Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    All your Pixi apps should transfer over.
    There are some folks saying that some apps for the Pixi are not showing up as available for the Veer. I am thinking this could have to do with compatible (or lack of being listed as compatible) software version in the app info.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    There are some folks saying that some apps for the Pixi are not showing up as available for the Veer. I am thinking this could have to do with compatible (or lack of being listed as compatible) software version in the app info.
    HP was supposed to update all compatible apps (anything listed for the Pixi) automatically. I know mine have the Veer listed, and I didn't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    HP was supposed to update all compatible apps (anything listed for the Pixi) automatically. I know mine have the Veer listed, and I didn't do it.
    Good to know, I was just going off the quote below, in the following thread. I personally haven't verified anything.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post2972727

Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    Not for nothing, but I also thought the app selection was VERY limited until I visited the web version of the App Catalog on Palm's website. I'm not sure why it's the case, but many of the apps aren't 'certified' for the Veer, so they don't show up on the phone, but if you go to the site and select anything that runs on the Pixi (admittedly more limited than the Pre) - there are tons more apps that I was able to 'send to phone' and run successfully. I actually found 17 apps I wanted or needed that I didn't know existed and downloaded and ran them without issue. I certainly had all of the bases covered (news, utilities, games, social networking, etc.) and a few really cool ones that I like a lot.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This is correct information. All Pixi apps were automatically updated to support the Veer.

We would need to know specific instances where this didn't happen to further investigate.

As I see the other thread mentioned I will add a note to that thread indicating this.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Not sure what's going to happen with the Pre 3, but Enyo is a whole new ball game. Apps developed for Enyo would be SDK apps, and in theory they will be able to scale to different screen sizes very easily. Palm said that Mojo apps would be supported, but that they'll run in a smaller window on the Touchpad. PDK apps will probably still have to be compiled to run on different screen sizes. It's possible that the Pre 3 will be able to run in a mode that emulates 320x480, so that would fix PDK apps. But I don't know for sure that Palm is going to do that.
    Real question is will you have to re-purchase to run on the Touchpad? I think that defeats touch to share if i have to buy twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
    Real question is will you have to re-purchase to run on the Touchpad? I think that defeats touch to share if i have to buy twice.
    I remember HP saying that will depend on the developers weather you have to re-buy or not... but that was in January.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorn79 View Post
    In most cases you should't, there are always going to tablet versions of some things though, that you may want to rebuy for added features.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12