Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'd love a review if so. I need a turn-by-turn navigation app, and Google Navigation on the Evo was wonderful. I've used TeleNav on the Pre Minus (branded as Sprint Navigation), and I found it worked quite well.

Anyone used it? I understand there's a free 30-day trial.
    How much is it per month? A review of how ATT Nav specifically works on the Veer would be great (ie. how it adapts to the small screen, voice input/output, GPS locks, synergy with other applications (yelp, calendar, etc)).
  3.    #3  
    $9.99 per month, with a 30-day trial for free at the start.

It's nickel-and-diming like this that should make everyone's love for Sprint understandable.
    Hrm, for that price, Navigon's app ($50 I believe) seems like a better long-term choice, assuming it does the job well enough. I think they're beta-testing their Veer app right now.

If only Google allowed a port of their Google Navigation app. That thing is literally one of the best selling points of Android IMO after extensively using it.
  5.    #5  
    ^ Agreed. Google Nav is one of the only things I really enjoyed using in Android.
    There is also a homebrew, open source, standalone navigation app called Navit. I haven't tried either Navit or at&t navigator. Sprint nav was pretty great, but not worth $10 per month.
    No. And the moment the homebrew community comes up with a way for me to remove the app outright I'll do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    $9.99 per month, with a 30-day trial for free at the start.

It's nickel-and-diming like this that should make everyone's love for Sprint understandable.
    true dat
    Guys,
    I know the veer version of Ndrive is about to launch. Ndrive is really really good on my pre2 even with the pre2s known crappy gps signal.
    I would wait for NDrive.
    As said above, if you homebrew you might want to try Navit. I had it installed, never used it, being on Sprint I didn't need to, but always wanted to see how it compared. Maybe one day I will reinstall.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm beta testing NDrive until July, but if I find it unsuitable for my needs I'll fall back on TeleNav (or whatever ATT is rebranding as ATT Navigator).
    I tried Navit, and it doesn't work on the Veer, unfortunately. It is incompatible with the Pixi, and reading through some of the thread, it's a bit of a mystery right now as to why that might be. Whatever it is seems to impact the Veer as well.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm beta testing NDrive until July, but if I find it unsuitable for my needs I'll fall back on TeleNav (or whatever ATT is rebranding as ATT Navigator).
    Awesome, keep us updated or give a review at the end if you can (if you're not under NDA).
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I tried Navit, and it doesn't work on the Veer, unfortunately. It is incompatible with the Pixi, and reading through some of the thread, it's a bit of a mystery right now as to why that might be. Whatever it is seems to impact the Veer as well.
    Booo, that would be a problem for me moving from Sprint to AT&T...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I know this is an old thread at this point, but just wanted to report back that Navit does work on the Veer. I needed a reboot after installing to get it to run. Downloading maps right now!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Is the text to speech engine also working for you? I never got that to work on mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I know this is an old thread at this point, but just wanted to report back that Navit does work on the Veer. I needed a reboot after installing to get it to run. Downloading maps right now!
    Nice, hows it working?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nice, hows it working?
    Well, I haven't actually tried it for navigation (so I don't know if the speech is working or not). The UI quality pales in comparison to the pre-installed TeleNav apps. The standard set of maps has limitations. Two-finger zoom is not present. But it is a free navigation solution.
    I had just bought the Veer, was driving in an unknown area, and found myself hopelessly lost and potentially late to an appointment. So I sucked it up and activated the ATT Navigator free trial. To my relief the program launched glitch free, found my location and my destination, and started spitting out directions, all in less than a minute.
    I'll admit $9.99 is a rip off, I just wish there was another option that worked so seamlessly.
    @stewnuts, nDrive has that solution for you and maps are stored on device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast