1.    #1  
    I flew Delta yesterday, and the Skytech segment was shown to every passenger on the 737 via the overhead monitors hanging above every forth row of seats. It included what amounted to what must have been at least a 7 min infomercial showing and raving about all the great features of the HPalm Veer...demonstrated multitasking and all. I didn't get to hear it, but from the captions, it looked like a very impressive advertisement.
    Well that's one way to market to a *captive* audience. I hope it wasn't played while people were asleep.
    7 freaking minutes?!
    I wish delta had an app for webOS, I even contacted them, they told me no
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    On average, over 400,000 passengers fly Delta every single day (over 160 million/year) according to their website. Not every plane has video capability, but even if only 50,000/day see the segment each day--that's pretty cool/awesome.
    It's nothing amazing. I saw the same cheesy ad for the pre.

I doubt it will have much effect on blackberry and iPhone users.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's nothing amazing. I saw the same cheesy ad for the pre.

I doubt it will have much effect on blackberry and iPhone users.
    You saw it on Delta Airlines? I guess you would rather they do nothing? This is exposure to a ton of people. I guess it depends what you consider "much effect."

I don't expect this to make every iPhone or BB user to change their phones, but it may gain their interest as it may be appropriate for a family member. If they didn't know about the Veer or webOS before, they do now. I consider that a good thing.

BTW, what makes this ad "cheesy?"
    Is this the video? Only 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    "It's thinner then a deck of cards!"

Aren't almost all new cell phones thinner then this?!?
    Time for a new standard, I nominate the human thumb.
    Wow, that little phone is fast! Makes me Jones'n even more for the Pre 3.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    Yes, that was it. 2 min...7 min...everything takes longer on a plane. Actually, I just watched that on my return trip via airport wifi in Denver, and with all the buffering pauses, it took almost 7 min. It's all relative. Whether you think it is cheesy or not, it is a very effective introduction to the uninformed, I think. It makes the device very appealing for its size, speed, and functionality. They actually demonstrate its use and make it look really small by placing it next to a set of keys.
    It's a paid tv advertisement with a jazz mix in the background. Just seems cheesy to me.

People dont like paid advertisements...

-Do doot dee do "I like birds"

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's a paid tv advertisement with a jazz mix in the background. Just seems cheesy to me.

People dont like paid advertisements...

-Do doot dee do "I like birds"
    Who are these people and which survey stated people don't like paid advertisements? Do television and radio commercials count? Bc as we know tv and radio advertisements are paid for with money being exchanged so that the ad can be displayed on tv or played on the radio so they would count as paid advertisements.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    It's Mark Bunting, and it's more like an infomercial. You can find at least one program he did on the Veer on Youtube by searching for Mark Bunting Veer.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just saw this last night too. It did look TINY though.