Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    strange why it should be cheap only because it is not made of gold... Sry ... Not hefty enough. No To complain about title but not participating in ehe conversation Is cheap! But Of course a personal device Is very subjective how the people are feeling about it. Soon there will Be only foils which will work as a tablet PC. This will not be hefty at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Strange that you found the magnet weak. I was holding the veer in the store by the charging cable and swinging it gently in the air and the magnets held. It was only when I gave it a good tug did it come off. Also who cares about this stupid charging cable, anybody who uses HP phones should have touchstones.
    Well the display model certainly wasn't as sturdy. I didn't even have to do much to get it to pop loose, although it went back on easily. And who knows about Touchstones but this forum? I don't see those advertised well either.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I've had my (white) Veer for a week and it's been ALL GOOD! I think the keyboard is fantastic and the UI is so smooth, it looks like it could jump out at me. webOS 2.x is sooo much nicer than 1.x in so many ways. The Veer accentuates all that is different with this installment of webOS. I was disappointed in the lack of familiarity of the AT&T employees' knowledge of this phone. I worked with two sales reps (they didn't have much to do apparently) and neither of them even offered accessories to me at the point of sale. I had to search the store for accessories myself (I found Palm-branded Car chargers for $5.00 each!). The sales reps were fantastic, just completely ignorant of all things webOS. One of them didn't even know that the demo Veer was set up 10' behind where we were standing.
    It was a SOFT launch... soft launches are suppose to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I must admit the Veer launch feels very cheap...
    The Veer felt very solid to me. I kind of nerded out in the store holding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post

Strange that the OP just pops in: "Veer feels cheap", and disappears, no defense to his argument indeed.
    Cobrakon hit it on the head indeed I think: "tromp, tromp...tromping".
    I think he left folks with the impression that he purchased one, and I don't think he did. Not 100% sure, but I think he's a disgruntled former Pre user that's looking to complain.

I could be wrong though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123