1.    #1  
    I was so excited because FedEX delivered a complimentary Black Veer today. (Spoils of War from a Developer Webinar a while back)

The strange thing is...They sent me a used veer...they didn't wipe the device or doctor it. They just pulled the SIM card and mailed it to me. I already removed the email accounts, and intend to wipe it completely once i get home from work. But does any one think this is strange enough that I should let them know about their mistake? Part of me wants to let her know so that I can see how the remote device wiping works. (Not curious enough to try it with one of my palm profiles)

BTW, I found her on linkedin and she appears to be a marketing person @ att.

Update: I wiped the device and she has been made aware of her mistake. But the phone does still smell very strangely...

Last edited by bradmeister1; 05/25/2011 at 07:55 PM.
    I would.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I would.
    You would let them know? That sounds like a good idea.

It also smells really weird...and I do know that is strange statement. It kind of reminds of a spindle of DVD's, only much stronger...
    Middle management, and used a Veer before everyone did... call her up and ask when is the Pre3 is coming.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Brad,

Please accept my apology for the 2nd hand Veer.
    You were supposed to get a brand new one. Our admin made a mistake.

If you send the phone back, I will send you a brand new Veer.

Hsuan-hua Chang
    AT&T Developer Program
    Quote Originally Posted by hsuanhuachang View Post
    Brad,

Hsuan-hua Chang
    AT&T Developer Program
    How do we know if we won a Veer? Are you sending email notifications or the devices are just getting mailed without notifications? I attended the at&t Enyo webinar.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    How do we know if we won a Veer? Are you sending email notifications or the devices are just getting mailed without notifications? I attended the at&t Enyo webinar.
    I think there was only one winner, and I got an email before it was shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Middle management, and used a Veer before everyone did... call her up and ask when is the Pre3 is coming.
    Haha
    Its coming.... soon.

HP said so, back on Feb 9th .....
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/25/2011 at 08:22 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradmeister1 View Post
    I think there was only one winner, and I got an email before it was shipped.
    You are a lucky man. Hey when the new one arrives make sure to send the used one back to her for good karma and so I can play with it!

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    There was only one winner. The winner's name was published on tweet too.
    Please follow @attdeveloper.
    We give devices away for all events.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Haha
    Its coming.... soon.

When I said "middle management" I just meant that it wasn't David Christopher's phone. (at&t's chief marketing officer) I'm sure that everyone at at&t doesn't get to play with a veer...just a lucky few.
    Brad,

Hsuan-hua Chang
    AT&T Developer Program
    Very stand-up move to come here and publicly apologize. You guys are okay in my book. Consider sticking around!
    At least it did not smell fishy...who knows where it could have been?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    At least it did not smell fishy...who knows where it could have been?
    LOL! Now that's bad. Made me remember the scene out of the movie: The Ugly Truth.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Haha
    Its coming.... soon.

If you know something then please shut up Nothing is worse than people in the know teasing that they know (No offense intended of course! Your comments are greatly appreciated.)
    Brad,

Hsuan-hua Chang
    AT&T Developer Program
    I am really starting to like AT&T again.
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    I am really starting to like AT&T again.
    Hey don't let one person fool you into thinking they are a good company! Even bad companies employ some good people here and there.
    wow...cool...the reply had alot of class..making a note not to chuck the bird anymore when I ride by an AT&T store
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hey don't let one person fool you into thinking they are a good company! Even bad companies employ some good people here and there.
    Its been a string of good deads, including a discounted plan for my previous troubles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Its been a string of good deads, including a discounted plan for my previous troubles. They've been kind.