Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    So will the spin doctors at HP say the launch was highly successful with almost 100% sold?
    All of the BB's close to me list in stock as of close of business yesterday for both white and black.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I know it seems hard to believe, but an amazing thing happens when you simply produce a good product--it almost sells itself.
    too bad your statement didn't apply to webOS. Great OS with no marketing behind it and now its on life support.

Good or bad, products don't sell without good marketing behind it bud

I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of Veers sold so far, comes to right around 60. And if it is anywhere close to 60, HP will consider that a success. They never expected to sell that many units to begin with.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    too bad your statement didn't apply to webOS. Great OS with no marketing behind it and now its on life support.

Good or bad, products don't sell without good marketing behind it bud

I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of Veers sold so far, comes to right around 60. And if it is anywhere close to 60, HP will consider that a success. They never expected to sell that many units to begin with.
    I have a few issues with your comments and I've heard it multiple times from many different people.

1st. The Pre had a very successful launch on both Sprint and Verizon. (don't know about At&t).

2nd. WebOS is my favorite mobile OS by far but it is NOT perfect. And it was even less so upon launch.

3rd. Poor hardware, high support requests, un-optimized software, and bad word of mouth hurt WebOS and killed all its momentum.

Marketing didn't help matters but it was not the reason for WebOS's failure.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    The Pre had a very successful launch on both Sprint and Verizon.
    How are you quantifying this? "very successful" is very subjective. "very successful" compared to what?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Sprint: Fastest selling launch device in history. Now outsold by Evo.

Verizon: Pie chart of a comparison of smartphone operating systems on Verizon (whereabouts now unknown) showed a huge percentage of subscribers as webOS upon its initial launch. Went somewhere from 0% to around 20% of Verizon's customers were using webOS. However that number was short lived and dwindled fast.

Interesting that the magnetic cable for the Veer is listed as out of stock.

Only one piece of evidence, but I am sure the Veer is NOT selling more slowly than HP expected.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Sprint: Fastest selling launch device in history. Now outsold by Evo.

Verizon: Pie chart of a comparison of smartphone operating systems on Verizon (whereabouts now unknown) showed a huge percentage of subscribers as webOS upon its initial launch. Went somewhere from 0% to around 20% of Verizon's customers were using webOS. However that number was short lived and dwindled fast.

If what you have said above is really true then I believe you. The operative words in this argument are "upon launch". Because we all know what happened shortly after launch.

Come to think of it I was also one of those suckers who went out and bought the original Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    If what you have said above is really true then I believe you. The operative words in this argument are "upon launch". Because we all know what happened shortly after launch.

Come to think of it I was also one of those suckers who went out and bought the original Pre.
    I can say the Sprint side that was stated is true. There was A LOT of talk about that when the EVO came out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    Interesting that the magnetic cable for the Veer is listed as out of stock.

Only one piece of evidence, but I am sure the Veer is NOT selling more slowly than HP expected.
    Good point and the headphone adapter was sold out until a couple days ago.
    I was pleased to see the Veer at a bestbuy near me with its own special end display. one of the sales ladys walked by as i was looking at it and referenced it as the "baby". lol. sorry for funky quality, i think my lens had pocket dust on it.

I know manufacturers are not giving sales info (OK, they do if sales are mindblowing), but is there any way to get some vague figures?
    I don't think sales number will be exposed to public unless a million Veer sold.
    I asked 3 best buys and 2 ATT stores. 0 have sold so far.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think more were given away -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    the white veer is at #38 on the Amazon.com cellphone bestsellers list...

and the black veer is #99

Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Cell Phones With Service Plans
    Black Veer is now at 97! The wave is starting to roll!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I know manufacturers are not giving sales info (OK, they do if sales are mindblowing), but is there any way to get some vague figures?
    Take the number of members here at Precentral and divide it by two.....that should give you a rough idea
    No offense to the OP.

Mod's shouldn't this thread be merged with the very recent thread asking the same question?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    No offense to the OP.

Mod's shouldn't this thread be merged with the very recent thread asking the same question?
    I'm mobile right now.

Please don't take this with a tone, but;
    Calling out to a mod in a thread only works if the mod just happens to be reading the thread.
    Let me suggest ones to use the Report Button.
    It's the Triangle with the ! in the middle. There are quite a few members who do this, and it helps a lot.

Thanks,
    and if another mod doesn't do the merge before I get back to my computer, I'll do it.
    <<threads merged>>

As Berd mentioned... if you see a post that needs a moderator, please use the Report Button to let us know. Thank you
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast