Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I notice not all applications show up in "software manager" for example at&t navigator, YP mobile etc. Is there any way to delete these unwanted applications?
    You will probably have to install PreWare and get a patch to do that once one is made/released.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    alt+tap the icon to see iff it offers the option to uninstall. Or create a blank launcher page to the right and dump stuff that you don't want to see overr there
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    alt+tap the icon to see iff it offers the option to uninstall.
    And just to add to this: if there is no option to uninstall a pre-installed app, I highly recommend you don't try to do so through other hackish means (ex./ ipkg remove). Removing built-in apps that aren't meant to be removed can cause deeper problems and generally those apps are connected to others in various ways.

The easiest solution is to just hide the icons from the launcher. There are patches available that can hide many various built-in app icons. And if your willing to get your hands dirty, you can manually hide apps by editing an app's appinfo.json file and adding "visible":false
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Please don't help a user break their phone. Refer to Jason's post.
    Please don't help a user break their phone. Refer to Jason's post.
    ok.removed
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    alt+tap the icon to see iff it offers the option to uninstall. Or create a blank launcher page to the right and dump stuff that you don't want to see overr there
    I tried but the ones that are not removeable thru software manager are also not removeable by alt-tap. Yeah moving them to the side is what ive been doing but it would be great to get rid of the bloatware. Theres quite a bit of stuff I'd never use.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I agree on just hiding the icons. If you feel brave you can delete the ipk files from the doctor file then re-doctor your Pre. Worked for me until I ran the updates app and it told me I needed an update... then voila! They were back
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    you'll never need a yellowpages app?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    you'll never need a yellowpages app?
    Possibly but i would definitely get rid of the "help" app and "at&t nav", "amazon mp3", "gesture tutorial".
    preware - patches - advanced config for app launcher

with this you can hide any app icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    preware - patches - advanced config for app launcher

with this you can hide any app icon
    That patch only exists for webOS 1.4.5. I believe OP is on a Veer running webOS 2.

P.S. One more vote for Jason's post.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    any update on this?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I just used ipkg remove to remove com.telenav.attnavigation in order to install Sprint Navigation and it worked perfectly. The Sprint Navigation wouldn't install unless the ATT one was removed because they use some of the same files. No issues so far with functionality of the phone. Will try the application out on the drive home today.
    Last edited by Tikerz; 10/17/2011 at 11:35 AM.