1.    #1  
    I've done a search and didn't see any reports of this.

I can't add a "Google" account to wire up my personal GMail on the Veer. I got my GoogleApps work account on fine.

I can setup my GMail as an Exchange account, but then I don't think I have all my contacts, so I'd really like to figure out the "right way".

Anyone else run into this?
    Sometimes even on my Epic this happens and all i do is take the account out, reboot the device, and put back in. If you do have an INSANE amount of contacts then do give it some time and go into preferences of contacts, tap on the google account, to watch the number of contacts fluctuate.

Why are preferring EAS protocol over the webOS protocol for the google account?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmoot View Post

I can't add a "Google" account to wire up my personal GMail on the Veer. I got my GoogleApps work account on fine.

I can setup my GMail as an Exchange account, but then I don't think I have all my contacts, so I'd really like to figure out the "right way".

I realize this may be entirely unhelpful to you, but I have the exact opposite problem. My Gmail works perfectly - it's my Google Apps work account that it won't accept.

Good luck.
    Nokia 5160 > Nokia 8390 > Nokia 6800 > Nokia E62 > HP Veer 4G

It would probably help if you gave a more detailed description of what's happening (error message? How are you setting it up? etc).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    What error?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It would probably help if you gave a more detailed description of what's happening (error message? How are you setting it up? etc).
    No error, the "Create" button just spins. Eventually I get an email from another account to respond to and that steals focus. There doesn't appear to be a way to return to the screen with the in-progress account add at that point.

The account does then appear on the main list, but with no folders, no mail, etc. Basically an "orphaned" reference as far as I can tell.

Removing it and trying again doesn't appear to work. I've tried the manual setup, but the "Validate" button is always greyed-out/disabled, so that doesn't appear to get anywhere.

I'm going to try removing it, rebooting (as suggested), and trying again to see if that helps.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, that didn't work. Rebooted and tried it again. It's been spinning on the "Create" screen (after the login succeeds and it asks you which 4(?) services you want to sync, mail, contacts, etc) for the past 20 minutes or so.

Maybe I'll have more luck if I remove my work account? I can live with email-only on the work account (I don't have contacts or anything really stored there), so maybe that's the one to relegate to the Exchange Server setup...
    Are you picking gmail from the list of providers? If so, then try manually creating an entry and see if that works.