Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    LMAO. Oh, so you never read reviews before buying something? Fine. But don't complain that others want to read reviews before weighing their options.
    LMAO ......They call anything a review now a days
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    LMAO ......They call anything a review now a days
    Nope. Just using the actual definition:

1. A formal assessment or examination of something.
    2. A review is an evaluation of a publication, such as a movie (a movie review), video game, musical composition (music review of a composition or recording), book (book review); a piece of hardware like a car, home appliance, or computer; or an event or performance, such as a live music concert, a play, musical theater show or dance show. In addition to a critical evaluation, the review's author may assign the work a rating to indicate its relative merit.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    My friend she saw the phone at BestBuy last night and thought it was the cutest phone she's ever seen. What killed her about it was the lack of QQ apps/acecess for webOS. If QQ gets on webOS she'd totally jump to the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    My friend she saw the phone at BestBuy last night and thought it was the cutest phone she's ever seen. What killed her about it was the lack of QQ apps/acecess for webOS. If QQ gets on webOS she'd totally jump to the Veer.
    Not for nothing, but I also thought the app selection was VERY limited until I visited the web version of the App Catalog on Palm's website. I'm not sure why it's the case, but many of the apps aren't 'certified' for the Veer, so they don't show up on the phone, but if you go to the site and select anything that runs on the Pixi (admittedly more limited than the Pre) - there are tons more apps that I was able to 'send to phone' and run successfully. I actually found 17 apps I wanted or needed that I didn't know existed and downloaded and ran them without issue. I certainly had all of the bases covered (news, utilities, games, social networking, etc.) and a few really cool ones that I like a lot.

When on a demo unit with limited time and exposure it may seem very limited compared to Apple's and Android's offerings, but it's certainly sufficient, at least for now. The only thing I'm missing is a LogMeIn and RDP client, but other than those... YMMV.
    You obviously checked out a defective device because that is not on par with what most of us have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post
    Not for nothing, but I also thought the app selection was VERY limited until I visited the web version of the App Catalog on Palm's website. I'm not sure why it's the case, but many of the apps aren't 'certified' for the Veer, so they don't show up on the phone, but if you go to the site and select anything that runs on the Pixi (admittedly more limited than the Pre) - there are tons more apps that I was able to 'send to phone' and run successfully. I actually found 17 apps I wanted or needed that I didn't know existed and downloaded and ran them without issue. I certainly had all of the bases covered (news, utilities, games, social networking, etc.) and a few really cool ones that I like a lot.

When on a demo unit with limited time and exposure it may seem very limited compared to Apple's and Android's offerings, but it's certainly sufficient, at least for now. The only thing I'm missing is a LogMeIn and RDP client, but other than those... YMMV.
    Most likely some of those apps haven't been slated at compatible with 2.0. Unfortunately not sure how much support their is for the Pixi specific apps from developers (hopefully those still around will update their apps).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by rootdude View Post

What specific apps are you talking about?

It would help to know if other Veer users can see these apps in the catalog and it's not just something unique to you.

All Pixi apps have been updated to support the Veer.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    What specific apps are you talking about?

It would help to know if other Veer users can see these apps in the catalog and it's not just something unique to you.

All Pixi apps have been updated to support the Veer.
    Thanks for hoping in here and the other thread and clarifying!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123