Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    well... not "boar", but you get the point.

i don't like putting the veer in my pocket because i don't want lint getting in the speaker/earpiece grill, so i always set it on the table whenever i'm sitting around somewhere. it almost never fails that someone comments on it like...

"*** is that?"
    "wow that's a small phone."
    "hp makes phones now?"
    "that's all there is to it?"

no one ever commented on my pre. they sure in the heck didn't comment when i had the evo because of the "new android phone flavor of the week" idea.

anyone else with a veer get comments on it regularly?
    LOL. You should attach a tank and rails to it and paint it gray-yellow-red ;-)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Are they impressed when you show it to them? It is an attention getter.
    Same with me. I've lost count of the "it's so tiny"s. I've found that people still love the cards idea of webos. That's the most-often commented on feature after size.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  5.    #5  
    yeah... they're just as impressed when shown the multitasking. two of the folks that commented were iphone 4 users who wanted to mess around with it for a bit (couldn't let them do it for too long though with there not being a photo lock option. ). they liked the sleekness and sturdiness of the design.
    boar, bour, bore, or boer?
    Just call me Berd.
    interesting. perhaps the wow factor of the size will be the gimick HP neededto get webOS some attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    yeah... they're just as impressed when shown the multitasking. two of the folks that commented were iphone 4 users who wanted to mess around with it for a bit (couldn't let them do it for too long though with there not being a photo lock option. ). they liked the sleekness and sturdiness of the design.
    Photosafe is pretty good.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    boar, bour, bore, or boer?
    Me thinks what he really wanted to say was 'bore' spelled with a 'wh'...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Photosafe is pretty good.
    Or Internalz and a hidden folder...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Did he mean "attention magnet"?
    Maybe the doubters were wrong and HP is on to something. Personally, I like the Veer. Wish it was on Verizon.
    it's because people see it and think it's such a cute widdle fone...
    and dey wunder if the cute widdle fone willy works...

and dey wanna try it and call someone and tell them,
    'hewo.. i'm talking on a cute widdle fone wit cute widdle buttons!
    And makes me talk like a widdle girl.'

then they walk away saying... nice!! but too cute for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    Maybe the doubters were wrong and HP is on to something. Personally, I like the Veer. Wish it was on Verizon.
    That's impossible! Didn't you get the message? HP is filled with idiots...right? Or, maybe they actually did their homework and found that there might just be a market for this phone. If it was on VZW I would consider it.

I'm waiting to see if the Pre 3 is small enough to be the phone I go with, or do I end up getting a Pre 2 since I like it's size. I have no problems with my Pixi, so a Veer would easily be doable. I like my phones small, but with enough screen size to do common stuff without straining. Wish they would make a Pre 2 using the new hardware design and autofocus camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    it's because people see it and think it's such a cute widdle fone...
    and dey wunder if the cute widdle fone willy works...

and dey wanna try it and call someone and tell them,
    'hewo.. i'm talking on a cute widdle fone wit cute widdle buttons!
    And makes me talk like a widdle girl.'

then they walk away saying... nice!! but too cute for me.

... You obviously don't know women then.. =/ maybe it's just the ones I've been around
    hey, i didnt say there arent women that dont like widdle things...
    and if you know women that like widdle things... then lucky you

Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    ... You obviously don't know women then.. =/ maybe it's just the ones I've been around
    Last edited by donm527; 05/26/2011 at 09:45 PM.
    and honestly... do ANY of us know women?!

Quote Originally Posted by wesleymarin View Post
    Well I certainly had this attention experience today at church. Lots of interest in the phone and two teenagers asked me (at different times) if it was a pixi .

(side note: one of them had gone in and was looking at a pixi in verizon and was encouraged by the sales person not to get it. So she got the Iphone instead. Was told there were too many complaints about it.)
    It's amazing how much this tiny little phone draws. I've never had so many random strangers ask me what my phone is.
    As Veer Peer, it is kind of my duty to flaunt the device a little bit, but it is really easy to get people to notice it. They all seem to really like the idea of a small phone, but they are not very certain about the screen size. It is fun to see some of the reactions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast