Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone who bought the Veer at full price attempted at getting the unlock code from AT&T? Any success?

No, I'm not talking about JCI/Nextgen.

Going to Buffalo this weekend so I might attempt to price match Best Buy with Amazon. Did that with a BT headset before but not sure if Best Buy Mobile will do it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I bought it on black on launch day with some pre paid data, then wanted to go to an actual contract and they gave me this okie doke about being 30 days before i can switch to a post paid account. I then called and asked for an unlock code and the guy was kinda clueless, said sure and he was about to give it to me then he said "sorry sir, since this is att only, we cannot give out these codes at this time because HP has not provided us with them. Please wait a few months and then try again"

Even if you unlock it, its pretty much built for the att carrier, it will only do edge data on tmobile and hspa+ is actually really fast compared to old 3g.

I got so ****ed about att giving me run around i took mine back, then walked into best buy and got it in white for free. even got a free lady gaga cd for the weekend special.

So yeah that was my experience. Since its an att exclusive, you wont get codes from them. Best bet is to maybe buy international and then ask them for a code.. find out if they are giving them out first.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I bought it on black on launch day with some pre paid data, then wanted to go to an actual contract and they gave me this okie doke about being 30 days before i can switch to a post paid account. I then called and asked for an unlock code and the guy was kinda clueless, said sure and he was about to give it to me then he said "sorry sir, since this is att only, we cannot give out these codes at this time because HP has not provided us with them. Please wait a few months and then try again"

Even if you unlock it, its pretty much built for the att carrier, it will only do edge data on tmobile and hspa+ is actually really fast compared to old 3g.

I got so ****ed about att giving me run around i took mine back, then walked into best buy and got it in white for free. even got a free lady gaga cd for the weekend special.

So yeah that was my experience. Since its an att exclusive, you wont get codes from them. Best bet is to maybe buy international and then ask them for a code.. find out if they are giving them out first.
    In case you didn't notice I'm from Canada. Rogers, Bell and Telus uses the same frequencies as AT&T.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Veer has 850/1900/2100 for 4G bands so at least it would do 4G TMobile in the city and out in the burbs and sticks yeah you're stuck with 2G.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    AT&T was happy to unlock it for me but when I gave them the IMEI they said it is currently unlockable and I would have to contact the manufacturer.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Veer has 850/1900/2100 for 4G bands so at least it would do 4G TMobile in the city and out in the burbs and sticks yeah you're stuck with 2G.
    T-Mobile USA is UMTS Band IV. Veer 4G is Bands I, II, V.

Band I 2100 and Band IV AWS is different and incompatible. You'll see the network since the two bands have overlapping downlink frequencies, but won't be able to connect to it.

Any new Info on unlocking the Veer? AT&T or other ?
    I have a similar situation as OP but sort of in reverse. I would like to have an UNLOCKED Veer that I can use on Bell Mobility while in NL Canada for 3 months during the summer.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I too am trying to get AT&T to unlock for travel to Europe this summer. Got a similar story - they don't know the lock codes yet. Anyone know how long this might take?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There's ebay auctions already with unlocking offered at an extra fee of $40.

As for other unlock options; these will be available pretty soon
    In the coming months?

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Christmas!
    LOL
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, it looks like the Veer isn't yet listed on Nextgen's unlock list of devices. As GFN hinted, he has a pretty good connection to Nextgen -- sounds like we can hope for an unlock tool from them soon (usually in the range of $40-$50).
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    JIC is working on bigger stuff.
    Look the other way...

There will be a surprise, and then another.
    (lol)
    too cryptique !
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Look the other way...

(lol)
    Dude? That was almost worse than saying nothing.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Christmas!

Look the other way...

(lol)
    a) Christmas! was a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke...
    b) 'look the "other" way'... does it mean 'other device' or 'other unlock solution'. you've mentioned this before that we should look the other way, but I still don't get it

Thanks for a little bit more flesh on the bone GNM
    Look the other way...

(lol)
    What he means is there's another reputable unlock provider (hard to believe I'm actually using those three words together, cough, cough) besides NextGen/JIC working to bring an unlock solution to market.

p.S. I may be giving the $40 guy on eBay an opportunity to prove himself .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    What he means is there's another reputable unlock provider (hard to believe I'm actually using those three words together, cough, cough) besides NextGen/JIC working to bring an unlock solution to market.

p.S. I may be giving the $40 guy on eBay an opportunity to prove himself .....
    Actually not even. I was actually asking about AT&T themselves. Since some had success getting Pre Plus and Pixi Plus codes from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually not even. I was actually asking about AT&T themselves. Since some had success getting Pre Plus and Pixi Plus codes from them.
    Christmas sounds about right ....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    Any new Info on unlocking the Veer? AT&T or other ?
    I have a similar situation as OP but sort of in reverse. I would like to have an UNLOCKED Veer that I can use on Bell Mobility while in NL Canada for 3 months during the summer.
    Just a word of warning: I travel occasionally to Newfoundland & Labrador and northeastern Quebec and found that my GSM phones (until very recently, a Moto Razor and a Treo 650) did not work in NL (at least western Newfoundland and in Labrador's cities. Also, no GSM service in Quebec northeast of Baie-Cameau.

Yet, I saw people talking on their phones. I was presuming that the coverage was only CDMA or maybe even analog.

I may be wrong, but in any case you should investigate this further if you are planning on relying on your phone.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Just a word of warning: I travel occasionally to Newfoundland & Labrador and northeastern Quebec and found that my GSM phones (until very recently, a Moto Razor and a Treo 650) did not work in NL (at least western Newfoundland and in Labrador's cities. Also, no GSM service in Quebec northeast of Baie-Cameau.

Yet, I saw people talking on their phones. I was presuming that the coverage was only CDMA or maybe even analog.

I may be wrong, but in any case you should investigate this further if you are planning on relying on your phone.
    That's because Rogers doesn't have coverage there. They're the only one that operates a 2G GSM network, which your RAZR and Treo works on:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...0909-_-fastest

Veer will have 850/1900 UMTS, which does works with the new Bell/Telus overlay network:

What is the Bell network coverage in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    ... that I can use on Bell Mobility while in NL Canada for 3 months during the summer.
    ... I travel occasionally to Newfoundland & Labrador ... and found that my GSM phones .... did not work in NL ...
    NL = The Netherlands
    Get your own darn ISO code!
    That would be true if the initial post dealt with travel to Europe and used country codes. In this context, however, NL is the official abbreviation for the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, ISO code CA-NL. But, of course, you knew it.

The name of the carriers is the big hint, by the way: the Dutch should be happy they do not have Bell Mobility!
    Last edited by rdwalker; 06/06/2011 at 01:52 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast