Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The hardware cover feels like my asus eee. I don't get why people say thekeyboard is good. It's too small to be useful. I thought the veer would have more heft or an expensive feel to it. Surprised it wasn't. HTC should design webos phones. There were a lot of those with cool designs.

@moderator How and Why did you change my post title?
    Last edited by Dvigilante1; 05/23/2011 at 11:01 PM.
    are you going to return it?

I have to say my experience was completely different and the veer really impressed me. But if it doesn't impress you, return it and wait for the Pre3, etc.
    I was pleasantly surprised by the Veer's keyboard in the short amount of time that I played with it in an AT&T store. From my perspective, it's a nicer keyboard to use than the ones on any of the Pres (Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2) or the Pixis and I'd happily trade my Pre 2 keyboard for a Veer keyboard. That would go double for any Verizon Pre Plus keyboard.
    I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. Most of the feedback I have read seemed to indicate the Veer was a well built solid device.
    Hmmm...do I hear a "tromp, tromp, tromping"??
    sounds like you equate weight to build quality... i wouldnt expect the worlds smallest smartphone to have a lot of 'heft'.

i'm sorry you feel this way, most of the comments and reviews i've seen spoke highly of the build quality.
    I think the quality feels great. It finally feels like an evo or iphone in terms of build.

What about it feels bad exactly?

I agree the keyboard is not great.(well for the size it is) Pixi's keyboard is still soo much better.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I just stopped by the AT&T store to see if they had the Veer. It was displayed on the floor and the sales person actually spoke highly of it, though did mention that they haven't sold any. It is amazing how small it is, a little too small for my wishes, but still shows off WebOS well. 2.1.2 was the OS version and it was very quick and the new features were pretty impressive. This was a pleasant experience in contrast with dealing with my Verizon store just a short distance away. I think I am leaning more to the Pre3 if it comes out this summer, assuming that Verizon will be offering it. I hope that the Veer finds a following.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    So the world's smallest smartphone is supposed to be heavy??
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    So the world's smallest smartphone is supposed to be heavy??
    Duh. It should be chock full of depleted uranium as are all quality portable electronics.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    Duh. It should be chock full of depleted uranium as are all quality portable electronics.
    Exactly. It's also got that razor sharp edge on the keyboard so it can be used as a weapon.
    I thought it felt very solid and the keyboard was easy to type on w/my big hands. (size 13 shoes and a lot of XL gloves don't fit, so you must acquit)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Really? I do have a hard time telling all the new phones apart. I see two basic styles being mass produced: slide out qwerty keyboard phones, and iphone copies. The Pre/Pixi were real standout models over the last two years. I personally find the Pixi (and Veer) to be too small for my hands but that doesn't mean I don't like them. My daughter loves her Pixi and after going down to the AT&T store is dying to get a Veer, if it makes its way to Sprint.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I got to play with it today at an AT7T store. I have Classic Pre's, Pre Plus and a Pixi. The phone has a light weight feel that I like. It seemed solid enough for me.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Ya, I gotta agree with the slew of commenters -I was TOTALLY blown away at how solid the Veer felt! I think the slider is completely amazing compared to my Pre-'s, Pre+'s & Pre2's that I've used over the past 22 months!!

The keyboard completely threw me back with how really quite simple it was to use!!!!! I have been so used to the other slightly larger phones that I thought this would be too small, but with how they 'bumped' the buttons up a bit & still decreased the size, it was REALLY easy for me to type on right away -i didn't even need a learning curve!

I was even able to use the HP Rep's Veer while he was in the AT&T store, & it felt absolutely amazing!!! I freakin LOVED how awesome & near-nonexistent the phone felt in my pocket! It made me with I was on AT&T!!!
    If you want weight, just put your Veer into a lead case.
    I'm posting this from my Veer, and I have to say that I can't find anywhere in the hardware that I feel HP has skimped. Everything feels top notch, well-designed, and well-constructed. Nothing feels cheap at all. The hardware is pretty much perfect.
    I smashed my Veer both on an Android and an Apple phone.
    The Veer is only one that's still working. The other owners weren't too amused.

[No real-life Veers were harmed during the making of this nonsense post]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    The hardware cover feels like my asus eee. I don't get why people say thekeyboard is good. It's too small to be useful. I thought the veer would have more heft or an expensive feel to it. Surprised it wasn't. HTC should design webos phones. There were a lot of those with cool designs.
    Really looks like you don't dig the intended smallness of it. Dont worry the Pre3 is just around the corner
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Well - you are entitled to have your own preferences, so if it feels cheap to you or don't like the keyboard then that's that.

The thing I don't get is this remark: " I thought the veer would have more heft".

I looked up the meaning of heft to make sure I got this right, but it seems I understood it the first time. So, you complain about lack of weight in THE WORLDS SMALLEST SMARTPHONE? ;-)

That's just silly. :-)

Being small and light are pretty much the intended selling points. That's what you get by giving up a larger screen. If you're not interested in a very compact and light phone then you are simply not interested in the Veer to begin with. Why even bother checking it?

"I thought this motorcycle would have more trunk space and passenger seats."
    :-)
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast