Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Does doing a secure reset really erase everything and return it to complete factory state? I wanted to have a fresh start but I have already installed preware and some apps & patches. Will resetting the phone in settings be enough to give a real fresh factory phone?
    I'm about 99% certain the answer is yes. I can't say exactly what is done during a secure reset though.
    What is your concern? if you do that you'll have a fresh phone, no patches, no apps, etc. am i missing something?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'm about 99% certain the answer is yes. I can't say exactly what is done during a secure reset though.
    What is your concern? if you do that you'll have a fresh phone, no patches, no apps, etc. am i missing something?
    Concern was I'm having some glitches and wanted to do a complete wipe and start fresh. Well I did one and then re-activated and it appears my battery percentage patch has remained so it is not a 100% clean wipe apparently. Darn.
    OP: The only way to get that "factory settings reset" is via the webOS Doctor.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Yes, if you run a Secure Erase it will wipe your device completely. The secure erase will take a bit longer than a standard one, but it will completely reset your device. But if you want a full secure erase, run the Doctor.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    So Doctor I take it is the only way to get a real full restore then?
    If you want the device fully back to true factory settings, the Doctor is the best way to go ans you are reinstalling the OS which wipes everything out.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Thanks guys!! Yeah seccure erase didn't do it. Off to see the doctor.
    Full erase (doesn't have to be secure) and webOS Doctor is what you need.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Full erase (doesn't have to be secure) and webOS Doctor is what you need.

-- Rod
    Are u saying I have to do a full erase before I run webOS doc to get a complete factory reset or can i just run the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Are u saying I have to do a full erase before I run webOS doc to get a complete factory reset or can i just run the doctor?
    I meant exactly what I said.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    If you just Doctor, you get factory default settings and software, but if you had saved something to the usb partition, it will still be there. The full erase deletes the data on the usb partition, the Doctor restores the OS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Does this procedure reformat the USB partition or just delete user files? I suspect mine is corrupt as Windows has recently started wanting to "fix" it for me where it did not before. And the phone is a bit wonky too, so I want to wipe, got back to 1.4.5, update all my apps that I can (thanks for breaking the store, HP!), and re-doctor back to 2.1.0 after building a new doctor image.

If that doesn't completely wipe the memory and start over with a fresh filesystem, does anyone know how to accomplish that?
    How much time will it take for secure full erase? I started it 2 hours ao and it is still spinning HP logo, is the phone bricked?
    closure on this. i left for several hours nothing changed. i did a reset and it is back up. hard reset. power + flicker the vibrate switch 10 times.
    Hi,

If I use WebOS Doctor for a full factory reset on an HP Veer, will it affect my unlocked status?

Background info:

I own (2) HP Veers, (1) behaves strangely with the following symptom: When I flip the phone open, the screen turns *off*. Every time. It's as if the software or hardware that tells the Veer to turn the screen on is doing the inverse. I do not use a screen protector or case, etc.

Thanks,
    Chris