Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's because Rogers doesn't have coverage there. They're the only one that operates a 2G GSM network, which your RAZR and Treo works on:
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...0909-_-fastest

Veer will have 850/1900 UMTS, which does work with the new Bell/Telus overlay network:
    What is the Bell network coverage in Canada?
    This is good info - thanks!

I am thinking about doing a little motorcycle ride up St. Lawrence in Quebec next week, I should be able to check if this is also valid in that area.
    Base on hp website. Veer support UMTS 2100 too. But I wonder there is different network chip on AT&T Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Unlocked my hp veer 4g bought on amazon with digital unlock, im using it overseas, in Mexico to be accurate, 3G network frequencies are supported by my carrier in Mexico, however I cant get 3G DATA, no 3G Logo or whatsoever, just WiFi, I already edited the APN Settings Manually, but it returns with Invalid APN Setting, same APN Setting worked in other phones, any idea? hope somebody can help. Thanks!
    That's because Rogers doesn't have coverage there. They're the only one that operates a 2G GSM network, which your RAZR and Treo works on:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...0909-_-fastest

Veer will have 850/1900 UMTS, which does works with the new Bell/Telus overlay network:

What is the Bell network coverage in Canada?
    Just curious, do you have a veer yet and working with either Bell or Telus?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    My Veer is still sitting in a mailbox in Niagara Falls.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I did a motorcycle trip last weekend to Lac Saint-Jean in Quebec and then a bit up North Coast of St. Lawrence.

The Veer worked in bigger towns enroute, like Chicoutimi and Tadoussac. I did have Telus and Rogers carrier indicators on the way (Telus mostly in Saguenay region). I did not pay attention to the data service indicator, sorry.
    Hi, i just finished talking to AT&T because i would love to have the Veer on TMobile, but they told me the same thing. that the unlock code isn't available and it will NOT be available until AFTER December of this year! sadness

I got the unlock code from them for the Pre easily last year...
    Quote Originally Posted by kathc05 View Post
    Hi, i just finished talking to AT&T because i would love to have the Veer on TMobile, but they told me the same thing. that the unlock code isn't available and it will NOT be available until AFTER December of this year! sadness

I got the unlock code from them for the Pre easily last year...
    You can use Digital Unlock for unlocking the Veer. I used it and it works. It does cost some money, though ($40).
    DigitalUnlock: Unlock your HP Veer
  9.    #29  
    Update: I'm on Bell HSPA with my Veer now. I started getting reception in my basement parking lot.
    ener likes this.
    Update: I'm on Bell HSPA with my Veer now. I started getting reception in my basement parking lot.
    Just out of curiousity, do you see "3G"? or "H+" as the icon? Also, what kind of speed are you getting?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
  11.    #31  
    3G. This morning on the Scarborough RT I was getting 2.76Mbps.
    You have a parking lot in your basement? Cool.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    sledge007 likes this.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    You have a parking lot in your basement? Cool.
    Apartment. My Solstice likes it down there, away from the weather.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Unlocked fine but still cannot access any paid app. Can only access US App store from UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
    You can use Digital Unlock for unlocking the Veer. I used it and it works. It does cost some money, though ($40).
    DigitalUnlock: Unlock your HP Veer
    I know thanks, I ended up using that. At least I was able to get the 5 bucks off. I couldn't wait until December and now i'm super happy with my phone. woohooo
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    So just to double check, if I want to use the DigitalUnlock code, it will work butif I use the Veer in T-Mobile in the US it will only be 2G right?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by VVoltz View Post
    So just to double check, if I want to use the DigitalUnlock code, it will work butif I use the Veer in T-Mobile in the US it will only be 2G right?
    Yes.

Apartment. My Solstice likes it down there, away from the weather.
    So did you use digial unlocker? I'm trying to use get an at&t veer unlocked for use in toronto too. I currently have the CDMA pre with no sim and that is very inconvenient. Do you think I can still access my current palm profile and data with the new unlocked veer?do i need to have a plan with at& t to unlock it are you able to shop for apps? is it via at&t store or the canadian bell store?

any issues with it? I was thinking of switching to Petro Canada's unlimited talk and data for much less and they use roger's network. What do you think?
    thanks for answering my questions, but you're the only person who I"ve seen on these forums who's managed to unlock their veer for use in toronto! thanks!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by ener View Post
    So did you use digial unlocker? I'm trying to use get an at&t veer unlocked for use in toronto too. I currently have the CDMA pre with no sim and that is very inconvenient.
    Yes.

Do you think I can still access my current palm profile and data with the new unlocked veer?do i need to have a plan with at& t to unlock it are you able to shop for apps? is it via at&t store or the canadian bell store?
    I'm using my Bell Pre profile on my Veer that I have been using since I got the phone. It has been through several other phones before I used it with the Veer. I get the Canadian catalog.

any issues with it? I was thinking of switching to Petro Canada's unlimited talk and data for much less and they use roger's network. What do you think?
    thanks for answering my questions, but you're the only person who I"ve seen on these forums who's managed to unlock their veer for use in toronto! thanks!
    The only issue I have right now is Bell specific. The Self Serve app doesn't work, that's because there's no way to set a browser proxy in webOS unless it's provisioned by the carrier. As for Petro Canada I'm not sure if you can use it with them. They don't support Data (no, mobile browsing doesn't count since it only works with locked phones.) You might be able to workaround that my metadoctoring and then activating.

Hey
    Thanks for the response. So you're right petro canada says web browsing and not data, do you think it'll be a lot of work to tinker with it?

Otherwise do you think it'll work on anything else besides bell or Rogers? they're expensive, I was hoping to to mobilicity but I heard nothing really works with them, so what about FIDO? i'm looking for cheaper options, but keeping my palm.

Is there a way to get my palm pre data/profile/address book and export it into a motorola android for now as I wait for the next pre to come out?
    thanks again!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast