1.    #1  
    Despite being a tech-head for the better part of a decade, I've never owned a pair of Bluetooth headphones -- until now. Not being able to use my iPod earbuds with the Veer's 3.5mm adapter, and a hunger for some new technology, finally pushed me to order some Rocketfish BT headphones. I got them during Best Buy's midnight sale a few days back for $38.00.

I've only had them for a few days, but I have to say I'm impressed. Here's some pluses and minuses, as they relate to the Veer:

Pros:

• Comfortable - nice soft padded earphone cushions and total ear coverage.
    • All buttons work with the Veer. I can skip, reverse, play and pause with the headset's buttons, without taking the Veer out of my pocket. Tested with DrPodder and Pandora.
    • Callers could hear me fine.
    • No wires. I can't emphasize enough how handy this is, when changing shirts, taking off/putting on seat bealts, etc.

Cons:
    • Max volume is a tad on the quiet side if you're riding a noisy train, bus, etc.
    • Too large for most pockets.
    • Call performance with the Veer is inconsistent. Had to manualy adjust the call settings with some calls to get the audio to route to the headphones. Not sure if this is webOS's problem or the headset's.
    • Sometimes loses the BT connection if a stream is paused while you go to another app. Requires re-pairing.
    • Behind-the-head band sometimes gets hung up on my collar.
    • Battery life impact. I got six hours' continuous BT streaming from my Veer before it died. That's not atypical, but it's still not a "pro."

"If you have the means, I'd highly recommend picking one up."
    Nice review, nicer FBDO quote.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Nice review, nicer FBDO quote.
    Glad someone caught it.

Additional con: you have to charge BT headphones. Obviously. Mine died just as I was starting my walk home from dinner tonight.
    Another alternative for BT if you want to keep your previous headphones is an adapter like the one below. Not hijacking your thread, just a solution I use in my one car that has Aux in but the deck doesn't have bluetooth, just an alternative to having to use the headphone adapter. It also have a built in mic, turning standard headphone/aux in jack to a bluetooth setup.

Amazon.com: Audiovox Acoustic Research ARWH1 - Headphones ( ear-bud ) - wireless - Bluetooth 2.0 - silver: Electronics

And a BIG +1 for the Ferris Bueller quote!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...