veer. If I throw in one of my AT&T pre-paid/contract sim cards in any one of those phones, it works just fine & works on 3G/4G depending on the phone. I do the same thing all the time w/ my android phones. Hope that helps. Take care.

Steve

Edit...Just to explain that a little further, I picked up a GoPhone pre-paid phone, activated my account w/ my Pre+ & have no problems using the sim in any of my GSM phones WebOS/Android. If you have problems, just call in & explain you need your sim card unlocked. Which is different than having your Phone unlocked.
    Last edited by kb7sqi; 06/02/2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added more info.
    GFN,

Here's why I deserve one of the free Veer unlocks from DigitalUnlock.com.

On Veer release day, I procured, and then quickly shipped the Veer used by Rod Whitby to successfully test Preware, Impostah, Govnah, and other homebrew applications to make sure our patches and homebrew applications safely installed and worked on on these devices. This same Veer also made history by allowing itself to become the first webOS device to be bricked thus saving many of us from staring at heartache in our own wallets later on.

Finally, with no reason to keep it charged up and ready for use, the webOS master found one final way to benefit the webOS community with this Veer. An autopsy was performed. Disassembly instructions and pictures taken deep inside the Veer's tiny gut were made available for all to read and see. This little Veer that could actually did!

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    In addition to my first reason why I should get a free unlock for the HP Veer I also deserve it, because I already tried numerous times to purchase the unlock but unfortunately there seems to be a bug or error on the page, which won't let me get through placing my order. The page simply starts to load once I press the "Place Secure Order" button and nothing happens after that. Since I gave you the heads up for the problem I should get at least a free unlock for my Veer. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I didn't think I deserved one so I just bought one lol. Sucks to use edge only but its pretty decent (T-Mobile) Gonna be my main phone at work tomorrow
  9.    #49  

I'll be giving the 3 remaining codes away when the unlock is live tomorrow.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by martonix View Post
    In addition to my first reason why I should get a free unlock for the HP Veer I also deserve it, because I already tried numerous times to purchase the unlock but unfortunately there seems to be a bug or error on the page, which won't let me get through placing my order. The page simply starts to load once I press the "Place Secure Order" button and nothing happens after that. Since I gave you the heads up for the problem I should get at least a free unlock for my Veer. Thanks!
    You're not supposed to 'press' buttons on your screen with your greasy thumb.
    'Click' them using your mouse.

Contact Support to solve your problem.
  11. vpr
    I'd like an unlock code so that I can make my wife a happy girl... You see, we will be going to her country early next year so that we can visit family and friends, but without an unlock code we won't be able to use a simcard from their telcos (frequencies match). So, that leaves me with International Roaming from AT&T and I'm not prepared to sell a kidney in order to pay for those charges. So with your help, you will be helping me in more ways than one ... if you know what I mean *nudge*

I'd appreciate it very much! Thanks,
    vpr
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Well bummer. i did it but it didn't work. I had to send an email to support. it never asked me for my network unlock code. when is it supposed to ask me for this, directly after reboot? cause it didn't. Do i need to have a regular att sim in it now for it to work?
    Not all gophone SIMs are the same. I got mine with a phone at the store. That was a bad idea because it looks like it is somehow locked to the phone! See New GoPhone SIMs don't work in all phones? - AT&T Community Support
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    GFN,

Here's why I deserve one of the free Veer unlocks from DigitalUnlock.com.

On Veer release day, I procured, and then quickly shipped the Veer used by Rod Whitby to successfully test Preware, Impostah, Govnah, and other homebrew applications to make sure our patches and homebrew applications safely installed and worked on on these devices. This same Veer also made history by allowing itself to become the first webOS device to be bricked thus saving many of us from staring at heartache in our own wallets later on.

Finally, with no reason to keep it charged up and ready for use, the webOS master found one final way to benefit the webOS community with this Veer. An autopsy was performed. Disassembly instructions and pictures taken deep inside the Veer's tiny gut were made available for all to read and see. This little Veer that could actually did!

TTB
    True story. TTB really did get that device to me quickly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    True story. TTB really did get that device to me quickly.

-- Rod
    Stu in the MarketPlace is selling his Veer cheap.

Did you hear from DigUnlock on the fix isue?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Did you hear from DigUnlock on the fix isue?
    No go (as I expected), cause the phone doesn't enumerate as a USB device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16.    #56  

-- Rod
    Bummer
    You're not supposed to 'press' buttons on your screen with your greasy thumb.
    'Click' them using your mouse.

Contact Support to solve your problem.
    Press, click, whatever dude! You click or what?!
    So... does this mean the unlock doesn't work on all Veers?
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowfellow View Post
    So... does this mean the unlock doesn't work on all Veers?
    The discussion between GuyFromNam and myself about my bricked Veer (which is being referred to here) is in no way related to this unlocking thread.

-- Rod
    Stu in the MarketPlace is selling his Veer cheap.
    Veer's are being had for $250 - $300 USD on eBay in the US. I just got one for $254 USD .

Looks like I'll get to paly with TTS before the Pre 3 comes out after all!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast