Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Now if you can give away Veers like that, how about free phones for us legacy users to "make things right"?
    That would be awesome. Do I count with my VZW Pre+?

That would be a good way to spread good feelings about webOS too.

'Hey cool phone. Where did you get that?'

'Oh HP sent it in the mail because I bought my last phone from them.'

'WHAT!?! I want a FREE phone.'

'Go get one. They have them at Best Buy.'
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    SMDH... i wish i had known about this.
    You're not the only one, I'm often near Time Square & Grand Central. Had I known this was going on, I would have passed on by.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    its not. Her giveaways are on tv and ours is in hole in ground.

You're right about that. I think HP should have reached out to Oprah before her final show to have her feature the Veer & TouchPad like she did with the Evo. Everything Oprah features or gives away on her show turns to gold. She featured the Evo before it officially launched, and we all know how well that phone sold. Is it a coincidence??? I think not, lol.

Celebrity Nerds: Oprah has an EVO 4G and you don't -- Engadget
    well, I give them credit for creative, bold, aggressive promotion!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    well if you cant sell them.....giving them away should work.
    It's a nice way to promote them. Very good.

Let's say they give away 1000 of these over the next weeks...that will cost them less than a heavy TV promotion campaign I guess...

And it will stick with the people and most likely will be mentioned in the papers and online...

Very good...thanks for the pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    It's a nice way to promote them. Very good.

Let's say they give away 1000 of these over the next weeks...that will cost them less than a heavy TV promotion campaign I guess...

And it will stick with the people and most likely will be mentioned in the papers and online...

Very good...thanks for the pictures.
    so far no mentioned in the online. That would've been nice free advertisement.
    Thinking.....

Maybe it's a good thing they released the Veer first. Use it as the "loss leader" get hype going/people talking by giving out your newest product. Then assuming the launch is orchestrated of your higher end products while people are still talking, you get people in the stores looking for and asking about your products.

Assuming HP continues this, I am liking what they are doing. First the subway cars, then the full page ad, next day the youtube banner ad, and you hit em with a follow up to the ad on the subway cars.

As said above devices in peoples hands are not a bad thing, I doubt anyone was tossing em in the trash on their way out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Thing is if I had known that there was to be a giveaway. I'd have been there. I have ATT go phone, could have used the sim in it and been golden. Another day then hopefully.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you have to call the press. Would have been cool to see MTV News there or something. Good pub for both HP and Gaga that way and the target market I'm guessing.
    I really wish HP success, and I'm sick ****ing on them in almost any of my recent posts, but except NYT advert, I cant see any good move. Anything HP did, others did much, much better.
    hp veer | eBay

Don't see a surge of phones yet...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    hp veer | eBay

Don't see a surge of phones yet...
    Two of the listings are from Brooklyn, it's possible they were part of the crowd that got them in Grand Central on Monday.
    This promotion I can agree with! People may be hesitant to sign a contract but free with no strings means a better chance to get people to try it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The more phones that are given away like this, the more users there will be. Plain and simple. I think HP is ramping this up nicely.

I'm hoping for a big discount for upgrading to a new webOS phone from my current, but will still upgrade soon regardless of any discounts or not. The Pre 2 at $49 has really been calling out too me. I want to hold out until the Pre 3 hits though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    She featured the Evo before it officially launched, and we all know how well that phone sold. Is it a coincidence??? I think not, lol.

Celebrity Nerds: Oprah has an EVO 4G and you don't -- Engadget
    Well, yes, really.
    Celebrity testimonials may help to get word out but in the end the persistent marketing strategies, not to mention the quality of the phone makes or breaks its success.
    I don't like Lady Gaga, but I think this is definitely a step in the right direction.
    It cannot be the only step.
    I agree. The Evo had tons of carrier marketing, not just Lady Gaga and Oprah. "First 4G phone" was a great moniker. People ate that up, along with the screen real estate for media purposes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18.    #38  
    I was joking about Oprah being the person solely responsible for the Evo's success (notice the lol at the end of my comment).

However, Oprah has had a significant impact on many products featured on her show. An example being her book club, pretty much every book she's recommended went straight to #1 on the NY Times best seller list.

I'm sure if HP had Oprah feature or giveaway Veers & TouchPad's on her show before it ended, there would have been a noticeable impact on sales of the Veer, and tons of searches for the HP TouchPad.

If there's one celebrity endorsement that holds a lot of weight, it definitely is Oprah's.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    Yeah, plus I applaud HP for doing it the week her album drops. That's a good way to not let this go to waste.

Still too little at this point, tho. I stopped by the biggest Best Buy near where I work at lunch today, and there was still no Veer or Veer marketing materials anywhere. I would've asked the two phone reps, but they were with other customers for 10 minutes or so, and I moved on to look at other stuff. Why would you have them be able to offer the phone for free, but not have it in stock or actively promote such a cool offer?

One step forward, one step back.....
    BB is offering free phones because they are subsidizing more than AT&T or HP with AT&T contract. Just saying, technically once the retailer buys the phones from HP at whatever price, the retailer can subsidize as much as they want. Knowing BB, they want to sell their insurance/warranty coverage... retailer insurance/warranty is sold for a profit, if it wasn't they wouldn't offer it on ALL electronics.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I was joking about Oprah being the person solely responsible for the Evo's success (notice the lol at the end of my comment).

However, Oprah has had a significant impact on many products featured on her show. An example being her book club, pretty much every book she's recommended went straight to #1 on the NY Times best seller list.

I'm sure if HP had Oprah feature or giveaway Veers & TouchPad's on her show before it ended, there would have been a noticeable impact on sales of the Veer, and tons of searches for the HP TouchPad.

If there's one celebrity endorsement that holds a lot of weight, it definitely is Oprah's.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That is indeed true. I've read that about any businesses she features also. I was just saying that the Evo had a lot more going for it than celebrity endorsements. Ads everywhere and in your face reminding you that that was the "first 4G phone". Big posters in corporate store windows also. The carrier really got behind that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast