1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I was just looking over Asurion's ATT deductible policy and noticed the Veer isn't on there yet, since the last update was May 2nd. I saw that the Pixi was only a $50 insurance deductible rather than the $125. Since the Veer is a Pixi class, i'd guess it would be the same. My ATT store rep said $125 but he wasn't sure. Anyone get a different answer?

According to this document the deductible is $50 from Asurion.
    PDF
    Last edited by Trader05; 06/05/2011 at 05:05 PM.
    I'm certain the deductible will be $125. I will let you know if I manage to find out for sure. I sell AT&T Verizon and T-Mobile

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I bought the insurance. I was told by the rep that the deductible would be $50 on my Veer. Searching apartment in vain for the receipt to confirm.
  4.    #4  
    Cool thanks guys..let me know please
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I bought the insurance as well, was told the deductible was $50.00.
    But the phone only cost me $50, so it's worthless to me
    Quote Originally Posted by propsail View Post
    But the phone only cost me $50, so it's worthless to me
    The phone didn't cost you $50.00. You got a discount. If you lost or broke your phone the replacement cost would be some $450.00

8.    #8  
    Just a heads up, i called ATT today since you have 30 days to add insurance, and the deductable is $125.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I'm certain the deductible will be $125. I will let you know if I manage to find out for sure. I sell AT&T Verizon and T-Mobile

No Sprint... Fry's employee??? (just a wild guess)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    No Sprint... Fry's employee??? (just a wild guess)
    Yup. And we don't carry the Veer. Hopefully as HP ramps up advertising we will carry it and the Pre3 later on.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Yup. And we don't carry the Veer. Hopefully as HP ramps up advertising we will carry it and the Pre3 later on.

Clearly I spend FAR too much time in Fry's....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    AT&T's insurance isn't really AT&T. It is a third party they contract with.

I discovered a few years back that they reserve the right to replace your phone with a refurbished phone. Also, if they don't have the phone you lost in stock, they also reserve the right to replace it with another phone they deem to be an "equivalent". The phone they deemed equivalent at the time for a lost Sony Ericcson w600i (this was a few years back) was a generic samsung phone that didn't have half the features. I told them that I did not consider this phone equivalent (e.g., it had no airplane mode whereas the sony one did), but they said they didn't have any of the SE phone in stock and that was all they were going to do. I had to take it then found it was a refurbished one at that. I used it for 2 months, hated it, then gave it to someone else and had to shell out for a new SE phone. And they still charged me the deductible, and of course the monthly insurance fee for this "service".

I never got the insurance again, and I never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    AT&T's insurance isn't really AT&T. It is a third party they contract with.

I discovered a few years back that they reserve the right to replace your phone with a refurbished phone. Also, if they don't have the phone you lost in stock, they also reserve the right to replace it with another phone they deem to be an "equivalent". The phone they deemed equivalent at the time for a lost Sony Ericcson w600i (this was a few years back) was a generic samsung phone that didn't have half the features. I told them that I did not consider this phone equivalent (e.g., it had no airplane mode whereas the sony one did), but they said they didn't have any of the SE phone in stock and that was all they were going to do. I had to take it then found it was a refurbished one at that. I used it for 2 months, hated it, then gave it to someone else and had to shell out for a new SE phone. And they still charged me the deductible, and of course the monthly insurance fee for this "service".

I never got the insurance again, and I never will.
    You are the first person I have ever heard of this.... everyone I know (including my wife) that has dealt with asurion has gotten an equal or better value phone as replacement.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Well as i said it was awhile back. Maybe they got better. This was... I think 2002 - 2003 ish.
  15.    #15  
    Apparently ATT reps have no idea, just checked the Asurion's deductable and its $50. Check link in first post. ::adding insurance now::