1.    #1  
    Hi, just a couple of questions from a newbie: Is there a way to delete all text messages at once so it doesn't have to be done individually? Also, is there a way to increase font size? My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Thanks for your patience,
    craig
    Hi propsail and welcome to the P|C forums

Are you deleting individual messages, or whole conversations? You can swipe whole conversation away to delete it if you aren't doing that.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. That helps. Any idea about font size?
    welcome! Once u are ready to start dabbling in homebrew and preware, you will find a bunch of extra ways to customize textmessaging.
    There isn't a way to increase font sizes, at least not for stock devices. There are homebrew patches to increase font sizes for the messaging app and email app, I believe, but I don't know if they are available for the Veer yet.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  6.    #6  
    One last question, sorry. I set the brightness to maximum, but the screen seems to dim and brighten indiscriminately as I'm typing, reading, etc. Is this some type of battery saving measure?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    its the auto brightness the phones dims after a few second of inactivity.
    It is changing the screen brightness based on readings from the ambient light sensor. It makes the screen marginally dimmer in the dark and brighter in light. It cannot be adjusted unfortunately.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    On the subject of screen brightness, you may want to checkout an app called "Brightness Unlinked" once you have downloaded the homebrew app store called PreWare. It inverts the brightness of the keyboard to that of the screen. This way if you are in a dark room the screen can be turned down not to hurt your eyes but the keyboard will become bright.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone, this is a great forum and I'm glad I found it.
    Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by propsail View Post
    Thanks everyone, this is a great forum and I'm glad I found it.
    Craig
    Your welcome I love these forums too. Full of alot of great people.
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    On the subject of screen brightness, you may want to checkout an app called "Brightness Unlinked" once you have downloaded the homebrew app store called PreWare. It inverts the brightness of the keyboard to that of the screen. This way if you are in a dark room the screen can be turned down not to hurt your eyes but the keyboard will become bright.
    He means to say "inverted keyboard brightness" the patch, not "brightness unlinked" the app. Brightness unlinked allows independent screen and keyboard brightness control. Inverted keyboard brighness as he means to say will make the keyboard brighter the darker the screen gets and vice versa. I prefer inverted keyboard brighness, as there's no app to run hogging up space on the notification panel.

I'm a big fan of the Brightness Inverted patch.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Brightness Inverted patch.
    I'm really new at this stuff (as if you all couldn't tell). Where can I find this patch?
    I'm really new at this stuff (as if you all couldn't tell). Where can I find this patch?
    Patches can be installed using Preware. I highly recommend this app to give you detailed instructions on how to install and use preware. The $1 goes toward supporting webosinternals.

The short and quick of it is Preware is the homebrew application, theme and patch installer of choice for most anything available for your phone. Once you have preware, you can tweak your phone out and customize it all over the air without having to root your device. Its amazing.

Here is the Preware Homebrew Documentation info:

Check out Preware Homebrew Documentation: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=5582

1.) Install Preware (the homebrew app/patch/theme/other-coolness store)
    --Follow what the great people over at webos interals have posted in the below tutorial. You have a HP Veer with 2.x (the 'x' stands for any number: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2). You will have to use the little more confusing way because 2.0 is still relatively new. If you have any questions on what the steps mean ask here or you can PM me the question.
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

2.)Installing stuff
    --Open up Preware on your Veer and let it download the lists (may take a bit). Once you are done, you can browse all the homebrew apps, patches, themes, and kernels. Just to clearify what Patches and kernels are; Patches are like "patches" or tweaks that will change little parts of the UI (user interface) like displaying the battery percent next to the battery icon, a kernel is what runs the OS (operating system) and you can download ones that have been tweaked for running the processor (brains of the device) faster than normal. I'm not sure but, right now there may not be alot of patches available for the Veer because they haven't been ported over from the earlier devices yet. As the weeks go by you should see new one pop up in Preware.

Any Questions? Please don't hesitate to ask
    - John Wayne
    Welcome. You will find this forum to be one of the best tech forums for help and general welcomeness ive been on here since before the first webos device was available and am still heavily active even though I have left my pre for windows 7. This form and webos are truly great so hope you enjoy both!
    Just another "welcome aboard!" to the OP. I'd been hoping that with the launch of the Veer, this forum would be getting some fresh blood - users new to webOS and excited about their devices. Looks like the trickle is starting!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    It is changing the screen brightness based on readings from the ambient light sensor. It makes the screen marginally dimmer in the dark and brighter in light. It cannot be adjusted unfortunately.

Does anyone know if there is a patch or other method to override the ambient light sensor yet? My veer is driving me crazy, going dim and bright all the time according to what direction I turn it. It also makes the phone useless as a flashlight. It's already missing a camera flash; now the screen goes dim when I'm trying to use it to see in the dark :/

And please don't suggest brightness unlinked, already tried it. It has no power over the almighty sensor