Gracias!
    what did you do to get 3G working?
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    what did you do to get 3G working?
    You might need this?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...json-file.html
    Hi digitalunlock

I just did the digitalunlock to my new Veer but I ran into this same "unblock code" problem. I got stuck at unblock screen asking for "contact your carrier for unblock code" , even though an AT&T sim from my iphone is inserted. The 8 digit unlock code from digitalunlock doesn't work. I wonder what is the workaround you mentioned. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    Glad we could help!

Unblocking is no longer an issue for us. It's definitely busted in WebOS, but we have a workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by hahaland View Post
    Hi digitalunlock

I just did the digitalunlock to my new Veer but I ran into this same "unblock code" problem. I got stuck at unblock screen asking for "contact your carrier for unblock code" , even though an AT&T sim from my iphone is inserted. The 8 digit unlock code from digitalunlock doesn't work. I wonder what is the workaround you mentioned. Thank you!
    Hi,

Please contact our support email (support@digitalunlock.com) with the subject line "Veer Unblock Help" - we'll be able to sort this out there.
    Hi,

Please contact our support email (support@digitalunlock.com) with the subject line "Veer Unblock Help" - we'll be able to sort this out there.
    Will do. Thank you.
    Guess this would be the best place to ask this question. Would an unlocked Veer be able to work as a hotspot for a HP Touch Pad? And will I have full functionality? I am with rogers and lord knows if they will ever even carry the Veer or Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by judge34411 View Post
    Guess this would be the best place to ask this question. Would an unlocked Veer be able to work as a hotspot for a HP Touch Pad? And will I have full functionality? I am with rogers and lord knows if they will ever even carry the Veer or Pre 3?
    I know on Bell it stopped working for me, used to work on my CDMA Pre Plus. freeTether does work a bit though.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I know on Bell it stopped working for me, used to work on my CDMA Pre Plus. freeTether does work a bit though.

Thanks for the response. Looks like I might have to head down the mifi route
    Hi,

I've the same problem: I send you an e-mail.

Please, help me!
    Sorry i am new to this site. I just purchased a HP veer, used Digitalunlock and got it unlocked. The only problem i am having on t-mobile is the speed. I used netSpeed to run a connection speed test and i am getting download 10.9 Bits/s and upload is 7Bit/s. Anyone else having this problem... Its soooooooooooooo s----l-----o-----w any help???
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsepehri View Post
    Sorry i am new to this site. I just purchased a HP veer, used Digitalunlock and got it unlocked. The only problem i am having on t-mobile is the speed. I used netSpeed to run a connection speed test and i am getting download 10.9 Bits/s and upload is 7Bit/s. Anyone else having this problem... Its soooooooooooooo s----l-----o-----w any help???
    Start a new thread. No one will look here.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    What happened to GuyfromNam?? He deleted almost all the post, changed his avatar to "Gone with the wind", very strange!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfish View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having trouble unlocking my Veer. I used Digital Unlock (and didn't install anything else) and I got the phone unlock code and network unlock code from the software. But then there's no place where I can input the code. The phone does not prompt me for anything. I tried with SIM card, without, in recovery mode and without.

Using older MacBook and trying to get into the China Unicom network.

Who can help and tell me where I need to input the code and how to get there?

Thanks!!

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm going to keep reading around for the solution (maybe it's posted but I haven't found it yet), but definitely the instructions on the software could include some guidance if this is a recurring issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtn79 View Post
    What happened to GuyfromNam?? He deleted almost all the post, changed his avatar to "Gone with the wind", very strange!!!
    Yes, it's very strange. His posts about unlocking were contained very useful info.
    so can digital unlock still unlock the veer. can anyone clarify what they mean by webos is busted but there is a work around? and what does the work around entail. thinking about unlocking my veer for use on t-mobile.

can anyone chime in if the have a veer on t-mobile. any problems?

thanks
    unlocked my veer with digital unlock yesterdya. no problems.

I found that I had to reboot the phone with the new sim card in before it would give me the unlock option.

I've noticed with this phone there are times that you have just reboot to get apps you have installed or little quirks. a reboot just sorts it !?

back on topic, used DU yesterday to unlock my veer to work with australian provider Telstra. Worked a treat.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am wondering the same...the Veer is still unlockable!?
    got my pre plus unlock code from att today, i asked them if my veer qualified to be unlocked....she ran my imei number and told me no. didnt know if it was still exclusive to att or what but i didnt care too much as i got my pre plus unlock code.

i may try again next year for the veer unlock code.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    can anyone clarify what they mean by webos is busted but there is a work around?
    That was referring to un*B*locking, not unlocking. Two very different things.

As far as I know, their service is available and works as well as it always has worked.

But really, you should ask them these questions yourself - they have a very responsive support email address.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals