Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have "My Yahoo" set as my home page, with all of my relevant feeds on it. Unfortunately, Yahoo also places an ad into one of the columns. Today, up popped an ad for the Veer! I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. As a matter of fact, probably the happiest I had ever been to see a commercial on that page!!!

    What I can't say is, was this a general ad, or was this targeted at me because of search histories and such. Anyone else see this ad on Yahoo, Google, or any other site?
    tim
  2. #2  
    I couldn't get ads to show in the mobile version, except one time(not that I'm complaining lol), but no Veer. Was this the desktop version?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I couldn't get ads to show in the mobile version, except one time(not that I'm complaining lol), but no Veer. Was this the desktop version?
    Yes. Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I teach in a computer lab, so 99% of my day is on a desktop.

    I have been on my home computer all night and haven't seen it again. Either way, I hope that this thing is starting to pick up some steam, as promised.
    tim
  4. WarHorn79's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I have "My Yahoo" set as my home page, with all of my relevant feeds on it. Unfortunately, Yahoo also places an ad into one of the columns. Today, up popped an ad for the Veer! I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. As a matter of fact, probably the happiest I had ever been to see a commercial on that page!!!

    What I can't say is, was this a general ad, or was this targeted at me because of search histories and such. Anyone else see this ad on Yahoo, Google, or any other site?
    I saw an ad in my Yahoo preview menu when I logged into Yahoo Messenger.

    AD:

    " Is it Magic? Almost. Do what you do on a larger smartphone. But carry less."

    Then it goes to the screenshot attached. With link to site I am attaching below.

    I am still waiting on something on TV and definitely a Touchpad commercial to combat the Playbook ads that are popping up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. #5  
    Yahoo is owned by AT&T, right? So they should have more ads. I don't see any in my Yahoo email program. I still have not seen one on the main or mobile page. I'll keep checking.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. WarHorn79's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yahoo is owned by AT&T, right? So they should have more ads. I don't see any in my Yahoo email program. I still have not seen one on the main or mobile page. I'll keep checking.
    No Yahoo is not owned by AT&T, its publicly traded and separate.

Posting Permissions