Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Has the Exhibition dimming bug actually been fixed on the shipping version of the Veer, i.e. does the screen get dimmed when showing the time in Exhibition mode? The Pre 3 seems to do just that when you look at this video from the Think Beyond event:
  2. #2  
    Not sure about the bug, but when the Veer is on a touchstone, the screen stays lit on mine.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    Has the Exhibition dimming bug actually been fixed on the shipping version of the Veer, i.e. does the screen get dimmed when showing the time in Exhibition mode? The Pre 3 seems to do just that when you look at this video from the Think Beyond event:
    I didn't check it on a Veer, but I believe that's the intended behavior if you leave it on the Time app in Exhibition (so that it can serve as a dim clock at night) and this behavior is on all 2.1 devices. And I think the auto-dim is limited to the Time app, so that it won't auto-dim if it's already running a different Exhibition app.

    Do you consider it a bug to auto-dim at all? Perhaps that should've been a setting, since I think more people wish auto-off could still apply while on the Touchstone.
  4. #4  
    Yeah, I think that it's supposed to dim when in Exhibition Mode, like when set on a Touchstone. I'm really not sure though.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry for the delay in replying. On my Pre 2 I have the problem that the screen is actually too bright when the Pre 2 is sitting on the Touchstone. My Pixi, running 1.4.5 could be very well be used as an alarm clock replacement, as the brightness was dimmed down, so that it was perfect in the night. Exhibition in time mode is really annoying as an alarm clock.
  6. #6  
    You can just completely switch off the screen by pressing the power button while your phone is on the touchstone. It'll still ring in the morning.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, but I want to see the time when I wake up at night, and don't want to need to push a button first. :-/
  8. #8  
    I really don't think we'll see a fully-suitable alarm clock replacement until webOS phones start shipping with AMOLED panels. In the meantime, I wonder how tough this would be to build a patch for.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  9. WarHorn79's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I didn't check it on a Veer, but I believe that's the intended behavior if you leave it on the Time app in Exhibition (so that it can serve as a dim clock at night) and this behavior is on all 2.1 devices. And I think the auto-dim is limited to the Time app, so that it won't auto-dim if it's already running a different Exhibition app.

    Do you consider it a bug to auto-dim at all? Perhaps that should've been a setting, since I think more people wish auto-off could still apply while on the Touchstone.
    I checked mine as it was sitting here bright on the Touchstone. I tapped the screen (center) and it dimmed to black with clock. Tapping again turned the screen back to daylight (bright).
  10. #10  
    It will depend on the app running through exhibition mode. The Time app does it for it has the tap event programed to adjust brightness with the basic mode. The agenda does not but is programmable. The Pre2 does the same thing. This would not be a bug but a feature request for the exhibition app maker. An opportunity for a patch here.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This would not be a bug but a feature request for the exhibition app maker. An opportunity for a patch here.
    Do you mean Exhibition mode in general, or a particular app that includes Exhibition mode? I did the auto-start Exhibition mode (from the Exhibition Preferences app), and it's actually a service call to initiate "dock" mode. I didn't find any sign of a Exhibition mode app (at least of the mojo variety), so I don't believe we'll be able to actually do a conventional patch.

Posting Permissions