1.    #1  
    Not for nothing, but I also thought the app selection was VERY limited until I visited the web version of the App Catalog on Palm's website. I'm not sure why it's the case, but many of the apps aren't 'certified' for the Veer, so they don't show up on the phone, but if you go to the site and select anything that runs on the Pixi (admittedly more limited than the Pre) - there are tons more apps that I was able to 'send to phone' and run successfully. I actually found 17 apps I wanted or needed that I didn't know existed and downloaded and ran them without issue. I certainly had all of the bases covered (news, utilities, games, social networking, etc.) and a few really cool ones that I like a lot.

The only thing I'm missing is a LogMeIn and RDP client, but other than those...
    I think that's a function of the app catalog in webOS 2.x. For some reason, Palm seems to have decided not to list all the available apps. You can search for them, but exploring by just browsing in the app cat app itself is pretty limited.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    Not for nothing, but I also thought the app selection was VERY limited until I visited the web version of the App Catalog on Palm's website. I'm not sure why it's the case, but many of the apps aren't 'certified' for the Veer, so they don't show up on the phone, but if you go to the site and select anything that runs on the Pixi (admittedly more limited than the Pre) - there are tons more apps that I was able to 'send to phone' and run successfully. I actually found 17 apps I wanted or needed that I didn't know existed and downloaded and ran them without issue. I certainly had all of the bases covered (news, utilities, games, social networking, etc.) and a few really cool ones that I like a lot.

This is dissapointing that everything has not been catalogued properly. Can you give me a link to the website?
    This whole thread is strange.. Because palm said developers need do nothing as all pixi apps will get stamped as veer apps

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...w_devices.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks rootdude, I think this is helpful for new Veer users.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This whole thread is strange.. Because palm said developers need do nothing as all pixi apps will get stamped as veer apps

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...w_devices.html

Can you give the link to the site that he's talking about where I can browse the apps?
    I have installed this google app and this came out searching for "palm app catalog"
    Palm USA | Palm Pre Phone | Features, Details
    Yes, very wierd. Simple Bible has been a pixi app for over a year and I didn't do anything to it to make it Veer ready.

I bought a Veer for my wife today (Man it really is small) and Simple Bible was in the catalog, so... I'm not sure why some apps are and some aren't?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I have installed this google app and this came out searching for "palm app catalog"
    Thats what I got too but no sign of anywhere to browse apps. OP can you please link to where you are browsing apps on the website?
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Can you give the link to the site that he's talking about where I can browse the apps?
    Just check out preware.. Web feed is enabled by default

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Just check out preware.. Web feed is enabled by default

When I go to preware all i see is homebrew apps. Where is the palm website the OP is referring to? If you dont know can you at least explain where i can access the full hp app store from within preware cause I cant see anywhere to access all the official apps from within preware?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    When I go to preware all i see is homebrew apps. Where is the palm website the OP is referring to? If you dont know can you at least explain where i can access the full hp app store from within preware cause I cant see anywhere to access all the official apps from within preware?
    Did you try browsing this site:

Palm.com | Essential Apps To Get You Started.

EDIT: That's almost the same link as above, but sends you instead to the list of Apps with option: Send to phone in the list.
    NNJ
  13.    #13  
    Not for nothing, but I also thought the app selection was VERY limited until I visited the web version of the App Catalog on Palm's website.

Then just pour through the apps and look for ones that are 'Pixi' or 'Veer' compatible and 'Send to phone'. It sends you an SMS with a link to the catalog...

Did you reply to HardBeatz in the other thread? He works for Palm and was trying to assist you with this issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2972955
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Did you reply to HardBeatz in the other thread? He works for Palm and was trying to assist you with this issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2972955
    I did - but it wasn't so much an issue as it was a realization that I was trying to share with others...
    Just wanted to make sure, cuz if they aren't showing up in the app catalog, that is an issue for the average user (who wouldn't be on these forums). Just want to make sure it gets into the bug log if there is a bug in the app cat. The app cat needs to function correctly for WebOS to grow.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Then just pour through the apps and look for ones that are 'Pixi' or 'Veer' compatible and 'Send to phone'. It sends you an SMS with a link to the catalog...
    All I see is a few featured apps. Where on that page do you scan through the apps?