Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It looks like those NYC trains plastered in Laday Gaga & HP Veers were part of a joint promotion. This past Monday there were Lady Gaga performers/impersonators riding the shuttle trains between Grand Central & Times Square, and giving out free Veers. I wish I knew they were going to be there. I spend a lot of time in that area & would have definitely passed by had I known they were going to be there, oh well.

These are some of the pics from HP's Flickr page:

You can see the rest of the photo's here:

Gaga Look-Alikes Take Over the NYC Subway for HP Veer - a set on Flickr
    Looks interesting
    Such odd marketing... I am guessing most people will just sell that pricey gift.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Looks interesting
    Such odd marketing... I am guessing most people will just sell that pricey gift.
    It does seem kind of odd. It would make more sense if they handed out Gaga CD's, especially since her new Album launched that day & she was promoting it at a Best Buy event not too far from Grand Central.

Maybe Gaga will start doing commercials for HP, but that's confusing too since now she currently has a TV ad running for Google Chrome. I'm not really sure how the HP/Gaga marketing campaign will go.
    I guess even if they are bought on ebay for half retail someone will end up using webos

MAKE it RAIN HP!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    wow free veers, where was i???
    Are there any regular TV ads for the veer ?

Surely it reaches more people than a subway or car painted with a phone pic ?
    Wow. Now THAT's marketing it. Win-win.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    Are there any regular TV ads for the veer ?

Surely it reaches more people than a subway or car painted with a phone pic ?
    Right! Plus, it's Gaga's promotion.
    has HP given away more Veers than it's sold?
    It could be that they're using the ol' Gillette sales strategy -- give the razors away, make a killing on the blades. Same one they used for their printers -- make 'em cheap, kill 'em on the ink cartridges.

So for webOS, what's a few hundred or thousand phones if it would convert people to webOS.. then come the webOS appliances.. etc.
    I would have to say that's pretty cool. Kerris wasn't lying when he said the marketing blitz was coming. This is just the beginning too I imagine.
    Thats just awesome! At least people will start wondering what WebOS is? and talk about the free ones and Lady Gaga! and then .... pum TouchPad and Pre3 hit!

Good times are coming! I just hope they dont forget about Spain! Im waiting for that phone.
    SMDH... i wish i had known about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Looks interesting
    That's probably expected. You can't guarantee users at a subway. The important thing is that they sell it (or even give it away) to someone who'll *use* it.
    Are you serious! Dang it, why can't they do that in Utah? Half those people don't even have at&t.
    Wow no way! This is like an Oprah giveaway... awesome. Too bad I don't live in NYC. Now how many will actually use it, sell it, or give it to their kids?

Whatever ppl might think, I'm glad HP is really starting to get the ball rolling with the marketing campaign.

They should go to Union Sq and Washington Sq during the Memorial Day weekend and give them out there.
    its not. Her giveaways are on tv and ours is in hole in ground.
    Now if you can give away Veers like that, how about free phones for us legacy users to "make things right"?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I want a Veer!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Very cool. Who cares if they are sold or given away to a daughter?--someone ends up using a webOS device. It is good for webOS, it is good for ATT, etc. This gets attention. People talk about it. Another thread says there is a video on Delta Airlines, which reaches tons of potential customers, virtually all who use/own cell phones.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast