Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    There is a Veer advertisement on Youtube's front page right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    nice catch
    They are marketing it as a companion phone to a tablet user. If you are carrying around a tablet, why would you need a large screen phone?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Not sure if it's mentioned in this thread, but they took up the back of the NY Times as well.

Youtube and New York times, who are they!?!
    nice to see the ads but seriously I wish they had more on the table already. The veer still only sells to such a small group of people. I think hp is making a mistake by not having the touchpad and pre 3 for sale yet. If you click the veer ad on youtube link it takes you to a page with the touchpad and the pre 3 but not even a release date just this summer. Come on hp. If you dont have the product at least give them a date to think about and look towards.
    on a side note hp stock is pretty low right now. I may be picking some up cause I have no doubt that with hp pushing webos to enterprise users its a win and could really blow things up if it works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    on a side note hp stock is pretty low right now. I may be picking some up cause I have no doubt that with hp pushing webos to enterprise users its a win and could really blow things up if it works out.
    Not to burst your bubble but webOS is such a small piece of the HP pie that it won't significantly affect their bottom line for quite some time. $32.3 billion in earnings for the 1st quarter of 2011 means at present time webOS is but a fly on a very big wall. Somewhere over the rainbow when they get this whole machine into motion with cloud computing, phone/computer/tablet/life integration, then they will become a factor. That's years down the road.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    This post made me smile. The Veer, I think, has huge WOW-factor, just for being different. And that will make it popular, I think.
    One problem. At that corporate store, it was in the dumbphone section believe it or not. So what happens when the rep tells them what the data charges will be? Plus no one was looking at it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Not to burst your bubble but webOS is such a small piece of the HP pie that it won't significantly affect their bottom line for quite some time.
    This may actually play out a bit different if every consumer PC sold by HP is running webOS - because the PC business would then technically be part of the webOS slice of the HP pie.

Of course there'll still be huge parts of HP that arent (strongly) connected to webOS - servers, corporate services like virtualization, etc. - but I think that webOS will become more integral to HP's superstructure than you think, and quicker.
    Heh, neat little ad. Will they play song "Do you believe in magic?"
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I don't see it that way. I see this lauch panning out exactly like every other HP launch. HP sells a bazillion printers a year and they only do press release launches. Same is true for the computer market. HP is releasing their webOS devices using the same formula that has always worked for them. And I see no reason why it would stop working for them.
    every other HP launch? you mean like for that iPaq you are not holding in your hands?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    One problem. At that corporate store, it was in the dumbphone section believe it or not. So what happens when the rep tells them what the data charges will be? Plus no one was looking at it.
    You keep holding on to this one At&t store experience like it's the end all and be all, when it isn't. The At&t store won't see customers coming in until after the marketing push really gets moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Not to burst your bubble but webOS is such a small piece of the HP pie that it won't significantly affect their bottom line for quite some time. $32.3 billion in earnings for the 1st quarter of 2011 means at present time webOS is but a fly on a very big wall. Somewhere over the rainbow when they get this whole machine into motion with cloud computing, phone/computer/tablet/life integration, then they will become a factor. That's years down the road.
    yea yea. I'm not looking for a million dollars but I bet in after touchpad is in a few places I will have an extra 1000 in my pocket. The directing hp is heading and the outlook by investors is what will fuel a small increase in the numbers. Maybe in years and years hp stock will be up from all this but I am just in it for the small jump. Maybe if things look well for hp in this market I will invest more later on.
    Last edited by bigwood212; 05/24/2011 at 10:49 AM.
    lol, short term they are going nowhere... they just reported a poor quarter, lowered guidance, leaked email of the rest of the year not looking good and analysts have downgraded and reduced targets. i would recommend newbies like you to watch mad money then go it alone... but even jim cramer put hp in the "SELL BLOCK" last week and told everyone its a broken company.

go ahead and buy some stock, by the end of the year your TP is gonna cost more than just the $499 at the register.

his leaked email to his top men didnt say, 'dont worry, webos is gonna save us!'

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    yea yea. I'm not looking for a million dollars but I bet in after touchpad is in a few places I will have an extra 1000 in my pocket. The directing hp is heading and the outlook by investors is what will fuel a small increase in the numbers. Maybe in years and years hp stock will be up from all this but I am just in it for the small jump. Maybe if things look well for hp in this market I will invest more later on.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    lol, short term they are going nowhere... they just reported a poor quarter, lowered guidance, leaked email of the rest of the year not looking good and analysts have downgraded and reduced targets. i would recommend newbies like you to watch mad money then go it alone... but even jim cramer put hp in the "SELL BLOCK" last week and told everyone its a broken company.

go ahead and buy some stock, by the end of the year your TP is gonna cost more than just the $499 at the register.

his leaked email to his top men didnt say, 'dont worry, webos is gonna save us!'
    If you think HP has a bright future, now is the time to be buying HP when it is in the dumps. Dollar coast average your way into it and then reep the rewards if it comes back.

Cramer would have been telling people to sell Apple in the 90's and looking back he would seem like a fool. He's a trader.
    my post started out saying, 'lol, short term...'

If you think HP has a bright future, now is the time to be buying HP when it is in the dumps. Dollar coast average your way into it and then reep the rewards if it comes back.

Cramer would have been telling people to sell Apple in the 90's and looking back he would seem like a fool. He's a trader.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicemarmot View Post
    every other HP launch? you mean like for that iPaq you are not holding in your hands?
    Hey, don't blame HP for Windows CE. And I actually do own an iPaq. But I don't think HP has updated the design in years. They were going to move to WP7 but decide to buy Palm instead. I believe the iPaq will be discontinued sometime soon.

Oh, if Jim Cramer said to sell it, then I'll go put my buy order in.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Oh, if Jim Cramer said to sell it, then I'll go put my buy order in.
    lol, i don't like cramer either... an *****... he called sirius a used lotto ticket... i bought it at 7 cents

but rather recommend someone get some advice somewhere then to just throw money because they read the forums and think webos is gonna give hpq the market cap of apple someday.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    lol, i don't like cramer either... an *****... he called sirius a used lotto ticket... i bought it at 7 cents

but rather recommend someone get some advice somewhere then to just throw money because they read the forums and think webos is gonna give hpq the market cap of apple someday.
    webOS may. We don't know the future.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast