Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard anything on the sales numbers over the first week and a half?

    Wondering if the number is higher than HP expected after reading that people are waiting for online orders for 3-4 weeks!
  2. #2  
    I know it seems hard to believe, but an amazing thing happens when you simply produce a good product--it almost sells itself.

    But as to the question, I havent heard any sales numbers, not that I have an inside line or anything.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/27/2011 at 11:59 PM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3. #3  
    I doubt you will unless it outsells the iPhone by itself. HP is actually not in the habit of announcing the sales numbers of individual products (though there are extreme exceptions). The best you can hope for are some numbers of how the Palm division is doing as a whole.
  4. #4  
    Considering I've read Best Buy had 60 Veers total for the entire nationwide launch, and most AT&T stores only had one display unit, still in the box in the back of the store, I'm guessing sales haven't been very good.

    HP's just starting to ramp up the marketing campaign so I don't think there will be any real numbers to look at prior to the end of June. Certainly not before decent supplies of the devices are available. Looks like the Veer is out of stock at 1 of the 6 local Best Buys here. I'm questioning if they got many in yet.
  5. #5  
    There's been rumors that they won't push it until they release the TouchPad.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There's been rumors that they won't push it until they release the TouchPad.
    Makes good business sense as they do go hand in hand very well.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  7. brdl04's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    #7  
    Just got back from Bestbuy in Detroit. They had a advertising sign up for the Veer. It showed the veer and said "Veer. Here." But they didnt have the phone! Nobody knew about it, and they guy said he checked inventory, and no Bestbuy in the 80 mile radius had one. Garbage I say!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Just got back from Bestbuy in Detroit. They had a advertising sign up for the Veer. It showed the veer and said "Veer. Here." But they didnt have the phone! Nobody knew about it, and they guy said he checked inventory, and no Bestbuy in the 80 mile radius had one. Garbage I say!
    Is it any wonder they are using Wal-Mart to launch the TouchPad. Sounds like a Best Buy fail.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Is it any wonder they are using Wal-Mart to launch the TouchPad. Sounds like a Best Buy fail.
    No Walmart here where I live.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No Walmart here where I live.
    You'll have to take that up with you city council. There are six in the town I live in.
  11. #11  
    The ATT Veer has launched but it was a soft launch with limited stock. Hard launch supposed to start in mid June so wouldnt bother looking at #s till July.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  12. libray's Avatar
    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Considering I've read Best Buy had 60 Veers total for the entire nationwide launch, and most AT&T stores only had one display unit, still in the box in the back of the store, I'm guessing sales haven't been very good.

    HP's just starting to ramp up the marketing campaign so I don't think there will be any real numbers to look at prior to the end of June. Certainly not before decent supplies of the devices are available. Looks like the Veer is out of stock at 1 of the 6 local Best Buys here. I'm questioning if they got many in yet.

    So will the spin doctors at HP say the launch was highly successful with almost 100% sold?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  13. #13  
    The other possibility is supply constraints - Hon Hai Precision / Foxconn is having problems in China and the Tsunami in Japan has affected many parts manufacturers. All it takes is for one part to be unavailable and they can't be made.
  14. #14  
    They are spending 10 million on advertisement, do you think in a year pre-3, TP, Veer and a new slab would make up that money?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    They are spending 10 million on advertisement, do you think in a year pre-3, TP, Veer and a new slab would make up that money?
    HP does, so I guess I do too.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    They are spending 10 million on advertisement, do you think in a year pre-3, TP, Veer and a new slab would make up that money?
    I don't know the answer to your question, but it isn't only about those 3-4 devices. It is about webOS & the HP ecosystem. What will it do for their computers that will have webOS? What will it do for the printers that will have webOS? What will it do for the appliances that have or answer to apps w/webOS?

    I believe the above is the gamble HP is taking. $10M to a $130B in annual revenue company isn't much of a risk. The POTENTIAl upside is great for the small financial risk. The bet on webOS & making the committment to it is the huge gamble. I hope they succeed!
  17. #17  
    Well... whatever number you guys came up with, add 1... Just picked mine up from AT&T corporate store... Digging it so far!
  18. #18  
    Just wanna let you guys know that I went into my local best buy South Hills Village Mall in Pittsburgh and They had the veer in its own actual little display, the phone was there on display too and playing the demo software. It had its own little stand in a sea of droids which i thought was kinda cool. Then i bought mine in white. Had an awesome experience with them. did the buy back program, even got a free lady gaga cd.
  19. #19  
    So it is out there now, i seen it displayed in 2 sections of the local att store.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No Walmart here where I live.
    Maybe not in the city, but there are some not to far away (should be able to take BART).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions