Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. aapold's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    #21  
    Does the trick for changing the boot logo (back to Palm or something else) work on the veer?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    Does the trick for changing the boot logo (back to Palm or something else) work on the veer?
    It should work with any device running 2.x.

    When 3.x gets released we'll have to find new tricks.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  3. #23  
    Rub a sweaty finger over it over and over again.
  4. #24  
    I hate HP so thats the first thing i am gonna do.
  5. excimer's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
       #25  
    "I hate HP so thats the first thing i am gonna do."

    Right. How???
  6. #26  
    Get a case.

    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 06/01/2011 at 02:46 PM.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    I hate HP so thats the first thing i am gonna do.
    you sure that you aren't to.... secure? Sorry just gota say it
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  8. excimer's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
       #28  
    For those of you who do not own this phone as I do, one of the most appealing and satisfying aspects it is its size. Suggestions like "get a case" and the like really do not address the original question which is NOT how to cover or obscure the HP but how to REMOVE the painted or screened silver HP from the back of the phone.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    For those of you who do not own this phone as I do, one of the most appealing and satisfying aspects it is its size. Suggestions like "get a case" and the like really do not address the original question which is NOT how to cover or obscure the HP but how to REMOVE the painted or screened silver HP from the back of the phone.
    Get a skin: Skinomi TechSkin - HP Veer Carbon Fiber Skin Protector
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    For those of you who do not own this phone as I do, one of the most appealing and satisfying aspects it is its size. Suggestions like "get a case" and the like really do not address the original question which is NOT how to cover or obscure the HP but how to REMOVE the painted or screened silver HP from the back of the phone.
    Forgive me. I just couldn't resist. I'm frankly not sure why anyone would want to deface a product like this. Removing the logo may actually void the warranty.
  11. excimer's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
       #31  
    Please do not misunderstand. All suggestions are appreciated but the goal is not to add bulk (skins included). I have had a large experience with Blackberry modifications (ColorWare, removal of logos, back changes). I am just asking if anyone who has a Veer or a similar materialed phone has used something that did not ruin rubberized plastic but allowed for removal of the silver paint? I have used baking soda and water, Zud, GooGone, and automotive Gunk in the past on hardened plastic. Never used acetone (nail polish remover) as it will destroy most plastics. All suggestions are welcome though additive (case and skins) are not addressing the question in my mind.
  12. #32  
    How about a black circle sticker?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    Please do not misunderstand. All suggestions are appreciated but the goal is not to add bulk (skins included). I have had a large experience with Blackberry modifications (ColorWare, removal of logos, back changes). I am just asking if anyone who has a Veer or a similar materialed phone has used something that did not ruin rubberized plastic but allowed for removal of the silver paint? I have used baking soda and water, Zud, GooGone, and automotive Gunk in the past on hardened plastic. Never used acetone (nail polish remover) as it will destroy most plastics. All suggestions are welcome though additive (case and skins) are not addressing the question in my mind.
    You aren't gonna find ANYTHING safe to use on what is known to those of us in the VW community as "soft touch" plastic. I don't think this is as bad quality as the stuff VW used, but soft touch plastic is not joke.

    I will be intrigued if anyone finds a way to forcibly get this off. I would say anything you try and do, even if successful now, will have long term effects on the plastic.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14. #34  
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  15. #35  
    You may want to try pure alcohol(ethanol) as it is the best for this types of works. Do not try methanol or it will ruin any plastic and aluminum. You may also try toluene but you should be very carefull with that.
  16. #36  
    well webos-internalz has a bricked veer...you could ask them to try it

    and im sure a bounty to get said products would go a long way as well
  17. #37  
    turpentine?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions