1.    #1  
    I know this is blowing up big in the Pre3 forum, but what about us new Veer customers? Just curious since the Veer came out and maybe some of you, like myself, switched from Sprint (with a Pre) to ATT which defeats the idea/thought of a carrier based "webos loyalty reward". Already my Angry Birds and Need For Speed games did not carry over, which im not surprised because they are probably different Pixi based versions. Im guessing if anything does comes along it'll probably be free apps or something to do with the Touchpad. What do you guys think?
    I think that everyone cried for new hardware. Finally there is new hardware. That's probably all anyone should expect. Now that you've switched, what you are so much better off.
    I think that it is officially dead. They never promised that they would do anything for us. They just posed on the Palm blog that they were working on getting a plan pushed through for the legacy devices.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think that everyone cried for new hardware. Finally there is new hardware. That's probably all anyone should expect. Now that you've switched, what you are so much better off.
    Agreed. I always figured "make things right" was an internal thing almost. We are going to make the best darn smartphones in the world, and you will be glad you stayed with us sort of rah rah, not an Oprah-like "Free phones for all!"
    As far as I'm concerned, I feel things are pretty right with two new, free Veers.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  6.    #6  
    Gotcha guys! Case Closed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    ... not an Oprah-like "Free phones for all!"
    Hey...do you think the webOS faithful would fill Oprah's studio audience seating? If not, maybe we could see if she might set us all up! I mean, she just finished her show, so she's not as busy...probably looking for something to do.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    I know this is blowing up big in the Pre3 forum, but what about us new Veer customers? Just curious since the Veer came out and maybe some of you, like myself, switched from Sprint (with a Pre) to ATT which defeats the idea/thought of a carrier based "webos loyalty reward". Already my Angry Birds and Need For Speed games did not carry over, which im not surprised because they are probably different Pixi based versions. Im guessing if anything does comes along it'll probably be free apps or something to do with the Touchpad. What do you guys think?
    I'm thinking "Are you serious?" You have the newest phone available and your crying "What about us?"

I'm thinking "Need for Speed and Angry Birds?" Really? Do you think you're entitled to the same video game if you switch platforms? (You know, going from PS3 to Xbox 360)
  9.    #9  
    Im not crying or complaining. Im happy with my device and I know that my games wont carry over because its a different pdk. Im just seeing what you guys think about HP's previous statement now that at least one device is available.
    I really don't see how things are right. That's just me, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I feel things are pretty right with two new, free Veers.
    This, especially with the fact that HP is selling the phone for $50 less than the carrier subsidized version, and HP went out and got a big box store to sell it for $100 less than carrier. I think they made things pretty good so far for those legacy users (most of which are still under or just got out of their Sprint contract if they haven't already left WebOS).

Hoping to see something similar with the Pre3, also I like that they got the reduced off contract Dev phone Veer out the week of launch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker01 View Post
    I really don't see how things are right. That's just me, though.
    You can't please everyone all the time.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts