1.    #1  
    I recently got a Veer and am wondering if the speaker if functioning correctly. Sounds played through the speaker are of a pretty low quality at times, the quality is worse at times it appears. I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue that means I should return the phone for a replacement. If you could let me know about the quality of the sound from your Veer's speaker, that would be great!
    Unfortunately, I think this is norm. Mine seems to be the same way.
  3.    #3  
    That is really unfortunate. It's my only real complaint with the phone. Think it could be software given the intermittent nature?
    Quote Originally Posted by croxall View Post
    I recently got a Veer and am wondering if the speaker if functioning correctly. Sounds played through the speaker are of a pretty low quality at times, the quality is worse at times it appears. I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue that means I should return the phone for a replacement. If you could let me know about the quality of the sound from your Veer's speaker, that would be great!
    I heard poor sound also has to do with somehow voice dial. Try sound after a fresh reboot without first use of voice dial, maybe it will get better. Give it a shot.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5.    #5  
    just tried it, I read it in the bug listing post, too. It did greatly improve the quality, much less popping and crackling. The speaker isn't perfect, but definitely useable/acceptable. Now if only the sms sending delay would go away with the fresh reboot.....
  6.    #6  
    I spoke too soon. The sms delay I was experiencing seems to have gone away with the reboot (opt+sym+r). Things are looking up
    Quote Originally Posted by croxall View Post
    just tried it, I read it in the bug listing post, too. It did greatly improve the quality, much less popping and crackling. The speaker isn't perfect, but definitely useable/acceptable. Now if only the sms sending delay would go away with the fresh reboot.....
    Guess you can say thanks, just kidding
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Voicedial will absolutely kill your sound quality. It happens absolutely every time. You can fix it without a reboot by plugging and unplugging headphones. Or if you're already using headphones, you can unplug and then plug them back in.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Voicedial will absolutely kill your sound quality. It happens absolutely every time. You can fix it without a reboot by plugging and unplugging headphones. Or if you're already using headphones, you can unplug and then plug them back in.
    Voicedial may be one trigger, however I have not used it even once and I still have very wonky sound issues. Sometimes it is so quiet it's hard to hear and other times it is so loud it vibrates. All the time the volume is at the same level. I also have never used the headphone adapter. Bluetooth only.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Voicedial may be one trigger, however I have not used it even once and I still have very wonky sound issues. Sometimes it is so quiet it's hard to hear and other times it is so loud it vibrates. All the time the volume is at the same level. I also have never used the headphone adapter. Bluetooth only.
    just pull the battery and that will fix it. oh, wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    just pull the battery and that will fix it. oh, wait...
    LOL.. my first thoughts on the black screen issue as well. They need to have a fail safe of sorts.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I would pay for a patch that disables Voice Dial. I have no use for it whatsoever. (Yes I am aware of this, but I'm talking about an actual patch).

Also, weird thing... when I move the Voice Dial icon to one of the back launcher pages, it eventually moves itself back to the front. I'm guessing that's not an intended "feature" because that would be ridiculous.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Hi guys! I got some problems with my Veer front speaker who is set off, the only way to listen calls is to plug the headphones. It looks like he thinks headphones are always pluged. Same problems with music...