Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Today I ventured down to a att store, (I have sprint so i was taking a visit) And I walked in and was promptly greeted. I asked wheres the "HP Veer on displayed located" she showed me to the wall where it was placed it was dead so she got the charger and the little adapter which she let me hook up. It was quite easy and fit snug. As a sprint pixi owner for over a year now. I was quite surprised at how small the veer was. The white looked very good unlike how I thought it looked in photos and felt nice and smooth. the screens are the same resolution but with a side by side comparison pixi's screen still seemed bigger probably the bezel. Started up nice a quick unlike the usual palms. I love the subtle changes and effects in 2.1.2, It was very snappy but on par with my oc'ed 849 pixi with softswap in terms of performance. The keyboard was interesting, I being a avid pixi user am use to typing on the small keys and quite quickly. The keys were noticeably different. I wish they had more of a hump and weren't so tight. I love the chrome accents and the newly located external buttons. The media playback was crisp and loud. and speaker volume was perfect upgrade over the pixi. And putting it on my pocket felt amazing. Build quality was an A+ simply amazing.

Overall, its a phone for a certain niche but not a niche that hp should of delved in so early without addressing their core legacy users. Its a good phone for a on the go social,tweeting texter. But not a power user. Its something that should of been released a year and a half ago honestly. But a overall good job, but could def be done better.
    On par with your overclocked Pixi? I'm sorry, the placebo effect you're experimenting on your Pixi is way over the top. Even if the systems had the same clock speed, hell, even if the Pixi was 1 Ghz, the 800 Mhz processor on the Veer will still beat it, because the architecture is way better. Not to mention the Veer has substantially more RAM.
    I just got back from BestBuy and the AT&T store also. The BestBuy store didn't have it on display but when I walked in I saw a few emploies taking it out of the desk. One of the guys was telling the other how freak'n awesome it was and how it was the smallest phone in the world. The other just sat there and marveled.
    At the AT&T store I walked in and ask were it was. I was tak'n aback by how little it was when I first walked up to it (I hadn't prepared my self ). The build quality was amazing, the keyboard was better than my Evo's on screen one (yes I just said that), it was *snappy smooth*, and it truly did felt like a little pebble. Nice HP keep it up
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    On par with your overclocked Pixi? I'm sorry, the placebo effect you're experimenting on your Pixi is way over the top. Even if the systems had the same clock speed, hell, even if the Pixi was 1 Ghz, the 800 Mhz processor on the Veer will still beat it, because the architecture is way better. Not to mention the Veer has substantially more RAM.
    no its not, do you even own a pixi? Please get back to me when you have experience. It was on par, veers prolly better its opening tons of apps and running games at the same time. but opening apps and universal search and going through the photo and youtube app. my pixi was faster. I did them both at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    no its not, do you even own a pixi? Please get back to me when you have experience. It was on par, veers prolly better its opening tons of apps and running games at the same time. but opening apps and universal search and going through the photo and youtube app. my pixi was faster. I did them both at the same time.
    Yes, I own a Pixi, yes, it's overlocked, yes I'm using softswap, and no, the Pixi processor is still slower regardless of running at 849 Mhz.
    I second the notion of placebo effect. I had the pixi and overclocking did nothing.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    Yes, I own a Pixi, yes, it's overlocked, yes I'm using softswap, and no, the Pixi processor is still slower regardless of running at 849 Mhz.
    You installed it like 2 days ago. ive been running mine for a month or so. I know I have a regular pixi as a backup. definite speed increase. its not a placebo effect. Obviously the cpu's faster and can handle more of a load but my pixi was doing simple tasks faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I am going to have to agree with him. I have a Pixi and it isn't quite as fast as the Veer (overclocked). There are somethings that it does do slightly faster like opening certain apps but the fact is that the Veer is 'overall' faster because you don't just sit there all day and open apps. You use apps. The Veer has more RAM and a better processor, which shows up when you do things like loading Angrybirds (I mean after the card is loaded and the white rivio screen and the Angry birds loading screen after that).
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne