Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    If HP has enough Veers in stock to hand them out like candy, where's the one I ordered on May 16???

"Greetings from AmazonWireless,

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay in shipping item(s) in the order you placed on May 16 2011 (Order# 002-9629841-1306628).

1 of "HP Veer 4G webOS Phone, Black (AT&T)"
    1 of "AmazonWireless Getting Started Generic Guide"
    1 of "AT&T Single SIM Card 3G/LTE SIM"

new Delivery Estimate: Jun 2, 2011 - Jun 9, 2011

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay."
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Is that the one Amazon was selling for less than $60 no contract required? They are handling the next step with their lawyers' advice I suspect I'm sure you'll hear from them.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    lol, no
    this is just a regular order with AT&T contract
    They have sold out, clearly underestimated the demand and they didn't order as many as they should. I got into that 50 buck contract free deal earlier but then they emailed me the order was canceled due to site errors. Ordering a new one gave an ETA mid June. Meh.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Ahh, so those $50 ones were canceled due to "site errors". It used to be a time when brick and mortar would have honor such prices else consumers could lay false advertisement on them. But with online purchases, we don't have the same guarantees.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    HP should have agreed to subsidize that deal, even if a likely error. $50 no contract, like those free Veers, gets people's attention.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Perhaps HP was surprised by the unprecedented demand for the Veer

Somehow I get the feeling that HP doesn't do smartphone launches, or launches of any kind, as events. They don't give branded T-shirts to retail employees nor do they expect people to line up outside stores on release day. Nor do they seem to feel the need to coordinate the release among retailers like AT&T, Best Buy, and Amazon, either. I think they expect that most people buy their products when they see that they are available at wherever they happen to shop.
    This is a basic, even if they don't do anything else. I don't understand why retailers are so clueless about the Veer, at all. Seems there was no info from HP whatsoever.

However, they felt the need to use Lady Gaga or lookalikes and give out free Veers, so someone in HP Mobile is finally getting that you may have to actively advertise and sell your product to compete. Mobile isn't like laptops. But they do a much better job of actively selling those than the first week of the Veer "launch".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Ahh, so those $50 ones were canceled due to "site errors". It used to be a time when brick and mortar would have honor such prices else consumers could lay false advertisement on them. But with online purchases, we don't have the same guarantees.
    But that was before lawyers infiltrated everything and put fine print on every price.

There also used to be a day when you haggled and NEVER paid the sticker price. But alas....

How long ago was this time, years ago BB had an error like this in their ad. All ads (in recent time) comes with a disclaimer at the bottom that says something to the effect that they are not liable for printing errors or don't have to honor printing errors.

This isn't the one I was thinking of, but one of many examples is you google.
    http://consumerist.com/2007/09/best-...-their-ad.html
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    But that was before lawyers infiltrated everything and put fine print on every price.

There also used to be a day when you haggled and NEVER paid the sticker price. But alas....
    Used to be???

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    How long ago was this time, years ago BB had an error like this in their ad. All ads (in recent time) comes with a disclaimer at the bottom that says something to the effect that they are not liable for printing errors or don't have to honor printing errors.

This isn't the one I was thinking of, but one of many examples is you google.
    http://consumerist.com/2007/09/best-...-their-ad.html
    Well even if the store wouldn't honor the misprint, often times other local competitors that hadn't heard about the error yet still would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well even if the store wouldn't honor the misprint, often times other local competitors that hadn't heard about the error yet still would.
    In most cases though they are clearly misprints like 17.98 vs. 1798.00 or the $60 off contract brand new smartphone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    This is a basic, even if they don't do anything else. I don't understand why retailers are so clueless about the Veer, at all. Seems there was no info from HP whatsoever.
    Just saying, in other threads there have been multiple BB employees saying they received training as well as free Veers from HP. As I said in one of the threads about BB and an employee who had no knowledge of WebOS, sales people that are non-commission don't always (usually don't at all) make better sales people. In general I find they have less knowledge because they gain nothing from having that extra knowledge, now of course commission sales people can and do lie to you, but they usually have some knowledge of product to be able to sell (and not have the product returned) to earn their commission.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Luckily they didnt cancel mine but they quickly took the post down. Shows that it will be here Tuesday so they had some on hand as of Sunday. Not sure why the black aren't moving.
    Just saying, in other threads there have been multiple BB employees saying they received training as well as free Veers from HP. As I said in one of the threads about BB and an employee who had no knowledge of WebOS, sales people that are non-commission don't always (usually don't at all) make better sales people. In general I find they have less knowledge because they gain nothing from having that extra knowledge, now of course commission sales people can and do lie to you, but they usually have some knowledge of product to be able to sell (and not have the product returned) to earn their commission.
    Then BB is doing a better job than AT&T retailers apparently. I cringe in that one thread about rating your AT&T store. But I'd think the carrier would be better prepared, if anything.

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Have you been to an Apple Store? Some very knowledgable employees, IMO. They do NOT work on commission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Have you been to an Apple Store? Some very knowledgable employees, IMO. They do NOT work on commission.
    Well, Apple has a machine in the back that removes the brains of the employees and replaces it with an Mac Mini.
    How much do you need to know about when you only sell one brand.

Apple has one mobile OS and to my knowledge one OS for computers. A lot less to learn and remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Pardon the pun... you are comparing apples to oranges. We all understand, apple isn't a big box retailer right? I know multiple people who work for apple, their base pay is better than the base + commission the average commission sales person makes. The big part I think you are missing though, when you walk into an apple store, they know you are looking at apple products no need to learn other products to answer questions about.

The big thing in your specific reference is that apple does extensive training of all their people. BB and other retailers don't do this because they are not product specific.

There is a whole corporate structure thing here you are missing that applies to Apple vs. everyone else. Guessing you didnt know that current apple employees will go to group interview for new positions competing against non-apple employees... they do things differently as a business.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Then BB is doing a better job than AT&T retailers apparently. I cringe in that one thread about rating your AT&T store. But I'd think the carrier would be better prepared, if anything.
    Not BB though, from the folks that reported it, HP reps did the training and the free Veers. I am kinda wondering, if BB got a better agreement than ATT, the phone is 50 cheaper from HP and 100 cheaper from BB all on ATT 2 year contract.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    How much do you need to know about when you only sell one brand.

Apple has one mobile OS and to my knowledge one OS for computers. A lot less to learn and remember.
    Look, it is no big deal to me, but the assertion was made that the good sales people were those that worked on commission. I guess because they have more of a vested interest. I gave an example of how the statement is not always true.

We can hate Apple all we want, but they lead the marketplace in a lot of areas. Burying our heads in the sand does no good. The people at the Apple stores I have gone to are PASSIONATE about their products & their jobs. That is something HP needs to develop/foster for webOS to be successful.

I wish the people at my company (myself included) were so passionate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast