1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/12/2011 at 04:44 AM.
    It's also locked to ATT so another wrench to Euro plans. On the good side the phone can do 3G over there so once the buyer pays extra to unlock it so they're not stuck on edge over there at least
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    is an unlock readily available???

Thats probably the main stumbling block! That and the phone NOT being activated. Because with previous versions, you cant activate without a working SIM, which if its locked will put a stop to the whole process
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There are some great deals, BUT... check and doublecheck if the device has been activated.

The average AT&T client selling his Veer won't know anything about activation, and will sell the device as BRAND NEW, NEVER USED, BNIB (with the typical US ALLCAPS and exclamation marks).

So if you live in Europe and have no use for the US AppCat, make sure the seller hasn't just "only turned it on to verify it works".
    Thanks
    so a brand new, never opened box veer will work in Europe?
    weird.
    what happened to 900 MHz/ 1800 Mhz/ 1900 MHz / 850 MHz =)
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    weird.
    what happened to 900 MHz/ 1800 Mhz/ 1900 MHz / 850 MHz =)
    That's GSM.

Veer is 850/900/1800/1900 GSM, 850/1900/2100 UMTS.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's a world phone (well except in the outback)
    To be honest, if I was in the outback, I'd want an 850MHz rather than 900MHz UMTS handset. Our 850MHz carrier has much greater landmass coverage than either of the 900MHz networks.

This list should be fairly indicative of what frequencies are in use, although for obvious reasons I wouldn't treat it was 100% accurate.
    Hi,

I would like to buy a veer from ebay to be used in Switzerland. Now we can unlock it using "digitalunlock", but should we activate the mobile phone before use digitalunlock or can we activate it (with a Swiss simcard...) after it has been unlock ?

Thank