Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Thoughts on how without ruining back?
    its just a metal sticker
    I'm pretty sure you can melt it off with a soldering iron..

..or you can just live with it! HP logo is nice.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Not a sticker. HP is nice ............if your initials are HP.
    Harry Potter!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Black Sharpie...make sure you stay in the lines.
    cover it up with one of those apple stickers
    if its the same metal as the 'palm' writing on the touchstone back cover than it is a removable metal sticker
    The HP logo on the Veer is screen printed, not a metal sticker like has been on all other webOS devices released to this point.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    not a sticker and not metal letters. silkscreened on the rubberized plastic in silver paint. thoughts?
    Naw at it! It will eventually come off :P

One way you could "get rid of it" is get a case. Maybe a nice black soft touch silicon one.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    acid, alcohol, nail polish remover, everclear, gasoline

1 or all combined may do the job.
    You could texturize the back, removing the logo in the process. People do this with the grips on polymer-framed guns all the time. You could try to stipple or checker all or part of the back of the phone, or you might try for a more unique finish, like brushed. When I used to work in a plastic injection-molding factory, we would change glossy plastic to matte simply by hitting it briefly with a fine sand blaster. If you have access to one of those, might give that a try too. The ink layer should be thin enough that it should not take very much to remove it, but of course I would remove the cover from the phone first.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    You could texturize the back, removing the logo in the process. People do this with the grips on polymer-framed guns all the time. You could try to stipple or checker all or part of the back of the phone, or you might try for a more unique finish, like brushed. When I used to work in a plastic injection-molding factory, we would change glossy plastic to matte simply by hitting it briefly with a fine sand blaster. If you have access to one of those, might give that a try too. The ink layer should be thin enough that it should not take very much to remove it, but of course I would remove the cover from the phone first.
    I've been painting my LCD TVs with a matte black finish. I tried a fine sandpaper before, but prefer the look of the fresh layer. I just make sure to mask off the IR port and then sand that part instead of painting over it.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    One word solution...

Bejeweled:

Back in the days when people wanted to remove the Sprint branding on their dumbphones, toothpaste was advocated. Never tried it myself, but it was a popular suggestion.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    acid, alcohol, nail polish remover, everclear, gasoline

1 or all combined may do the job.

And then strike a match.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Liquid paper. (on the white veer)
    Vodka.
    Not for the Veer, to psych yourself up.
    Just vajazzle it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast