1.    #1  
    ... 20 bucks!!! That's almost half as much I paid for the phone itself! Not like MonoPrice will ever carry these!

HP Veer Magnetic USB Cable, 5 ft. | HP« Official Store

Luckily I have a Touchstone installed in my car, if I had to buy the cable only to use my car charger, I would totally flip.

On the other hand, the magnetic 3.5mm adapter seems not bad, at 10 bucks.

HP Veer 3.5 mm Audio Adapter | HP« Official Store
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Subsidize it. Don't buy the USB adapter yourself and let your friends and relatives buy one instead.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    That is absolutely insane. But then, cables have always been overpriced from most sources, especially from hardware manufacturers.
    Yeah, it's cheaper to buy a TS on Amazon (which often come with the cable and power adapter in my experience).

I really only need the magnetic cable for usb work.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    It'd be cheaper to by the TS and charger from Verizon right now since they're clearing stock.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    It'd be cheaper to by the TS and charger from Verizon right now since they're clearing stock.
    Yes but the cable isn't just for charging...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    ... 20 bucks!!! That's almost half as much I paid for the phone itself! Not like MonoPrice will ever carry these!

ummmmmm...what you "paid" is not what its VALUE is. The phone is subsidized. You 'pay' for it over the two year contract.

If I give you a discount on a brand new Mercedes and sell it to you for $1000......are you going to complain that "tires cost as much as the car"?
    Yes but the cable isn't just for charging...
    Correct, but for my needs its mostly charging. Once I have Preware and music I don't really connect it to the computer. It's nice to keep in my travel bag and trunk so I won't have to worry about being somewhere without a charger.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    ummmmmm...what you "paid" is not what its VALUE is. The phone is subsidized. You 'pay' for it over the two year contract.

If I give you a discount on a brand new Mercedes and sell it to you for $1000......are you going to complain that "tires cost as much as the car"?
    Mine's $49.99 unsubsidized.

Mine's $49.99 unsubsidized.
    I'm thinking most people around here are gonna have a hard time feeling sorry for you about that one!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    over-priced, just like every other charger ever.