Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    apparently they did in Charlotte, following HP training. A free veer and a free printer....
    That is awesome. Nothing could be better than a bunch of Best Buy employees saying 'Check out this free phone. They gave it to all of us and we love it!'

Good job HP.
    I'm so jealous.
    Nice!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I knew I should have taken that part time job at Best Buy
    Dang I live here (Charlotte) and I didn't know about it!
    Yea they did give them out to all 3rd party retailers... I got mine now im on here to learn about it
    Just curious what 3rd party retailer are you with? Since you said "all".

And welcome to the forums, lots of knowledgeable folks around here. What is your current cell phone of choice? (before you got the wonderful WebOS of course )
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    it's a good idea. Hp really just needs to get webos in some hands. It's without a doubt the best os but people don't even know it exists. I'm no fan of the veer but when pre3 comes out people will know what it can do now. Hp should give student discounts on the phones and touchpad also. Hp already does this for computers and it's very effective.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by projectmole86 View Post
    Yea they did give them out to all 3rd party retailers... I got mine now im on here to learn about it
    Welcome to PreCentral!

You will be an important cog in a machine that will hopefully make the Veer (and WebOS) successful! You being here learning what you can says a lot about yourself and gives me hope.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Dang I live here (Charlotte) and I didn't know about it!
    1. You don't work for best buy
    2. You're not on AT&T
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by projectmole86 View Post
    Welcome, glad to have you. webOS is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    it's a good idea. Hp really just needs to get webos in some hands. It's without a doubt the best os but people don't even know it exists. I'm no fan of the veer but when pre3 comes out people will know what it can do now. Hp should give student discounts on the phones and touchpad also. Hp already does this for computers and it's very effective.
    I like the discount idea, I am sure they could add military discounts, law enforcement and say firefighters for starters
    schools are the key. My school has a mini apple store on it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    check this thread on 2nd page post by CPCrazy and me http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ur-veer-2.html
    Im gonna call fake.

the only way to get a free phone is to be a best buy mobile employee and sign up for service.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Im gonna call fake.

the only way to get a free phone is to be a best buy mobile employee and sign up for service.
    Nope got it for free no service no contract. Check my post above
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    Nope got it for free no service no contract. Check my post above
    i was talking about the op's link

you got yours at an HP event. which was possible.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    why would it be fake? They gave them away to subway riders in nyc. Hp was like damn these phones aren't going to sell how can we turn this into something somewhat good for us.