Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    ps: there are also two sim entries in the profiles app... I will try Impostah
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Actually, I am running into the constant reboot problem again. After I doctored, I bypassed the log in, logged into wifi, installed the all.patch from
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2800116
    and run "Gesture Tutorials" to set up my profile. I get to the point where the screen is saying "Press done and the devise will reboot and restore'. When I press this, this wheel spins forever (maybe 10min) until I get annoyed and force a restart... zack I am in the endless reboot loop again...
    For what it's worth, when I first got my Veer, something got screwed in the activities process, and I initially had no data plan. But I was still able to activate normally, and in fact, I didn't even realize that I didn't have data for several days. AT&T still allowed data to go through on the phone, but there was an overage charge for any data used. (AT&T did fix this all for me after I called about it, so no problem there).

So you might not need to do all the stuff you're trying to do to have the Veer without a data plan. It might activate just fine and not be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    Actually, I am running into the constant reboot problem again. After I doctored, I bypassed the log in, logged into wifi, installed the all.patch from
    [url]
    and run "Gesture Tutorials" to set up my profile. I get to the point where the screen is saying "Press done and the devise will reboot and restore'. When I press this, this wheel spins forever (maybe 10min) until I get annoyed and force a restart... zack I am in the endless reboot loop again...
    You should #*DEVMODE# and then use Impostah to log into your Palm Profile. No patches required.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I used Impostah to delete the 'Dr Skipped...' account and also logged into my account using the 'Activation' in Impostah. But I don't know how to set up my palm profile as an account and sync my data... any idea?

@jbg7474: That was the case when I first activated the phone, which worked through at&t even though I don't have a data plan. For some reason that stopped working though and it also took a lot of money from my gophone account.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    okay, everything is working again (and the multiday agenda patch is working too). Thanks for all the help. Here is what I finally did to solve the constant restarting problem (just in case someone runs into this)
    1) doctor
    2) bypass activation using #*DEVMODE#
    3) set up wifi
    4) install Impostah to delete the 'Dr Skipped...' and login palm account
    5) use this patch [Patch] Enable Profile Creation on Activation Bypassed Device (1.4.5) and instruction to go through the first start stuff and set up palm profile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12