1. vpr
    Any news of a white touchstone to match the white HP Veer?
    Not that I've seen, but what a cool idea! This makes even more sense if they also offer an eggshell Pre3.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    A coat of white spray paint wouldn't prevent a touchstone from working, would it?
    No it wouldn't be a problem, but you wouldn't want to paint the top and hide that beautiful logo... and risk it being sticky when it heats up from charging. I suggest you only paint the sides.
    Also avoid any paint with metalic content, as the touchstone works on magnetic inductive charging.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    good idea. Who loves crappy photoshops!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rennat; 05/27/2011 at 04:56 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Hmm, maybe I should finish my wooden Touchstone mod...
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    A coat of white spray paint wouldn't prevent a touchstone from working, would it?
    As said by others not technically, but you would need much more than a coat, and with the texture of the TS, it won't be the most fun thing to paint. This is coming from someone who has done extensive work on cars interior and exterior painting, I have painted and/or wrapped in fabric all kinds of plastics. I have sanded/scuffed, bondoed, primerd, painted, cut, glued, dremeled, etc all kinds of plastic.

It could be done, but even if the paint lays down nicely and everything, you would still have to get a color close enough to the Veer for it not to look off. White is hard as hell to match, I had a friend who had her hood repainted multiple times, by the dealership body shop, and they couldn't quite get the whites to match (most people wouldn't notice it, but car people are a special kind of insane).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Hmm, maybe I should finish my wooden Touchstone mod...
    Please do tell
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    contact colorware if they can do it