Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Pardon the pun... you are comparing apples to oranges. We all understand, apple isn't a big box retailer right? I know multiple people who work for apple, their base pay is better than the base + commission the average commission sales person makes. The big part I think you are missing though, when you walk into an apple store, they know you are looking at apple products no need to learn other products to answer questions about.

The big thing in your specific reference is that apple does extensive training of all their people. BB and other retailers don't do this because they are not product specific.

There is a whole corporate structure thing here you are missing that applies to Apple vs. everyone else. Guessing you didnt know that current apple employees will go to group interview for new positions competing against non-apple employees... they do things differently as a business.
    I was referring to your comment that basically stated if a sales person wasn't working on commission, they didn't do a very good job. I agree Apple does things differently. They are pretty successful at what they do. Maybe someday, the competition will stand up & take notice.

We can make excuses for Best Buy, phone carrier, WalMart, etc. employees if we want, but if they aren't getting the job done, maybe HP should do something different. The fact is HP has been successful w/other products so they are apparently happy w/their distribution channels & the level of training/education the sales force has.

I, & I suspect most of us here are not happy w/what we have seen vis a vis some of the sales people. I think HP has to create a buzz about webOS products & they need consumers to show up asking questions & all jazzed up about their outstanding products. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

Apple sells more than 1 product, more than 1 operating system and they know more about the accessories (even if they are sill made by Apple) like their Time Capsule than sales people I see at other stores.

I am not a ******, but other companies can learn a lot from Apple. They are successful for a lot of reasons & actually do a few things right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I was referring to your comment that basically stated if a sales person wasn't working on commission, they didn't do a very good job. I agree Apple does things differently. They are pretty successful at what they do. Maybe someday, the competition will stand up & take notice.

We can make excuses for Best Buy, phone carrier, WalMart, etc. employees if we want, but if they aren't getting the job done, maybe HP should do something different. The fact is HP has been successful w/other products so they are apparently happy w/their distribution channels & the level of training/education the sales force has.

I, & I suspect most of us here are not happy w/what we have seen vis a vis some of the sales people. I think HP has to create a buzz about webOS products & they need consumers to show up asking questions & all jazzed up about their outstanding products. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

Apple sells more than 1 product, more than 1 operating system and they know more about the accessories (even if they are sill made by Apple) like their Time Capsule than sales people I see at other stores.

I am not a ******, but other companies can learn a lot from Apple. They are successful for a lot of reasons & actually do a few things right.
    See you missed my point completely I wasn't defending HP of BB or anyone else, I have just learned that non commissioned sales people SUCK (in general not speaking just in the apple/competitors market).

To give you background so you can stop going back to this **** hopefully... I have good friends that work in commissioned sales, I also have good friends that work for apple. I was not pointing my statement at apple, but I was pointing my statement at BB, and other retailers. BB used to advertise that their employees weren't commission based, employees that don't have insentive (commission) to learn their products don't. Once again as I know I have said in this thread, this is not the rule, but the majority...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    just saw a bb ad from the sunday paper....veer free with 2 yr contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    just saw a bb ad from the sunday paper....veer free with 2 yr contract.
    That info has been out for a while, glad they are putting it in an ad. My local BB only had a "demo" unit, not a real phone, the wife and I were intrigued though... so far nothing in the 2 att stores we've gone in....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    We can hate Apple all we want, but they lead the marketplace in a lot of areas. Burying our heads in the sand does no good. The people at the Apple stores I have gone to are PASSIONATE about their products & their jobs. That is something HP needs to develop/foster for webOS to be successful.
    They lead the market in two areas: iPad and iPod. The MP3 player market has surrendured to the smartphone market. And, honestly, there has not been a viable alternative to iPad. Android has a larger smartphone market share and HP sells more computers than Apple. HP owns the printer market (you can even find several HP Printer models at the Apple Store and most of the Air-Print printers listed on Apple's website are HP).

Apple's salespeople are knowledgeable because they are fanatics.
    Let's not turn this into yet another Apple discussion. So, back to the topic. What's up at Amazon with the Veers?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12